Reed

Comment

• Tol
      From Accounting
      • Mar 2019
      • Carlsbad
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      My final list of our expected 53-Man roster and 14-Man practice squad.......

2020 LA CHARGERS

OFFENSE ( 25 )

QB - T. TAYLOR, J. HERBERT, E. STICK

RB - J. KELLEY, A. EKELER, J. JACKSON, G. NABORS
      WR - K. ALLEN, M, WILLIAMS, J. REED, K.J. HILL, J. GUYTON, J. MOORE
      TE - H. HENRY, V. GREEN, D. PARHAM
      OT - B. BULAGA, T. PIPKINS, S. TEVI
      IOL - F. LAMP, D.FEENEY, M. POUNCEY, T. TURNER, S. QBERRY, T. SCOTT

SPECIAL TEAMS ( 3 )

PK - M. BADGLEY

P - T. LONG
      LS - C. MAZZA
      PR - K.J. HILL
      KR - J. REED

DEFENSE ( 25 )

DT - L. JOSEPH, J. JONES, J. TILLERY, C. BROUGHTON, D. SQUARE, B. FEHEKO

DE/LEO - J. BOSA, SUPAMEL, I. ROCHELL U. NWOSU
      LB - K. MURRAY, D. TRANQUIL, K. WHITE, D. PERRYMAN, N. VIGIL, E. EMBUKE
      DS - R. JENKINS, N. ADDERLEY, A. GILMAN, Q. MEEKS
      CB - C. HAYWARD, C. HARRIS, M. DAVIS, D. KING, B. FACYSON

IR = D. JAMES

PRACTICE SQUAD ( 14 )

RB = D. BRADWELL, B. HOLLY
      WR = J. COTTON. T. JOHNSON, D. SHOEN
      TE = S. ANDERSON
      OL = S. NORTON, N. GILLIAM

DL = TJ JOHNSON, J. GAZIANO
      LB = A. BILAL, M. JEFFERSON
      DB = D. VAUGHN, J. BRANNON

Nabors versatility (FB/TE/LS) wins over Holly’s FB only identity.
      J. Moore gets WR6 to cover MW injury status.
      D. Parham is the real deal.
      T. Scott G/T versatility and snaps over S. Norton.
      B. Fehoko because SupaMel/others believe he has it and AL said he already made the team even if in play.

Only 6 LBers because we only play with 3 about 30%-35% of snaps.
      Solid!

I like the addition of Moore, if Mike has to miss time. Would be hard to cut Jennings after bringing him over from TEN, but if guys like Reed, King, Ekeler and Guyton can all return, then I can see him missing out.
      Would be nice to see what Norton can do. But Scott over Norton for the reasons you listed. I agree with that.
      I'm really torn between Nabors and Holly and could see it going either way, although I lean towards Nabors too.
      6 DT's for 2 positions seems like overkill. I'd be surprised if they kept 5. If they have an extra spot on D and want to keep Feheko or Square, then I guess. But for me it'd be one or the other.
      Meeks as a CB converted to safety seems like a real possibility the more I think about it, since losing James.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Solid!

I like the addition of Moore, if Mike has to miss time. Would be hard to cut Jennings after bringing him over from TEN, but if guys like Reed, King, Ekeler and Guyton can all return, then I can see him missing out.
        Would be nice to see what Norton can do. But Scott over Norton for the reasons you listed. I agree with that.
        I'm really torn between Nabors and Holly and could see it going either way, although I lean towards Nabors too.
        6 DT's for 2 positions seems like overkill. I'd be surprised if they kept 5. If they have an extra spot on D and want to keep Feheko or Square, then I guess. But for me it'd be one or the other.
        Meeks as a CB converted to safety seems like a real possibility the more I think about it, since losing James.
        6 DTs is a stretch for certain. I’ve seen TILLERY, BROUGHTON, & SQUARE all take snaps at DE is one reason. The others is AL saying don’t count #’s.
        A 7th LB, 10th DB, 4th TE, or 5th RB/FB also make sense.
        Jennings contract is only 1 year $900K and not guaranteed. Cutting him costs nothing.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I expect this - Nabors versatility (FB/TE/LS) wins over Holly’s FB only identity.

I'm not sure Poppers has the numbers right (by position) I'm thinking one less DT and one more RB - because RB's miss games due to injury and 5 DT's seems most probable

I'm also wondering about Jennings - he seems to be a one position man (returns) and we do have others that can fill that job

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I expect this - Nabors versatility (FB/TE/LS) wins over Holly’s FB only identity.

I'm not sure Poppers has the numbers right (by position) I'm thinking one less DT and one more RB - because RB's miss games due to injury and 5 DT's seems most probable

I'm also wondering about Jennings - he seems to be a one position man (returns) and we do have others that can fill that job
            About the RBs...I won't argue the sensibility of carrying a fifth there...but would point out that Bradwell probably isn't going anywhere, and will be available for call up...also...I keep hearing about Reed taking reps as a RB this camp? Does anyone here think he did enough work there to be considered cross trained as a fifth RB, as well as WR depth? Just curious. Surely not a between the tackles workhorse, but someone who could spell a banged up Ekelor short term, if Jackson was also out?
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

About the RBs...I won't argue the sensibility of carrying a fifth there...but would point out that Bradwell probably isn't going anywhere, and will be available for call up...also...I keep hearing about Reed taking reps as a RB this camp? Does anyone here think he did enough work there to be considered cross trained as a fifth RB, as well as WR depth? Just curious. Surely not a between the tackles workhorse, but someone who could spell a banged up Ekelor short term, if Jackson was also out?
              Joe had some reps at RB at UVA. He has vision, burst, exceptional cutting agility, power, and toughness.
              Here is PM braeaking him down. At the 2:45 mark he is the RB. Watch him run the inside counter.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Chargers linebacker Denzel Perryman says goal is to stay healthy in 2020

Fernando Ramirez

2 hours ago

Before the start of every season, the media asks players what their goal is for the upcoming year. Some will say a Super Bowl. Others will have individual statistical goals. For Chargers linebacker Denzel Perryman the answer is easy.

Staying healthy all 16 games.

"I am as healthy as an ox as people like to say," said Perryman. "That's always been my obstacle, and that has been my downfall since I have been here, but going into this year, I am healthy, I feel good and have taken care of my body."

Since being drafted in 2015, Perryman has suffered nine injuries that have made him play 56 out of 80 games. It hurts. He is a talented linebacker who has been important for the defense in the run game. The problem is that he gets hurt when he is in a rhythm, and it deteriorates everything.

"When he is well, he is hell," explained Lynn. "He has been in there competing. He missed a couple of days because of an injury, but he is back, and he is competing."

Perryman missed a couple of days in training camp due to an undisclosed injury. He missed the team's scrimmage last Sunday but has come back into the fold.

The Miami Hurricane product says he worked hard in the offseason. He decided to focus more on cardio and less on weightlifting. He started eating better.

He has been the starting "MIKE" linebacker for the last three seasons, but this year the team drafted Kenneth Murray in the first round.

"Oh man, baller," explained Perryman about Murray. "I can't wait to see him play, man. He has this presence about him, and I can't wait to watch him take off. Stay tuned, man I can't give you guys too much information."

Murray has been the MIKE since Perryman went out with the injury, but the thing about defensive coordinator Gus Bradley's system is that the linebackers are taught all three positions. So even if Murray is the starting MIKE, then Perryman can play somewhere else.

"We have depth at every single position," said Perryman. "Every guy can play all three positions. Depth wise we are looking real good."

One of the exciting moves of the offseason was the addition of defensive tackle Linval Joseph. The media has spoken to at least one member of each position on the football's defensive side. Each position thinks that the addition of Joseph will help them out tremendously.

"Linval is maybe the biggest, strongest defensive lineman I have ever seen," Perryman said. "The pressure puts on a quarterback, his run game, his pass game, double teams you aren't moving him, single blocking good luck. It is almost like you have to pick your poison with him, man."

The defense has a lot of potential to be special, even with the loss of safety Derwin James. They will need to stay relatively healthy the whole season. Perryman says that his offseason conditioning and the work he has put in on the field makes him feel like this is the healthiest he has been in some time.

Nuts N’ Bolts

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Good point - I forgot about Reed being able to move to RB if needed

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Joe had some reps at RB at UVA. He has vision, burst, exceptional cutting agility, power, and toughness.
                    Here is PM braeaking him down. At the 2:45 mark he is the RB. Watch him run the inside counter.

Wow, not bad at all...yep, if JJ misses any games, I think we have a more than capable fill-in with Reed, to spell Ekkie and Kelley...I'd like to see Nabors get some touches in the PS as well...

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

But can he pass block? He’s not a 3rd down back if he can’t.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Center Mike Pouncey’s status for the opener is in doubt. The four-time Pro Bowl player has been dealing with an undisclosed injury that has kept him from practicing since early in training camp.

In Pouncey’s absence, the Chargers have been starting Dan Feeney at center, with Forrest Lamp taking over Feeney’s spot as the starter at left guard.

The other Chargers who didn’t practice included Jackson (toe) and tight end Virgil Green (undisclosed).

Jackson was hurt during a scrimmage Sunday as he again struggles to remain on the field. In two seasons, Jackson has been limited to 20 games because of health issues.

from LA times
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Just my opinion, but Pouncy may not make this team.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X