Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      Thats some sad shit. In his 4th year and hasn’t mastered one spot yet.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Yup injury bug basically ruined his career so far.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

He's been in on how many plays in real games...one full game? How can you master anything that way?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

I'll bet Lamp could beat out Tevi at LT if given a chance...but NO, Loyal Lynn wants to roll with Turnstile Tevi and Pip is now a backup due to injury....wow, just...wow...

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'll bet Lamp could beat out Tevi at LT if given a chance...but NO, Loyal Lynn wants to roll with Turnstile Tevi and Pip is now a backup due to injury....wow, just...wow...
              What gives you that idea? He hasn’t beat out Feeney or Schofield for either OG spot over the previous 2 years?

I was a fan of Lamp coming out but his pro career has yet to impress.

AL is not the only decision maker. The Oline coach hasn’t yet pounded the table for Forrest to be a starter. When given the opportunity Lamp needs to be a monster on the field and stay healthy. With Lamp, Feeney, Tevi, and Pouncey all FA @ the end of this season we have decisions to make.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

What gives you that idea? He hasn’t beat out Feeney or Schofield for either OG spot over the previous 2 years?

AL is not the only decision maker. The Oline coach hasn’t yet pounded the table for Forrest to be a starter. When given the opportunity Lamp needs to be a monster on the field and stay healthy. With Lamp, Feeney, Tevi, and Pouncey all FA @ the end of this season we have decisions to make.
                Injuries do that and he has really never been able to get it going for any length of time.
                Schofield however wasnt resigned by us and not long got a deal from somebody else. Scho was just the best we had at the time. I get Lynn wanting to have Lamp earn a spot since he has missed so much time. Its just a real bummer that Lamp has been injured so much and it has ruined his career thus far.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

If Lamp shows flashes of starter ability this year, his lack of production might be a blessing in disguise in that he will be cheap to re-sign
                  I know, we’re probably closer to cutting than re-signing but it’s always an option when the potential is there.

and speaking of potential, I wouldn’t count out Storm Norton just yet, he got a little practice squad experience last year and game experience with the XFL and sometimes a little experience is all some UDFAs need to challenge for a starting job.
                  Darius "4.36" Davis
                  top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

If we are only to consider pass protection, a healthy Lamp should be starting over Feeney, period! The guy anchors, something at which Feeney will always struggle.

I don't understand the thinking were guys with little experience, coming off injuries & playing new positions should have sufficiently mastered things by sitting on the bench. Lamp needs to play and make mistakes. On the opposite end, after 3 years of starting, Feeney hasn't demonstrated yet that he'll ever be able to hold his own at LG. Maybe sitting on the bench would actually help.

Start Lamp, & if/when he goes down, insert Feeney. Pretty damn simple! Lynn possibly focuses too much on the nebulous idea of cohesion: giving all the starter reps to the superior Lamp and then see him fall injured is a step back

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

For now, the #Chargers are sticking with Forrest Lamp as a guard and not a candidate at LT, which he played in college. Anthony Lynn: “Right now, we gotta make sure Forrest can compete at one spot before we start trying to teach him two spots.”

Stupid, damn thing to say. How frustrating must it be for Lamp to have the head coach imply that he's still not sure if Lamp can compete at LG against the likes of Feeney.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

In the same article it says Lamp would eventually get a look at LOT so that’s due diligence there
                        I agree that Lamp needs to be explored fully because the last thing we need to see is a healthy Lamp starting for the Raiders in 2021
                        Darius "4.36" Davis
                        top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Lamp is on the bubble. The Bolts need for a young guy to step up, maybe Q. That's 4 guys guys who are questionable for next year, time to start the rebuild now.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X