• Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    Didn't like him getting cut last year.
    No problem bringing him back this year.
    Law beat him for the backup job, I suspect we get an OLB early in the draft. I just don't see a spot for him on the squad.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
      Law beat him for the backup job, I suspect we get an OLB early in the draft. I just don't see a spot for him on the squad.
      IMO, its quite a stretch to claim Law "beat" anyone for a job last year. Despite the CFL success and hype & hope it would translate to the NFL- the guy barely saw the field and was mostly invisible when he got his opportunities. Didn't he even get cut at 1 point and have to clear waivers to get resigned? They did choose him over Keiser at cutdowns, but that was likely more of a function of Keiser's offseason arrest and the fact they knew what Keiser could do and thought Law might have more upside. However, Keiser was far more productive in the role in 2013 than Law in 2014.

Don't forget we had Ingram, Freeney, JJ, Attachou, Tourek Williams, and Law last year. Both Freeney & JJ are gone, so even with a draft pick there is room for another backup like Keiser who can produce when called upon. It wouldn't hurt to sign him as cheap injury insurance through TC and preseason- and if not needed cut him later.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Eagles discussing releasing Mathis. If he could be had for a 5th you got to jump on that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          IMO, its quite a stretch to claim Law "beat" anyone for a job last year. Despite the CFL success and hype & hope it would translate to the NFL- the guy barely saw the field and was mostly invisible when he got his opportunities. Didn't he even get cut at 1 point and have to clear waivers to get resigned? They did choose him over Keiser at cutdowns, but that was likely more of a function of Keiser's offseason arrest and the fact they knew what Keiser could do and thought Law might have more upside. However, Keiser was far more productive in the role in 2013 than Law in 2014.

Don't forget we had Ingram, Freeney, JJ, Attachou, Tourek Williams, and Law last year. Both Freeney & JJ are gone, so even with a draft pick there is room for another backup like Keiser who can produce when called upon. It wouldn't hurt to sign him as cheap injury insurance through TC and preseason- and if not needed cut him later.
          Id say unlikely. If that had any bearing they would have just released him before TC. Law played very sparingly but he did have 1 sack. Inman played sparingly too and produced when called upon.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Eagles discussing releasing Mathis. If he could be had for a 5th you got to jump on that.

CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher reports the Eagles may release LG Evan Mathis if they can't trade him.
            PFF's No. 1 guard in 2013 and No. 2 guard last season, we're not sure why the Eagles are so inclined to get rid of Mathis. The Eagles are between $7-8 million under the cap, so they're not desperate for money. Shedding the 33-year-old would save $4.5 million. At 6'5/298, Mathis is an athletic guard and would ideally land in another zone-blocking scheme. Mathis could probably be had for a fifth-round pick. The Rams and Dolphins were linked to him earlier this month.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

What is the deal with Mathis? I know he getting up there in age but his stats are very good....7th round pick....wait we don't have one ???!!!!?!!!!
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                I agree.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Conditional 2016 pick up to a 4th if he makes pro bowl and starts 16 game + 2017 7th to 5th provided the same.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Do the Eagles know something about him we don't?
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      Do the Eagles know something about him we don't?
                      maybe, maybe not, it's Chip Kelly so we have to consider the unknown knowns
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

How can we unknow the known? I would like to try it.
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The official source of the latest Bucs headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and gameday information.

I think it wouldn't hurt to just take a looksee at RB Mikel Lashoure or DE Karriker on a visit.
                          Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                          X