• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    You can't even get a good PS out of that bunch.
    Nor the bottom of the 53 man roster lol.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The page you're looking for may have been changed, moved or mysteriously gone missing

Chargers claim three off waivers.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        RB Andre Williams (ex-Giants)
        CB Pierre Desir (ex-Browns)
        DL Caraun Reid (ex-Lions)

-
        TE Asante Cleveland was waived.
        CB Steve Williams waived

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Practice squad so far (no one claimed from waivers!)

WR Dom Williams
          OT Austin Shepherd (ex Vikings)
          S Adrian McDonald
          CB Trevor Williams
          OLB Ben Gardner

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Love the Williams for Desir swap. I wanted to draft him too. Size at 6'1" with athleticism and zone skills. Needs development, not a Bolts strong suite.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

OLB what's his face still on team.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                OLB what's his face still on team.
                Not anymore. Chris Landrum waived.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Practice squad so far (no one claimed from waivers!)

WR Dom Williams
                  OT Austin Shepherd (ex Vikings)
                  S Adrian McDonald
                  CB Trevor Williams
                  OLB Ben Gardner
                  Adding:
                  DT Kaleb Eulls (ex-Saints)

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I wonder who the qb is gonna be. And the 3 Centers.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Kaleb Eulls
                      G #71

Height:
                      6-4
                      Weight:
                      College:
                      Mississippi State
                      Hometown:
                      Yazoo City, Miss.
                      Experience:

Quick Stats (2016 PRE):

G

GS

Summary
                      Career
                      Logs
                      Splits
                      Situational

Career Stats Season Team Games
                      G GS
                      TOTAL 4 0
                      2015 NO 4 0

NFL CAREER – After coming to the Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2015, steadiness in training camp secured the Mississippi native a 53-man roster spot, where he appeared in four games, primarily on special teams. Eulls will now look to take advantage of his NFL experience, work ethic and physical nature as he transitions from defensive tackle to the offensive line.

?????

New Orleans Saints' Kaleb Eulls: 'I didn't switch teams, just positions'
                      Manhart & Eulls: Saints Training Camp 2015
                      New Orleans Saints offensive guard Cole Manhart (70) and Kaleb Eulls (71), who was then a defensive lineman, face off during Saints training camp at the Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia on Sunday, August 16, 2015. (Photo by Michael DeMocker, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune) (Michael DeMocker)
                      Print Email
                      Evan Woodbery, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune By Evan Woodbery, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
                      Email the author | Follow on Twitter
                      on June 15, 2016 at 8:10 AM, updated June 15, 2016 at 8:11 AM

Kaleb Eulls had never played on the offensive line. Not in youth ball, high school or college.

So when New Orleans Saints coaches approached him about switching from defensive tackle to offensive guard after his rookie NFL season, he wasn't sure what to think.

After Hau'oli Kikaha injury, Kasim Edebali ready to compete

After Hau'oli Kikaha injury, Kasim Edebali ready to compete

The injury to his friend also presents the biggest opportunity of his career, which began in 2014 when he was a little-known undrafted free agent out of Boston College who was considered unlikely to make the team.

"It was just a shocking reaction," he said. "But I had a little time to just think about what I wanted to do and I feel like I'm the right person to fit that position for what they wanted to do. I feel like it was a great choice."

Eulls, who signed with the Saints last summer as an undrafted rookie from Mississippi State, spent the entire season on the team's roster but played in only four games.

The battle for a roster spot on the interior defensive line got more crowded after the Saints signed Nick Fairley and drafted Sheldon Rankins and David Onyemata.

But coach Sean Payton said the decision was in the works before that.
                      ADVERTISING
                      inRead invented by Teads

Also working in Eulls' favor is that the Saints didn't draft or sign any guards, so his main competition will be rookie undrafted players.
                      Saints fans line up early to watch team practice Dozens of New Orleans Saints fans attended the team's first open-to-the-public practice this offseason in Metairie on June 14, 2016.

"I think one of the reasons that he has a chance there is that he is smart," Payton said. "I think, obviously, there are some nuances to making a switch like that, but I think he's progressed. I know his and our vision's certainly for the long-haul and an opportunity to compete to play inside and make the team (on the) inside."

Eulls said it helps to have some idea what's going on inside the head of the defensive players across from him.

"The transition from D-line to O-line is just a transition to a new style," he said. "It's a little strange, but I didn't switch teams, just positions."
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

DT
                        Kaleb Eulls
                        Mississippi St. SEC
                        Photo of Kaleb Eulls
                        Grade
                        ?

6'4"
                        Height
                        295LBS.
                        Weight

Overview

2014: Started 12 games at defensive tackle and one game at defensive end. Recorded 34 total tackles, three tackles for loss and three sacks. Named SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week following the win at Kentucky on Oct. 25, when he had two sacks. 2013: Started all 13 games. 2012: Started all 13 games. 2011: Named to the All-SEC Freshman Team. Was only defensive freshman (true or redshirt) to start all 13 games in the SEC. 2010: Redshirted.

Pro Day Results
                        40-yard dash: 5.20 and 5.26 seconds
                        Vertical jump: 28 inches
                        Broad jump: 8 feet, 8 inches
                        20-yard short shuttle: 4.59 seconds
                        Three-cone drill: 7.31 seconds
                        Bench press: 26 reps
                        Analysis
                        Strengths Plays with a wide, strong base. Has power in his lower half. Able to brace up against double teams and eat up blocks. Uses good pursuit angles and has adequate lateral quickness against the run. Consistent player and four-year starter in a physical conference. Plays with effort and was part of an aggressive defense.
                        Weaknesses Legs straighten out and his pad level rises too often at contact. At times he's too locked in on backfield rather than handling the task at hand -- especially on stunts. Poor pass-rush skills. Uses just a bull rush and will stall out if he isn't winning within the first couple of seconds of the snap. Hand usage and placement aren't where they need to be.
                        Draft Projection Round 6 or 7
                        Sources Tell Us "Hard worker and I know that he's well thought of at that school. He's a rotational guy at most." -- NFC South scout
                        NFL Comparison Brandon Dunn
                        Bottom Line Has the athletic ability and motor to be effective against the run and was good enough to start for four years in the challenging SEC West. Eulls needs a great deal of improvement as a pass rusher and some of that improvement can come with better hand usage. Has the look of a competent NFL backup.
                        Related Links
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Kaleb Eulls, DT
                          School: Mississippi State | Conference: SEC
                          College Experience: Senior | Hometown: Yazoo City, MS
                          Height/Weight: 6-3 / 305 lbs.
                          Projected Ranking
                          Overall Position Proj. Rnd.
                          220 20 6-7

Player Profile
                          News
                          History

Player Lowdown
                          Combine Results
                          40 Yd 20 Yd 10 Yd 225 Bench Vertical jump Broad Shuttle 3-Cone Drill

Workout Results
                          40 Yd 20 Yd 10 Yd 225 Bench Vertical jump Broad Shuttle 3-Cone Drill
                          5.14 - - - - - - -
                          Player Overview
                          Much of the credit for Mississippi State's ascent into a national title contender in 2014 was given to quarterback Dak Prescott. In reality, it was the Bulldogs' bite on defense that elevated the team into an SEC power.

Eulls started all 52 games of his career, registering 118 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a loss, 4.0 sacks, one pass breakup and a fumble recovery. Despite his impressive track record, Eulls also elected to participate in the 2015 Senior Bowl, showing a commitment to the game that scouts will be sure to appreciate.

Eulls' length and power will draw interest from 4-3 teams that want to keep him inside at defensive tackle, as well as 3-4 clubs that could see him as a five-technique defensive end. That kind of schematic and position versatility could make Eulls a surprise middle-round selection and early contributor.
                          Strengths Weaknesses
                          STRENGTHS: Well-proportioned with long arms (33 1/2"), thick thighs and a big bubble. Functional strength to hold up at the point of attack. Can stack and shed blockers. Good lateral agility and balance for a man of his size. Flows down the line in pursuit, keeping his feet and showing a burst to close when the ball is near. Latches on to the ballcarrier and has good strength for the drag-down tackle.

Highly regarded off the field, as well as on it. Graduated with a degree in interdisciplinary studies in December of 2014. Received national praise as an 18-year old for disarming a gunman on a school bus full of students.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal quickness off the ball. Has a tendency to stand up at the snap, losing leverage and negating his own strength. Doesn't show much flexibility to "get skinny" to split gaps, limiting his pass-rush potential. Recorded just 4.0 sacks over his career, three of which came during his senior season.

--Rob Rang
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X