Daniel Lee Jesus Fluker

Go Rivers!
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

to the services of a team nutritionist.
    So, we do have a team nutritionist. I wouldn't mind hearing more about this.

Love Fluker. Loved the pick and love his intensity. He's a bit hobbled by that ankle right now but he's playing through it. Big tough guy that, I bet, Rivers is glad to have on his side.
    sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

As a former homeless kid, and father of a child that spent her first 2 birthdays living in a 1964 Oldsmobile wagon before getting her MD, I believe I have a new favorite Charger.

VIDEO LOADING
      WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
      WATCH MORE VIDEOS
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Sec-E4
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2014
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

So we have to ex-homeless Chargers now

Mathews & Fluker...I remember a story on Mathews & his mom being homeless for a bit

Props to both of them & their families for getting thru the struggle

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
          So we have to ex-homeless Chargers now

Mathews & Fluker...I remember a story on Mathews & his mom being homeless for a bit

Props to both of them & their families for getting thru the struggle
          I have competition...
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• madcaplaughs
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Has anyone come to the conclusion or understanding that River's rebirth, and the Charger's becoming competitive again coincided with his arrival? I'm not saying he was the only factor, but I don't think he hurt the cause either.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
              Has anyone come to the conclusion or understanding that River's rebirth, and the Charger's becoming competitive again coincided with his arrival? I'm not saying he was the only factor, but I don't think he hurt the cause either.
              I think the improvement on the line is a bit of the talent, but a lot on Coach D'. The line play has been surprisingly good, given the number of injuries over the last two seasons, and not just because of Fluker.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

It coincided with McCoy's arrival.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

A tiny little nativity scene appeared inside my right ear at the same exact time. I have to think these events are related.

VIDEO LOADING
                  WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
                  WATCH MORE VIDEOS
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The "J" is for Jesus? The one that sounds like a "J" or "H"?

HOSE-A!Seriously, try and keep the racism down or I'm finna take down the comments.via YouTube Capture

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

Coincided? Yes. As in pure coincidence. Is there any causality? No.

(1) While Fluker is a huge improvement over anyone we had the year before and has All-Pro potential, as a rookie he was only a marginal improvement in pass blocking over Clary. Speed rushers beat him outside or, even worse, set him up to protect against the outside speed rush only to beat him with an inside move.

(2) The biggest pass-protection improvement at OT was on the left side where Dunlap (also arriving that year) was galaxies better than Harris.

(3) Neither improvement at OT was that much of a factor in the pass game because of the system we run. The biggest improvement that affected Rivers was the improved play at OG, where Clary provided a stabilizing influence on Fluker and Rinehart was a huge upgrade over Green. Remember, because of the quick passes, outside speed rushers won't usually hurt us. It's the inside pressure which, when effective, hurts us the most, because it's the shortest distance between the defense and the QB and takes away the pocket that Rivers so effectively steps into.

(4) But the single biggest factor in Rivers improvement, so much so that any other factor becomes negligible by comparison, is the change in the system, the shift in offensive philosophy. Rather than have the QB drop deep and wait for routes to develop so that the offense can attack the defense vertically while forcing the OL to hold their blocks long enough to allow all of this to happen, so scheme now attacks the defense horizontally as well as vertically, allowing the QB to make pre-snap reads and adjust so that he can more quickly identify where he needs to go with the ball and get the ball out quickly to whatever the defense gives him. The ball is out so quickly that outside pressure won't usually be a factor, and since the QB is running the show his confidence will be high.

As much as I love Fluker, credit for Rivers' resurgence goes to McCoy, Whisenhunt, Reich, and Rivers for putting together a system which plays to Rivers' strengths.
                      Adipose

Comment

Working...
                      X