• Show
Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

There's a lot of teams that would give up a lot for a top rated QB prospect and if he falls to you at 17 you take him. Does not mean there is any connection to impending action or decisions with Rivers at all. Too many conspiracy theorists around here wearing tinfoil hats.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

If Rivers signs a contract extension and plays another 4-5 years, you don't draft a QBoTF this year, especially with a 1st round pick.

Since TT has said he wants Rivers to retire a Charger, I can only suspect there's something on Rivers end that's preventing a contract extension from happening right now. What's the holdup?

I keep going back to Rivers strange comments at the end of the season and think something is up.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        If Rivers signs a contract extension and plays another 4-5 years, you don't draft a QBoTF this year, especially with a 1st round pick.

Since TT has said he wants Rivers to retire a Charger, I can only suspect there's something on Rivers end that's preventing a contract extension from happening right now. What's the holdup?

I keep going back to Rivers strange comments at the end of the season and think something is up.
        Yep, the comments are curious. Maybe the back injury hit home that he's no spring chicken and wants to be hobbled as little as possible to be there for his rather large family after football. However, if that's the case, he's working with the FO to do the best thing for the team and working on an exit strategy - the exact opposite of say, a QB whose name rhymes with Jarvre...
        Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post

Trade Rivers!

Think of a team(s) that feels they are a top-rated QB away from either the playoffs and/or SB victory. The plot thickens!

Comment

• Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Trade Rivers!

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
              Oh Archer, how can you know anything about football with all the spying and gallivanting about?

Now if it were Krieger talking...
              Last edited by Marshall/Boogie; 03-13-2015, 09:34 AM. Reason: spelling
              Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                Did we win?
                • Jun 2013
                • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                • Send PM

Love Archer! Might be the most underrated show on TV. Hialrious!
                I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  Trade Rivers!

Think of a team(s) that feels they are a top-rated QB away from either the playoffs and/or SB victory. The plot thickens!
                  I know this is not a serious post but I'll play along. If you try to trade him, it's going to have to come with a new contract with the new team and there's no way Rivers would do that if he really wants to retire.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

If MM falls, no-brainer you take him. But what I think TT really wants is an O player opposing teams MUST scheme against, cuz right now we don't have that guy in house. Yeah, Gates, but he's declining and can just as easily be taken out of a game by an opposing D as take over a game (and I fear the former is getting more frequent than the latter..). Still one of the best TEs playing, but we need somebody to better set up the O for him. I think it'll be Gordon, and TT will likely move up to get him cuz he'll make everybody on O that much better as opposing D's won't be able to not account for him every play he's out there on. Unless Rivers is dinged up worse than we've been led to believe...then the MM focus makes a whole lot of sense. 2 cents.

Comment

• CTrout
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Maybe Rivers doesn't want to retire. Nobody said he's obligated to stay here.

Seeing his frustration at the end of last year and our total non-participation in adding quality FA's....
                      I dont know if I would blame him for wanting out.

So MM plays his rookie year behind Rivers and next year we move on.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Or we trade our 1st and Rivers to Whisenhunt for the #2.

Comment

• CTrout
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Or we trade our 1st and Rivers to Whisenhunt for the #2.
                          Ha...that would be a 15 million dollar cap savings!

Comment

Working...
                          X