• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I said that because they seem the most connected on twitter last year. No dig intended.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

CFB 24/7's panel of experts give their fearless predictions for the 2015 NFL Draft.

Daniel Jeremiah NFL.com
      D.J. Humphries will beat draft projection
      D.J. Humphries is the best left tackle in the draft. I'm a big fan, and he'll go higher than people think. I don't know if that means he goes in the early 20s or the late teens, but he's a good player. I think he'll be the second offensive lineman to go. He's got great feet, he's just 20 years old, and when he's been healthy he's played at a very high level. And he can actually play left tackle. A lot of these tackles are right tackles, but he can play on the left.

Charles Davis NFL.com
      Expect wide-receiver bonanza in Round 1
      Seven wide receivers go in the first round. Kevin White, Amari Cooper, DeVante Parker, Breshad Perriman, Nelson Agholor, Dorial Green-Beckham, and Devin Smith. Phillip Dorsett is a wildcard, and Jaelen Strong is not out of the mix. I had a GM tell me you have to get to 28 (points) now if you want to win a game in the NFL. That's different than the NFL we grew up with. That said. I think people might make the decision to go offense rather than defense.

Curtis Conway NFL.com
      Dupree will be headed to Bears
      I have Bud Dupree going to Chicago. When I looked at all the other edge rushers, Vic Beasley, Randy Gregory, Shane Ray, all those guys to me are one-trick ponies, and I see Dupree as not one. His assignment was not to go after the passer every play, so you're not going to see the numbers as much. But when I watched him run the way he ran, saw his tape and looked at his size, I think he's more suited to stay on the field every down. The guy that measures up to Dante Fowler physically is Bud Dupree. Fowler plays the game with a little more intensity than Bud, but I think he'll be fine.

Kurt Warner NFL.com
      Petty will follow Winston, Mariota as No. 3 QB
      I think the third quarterback drafted will be Bryce Petty. I think he's just got a lot of talent, upside, good feet, a natural thrower. A good kid, a good release, there are a lot of things to like physically. There are a lot of questions about what he'll become mentally with the system he played in but I think he'll be the third to go.

Chase Goodbread College Football 24/7
      Former MSU teammate will be drafted before McKinney
      How's this for fearless: Mississippi State's Benardrick McKinney, a potential first-round pick, isn't even the first player from his own college to get picked. I'll instead call for former Bulldogs defensive end Preston Smith to get the call before McKinney. While I think McKinney will make the better pro and saw him as undoubtedly the better college player, he plays a devalued position and could find himself tumbling if other inside linebackers such as Denzel Perryman, Stephone Anthony and Eric Kendricks get picked ahead of him. Meanwhile, Smith plays a position that is considered more of a premium, and plenty of NFL scouts view him as a rock-solid second-round talent. They're both gone by the end of round two, just not in the order people expect.

Mike Huguenin College Football 24/7
      Eleven RBs will come off board by Day 2
      I think two running backs go in the top 20, five more go in the second round and four more in the third round. In all, that's 11 running backs in the first three rounds. Georgia's Todd Gurley and Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon (in that order) go in the first round. In the second round (in order), Indiana's Tevin Coleman, Miami's Duke Johnson, Alabama's T.J. Yeldon, Nebraska's Ameer Abdullah and Boise State's Jay Ajayi come off the board. In the third round (again in order), Northern Iowa's David Johnson, Minnesota's David Cobb, South Carolina's Mike Davis and Michigan State's Jeremy Langford are selected. (The last time 11 RBs went in the first three ro
      unds was 2008 - - and Jamaal Charles was the 10th one off the board.)
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Don't wait till round 3 to get your skill player.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

6. Asked by Around The NFL if he has any idea if he will be drafted in the first or second round, University of Central Florida wide receiver Breshad Perriman replied, "Honestly, I don't. I wish."
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Mayock's mock. He has only 4 first Rd WR (I have seen as many as 7) and 8 OL taken in the first Rd (most I have seen by far)

Latest on DB Mike Mayock including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Funny because Mayock just 2 days ago said he thought 7 WRs could go in the 1st. lol That guy flip flops more than anyone.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Funny because Mayock just 2 days ago said he thought 7 WRs could go in the 1st. lol That guy flip flops more than anyone.
                I was thinking the exact same thing....lol.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

So far I have seen 12 differenent Olineman mocked in the first. I have seen 8 or 9 WR. One guy thinks 11 RB by end of the third. Interesting draft for sure.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

La'el Collins is attempting to be pulled from this draft, and be allowed to enter the supplemental draft.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      La'el Collins is attempting to be pulled from this draft, and be allowed to enter the supplemental draft.
                      That would open up the supplemental draft to any guys who get into trouble before the draft. I don't think they will allow it.
                      Poor guy.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

He's screwed, especially if he had nothing to do with the murder. If the NFL doesn't let him go to the supplemental, he'll still be drafted on the third day, but that's a huge drop from the top 15.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          They ranked 12th in the Big 10 in passing. Absolutely brutal. Teams stacked the hell out of the box on him. Watch the film he routinely navigates through 10 man boxes and jukes Safeties. His OL is not that great. Other than Havenstein (5th - 7th) rounder the other 2 draftable starters probably go UDFA. His feet, lateral quickness and acceleration are amazing. What he does to defenders at the 2nd level is hilarious. He consistently breaks tackles in the open field and bounces outside and flies down the sideline. His vision is amazing and yea there were holes for him to run through but its the speed in which he see's them and accelerates through them that blows me away. How many times early in Mathews career did he just run into his own OL? Even when there were holes.

The way he makes it looks likes hes bouncing outside and then hits a seem up the middle reminds me of Bell in Pittsburgh. His fucntional power is what sets him a part and makes him less of a power back but more of a fit in a zone scheme. Gurley is awesome and i love him but like i said he will have to acclimate to the zone. Unless we end up with more power schemes up front. Gordons legs never stop churning. Which makes me think of Lynch a little bit. Routinely makes something out of nothing. Gurley even more so.

The way he sets up his blocks is another trait that most RBs struggle with coming in to the pros. He has the edge there on Gurley. Gurley is more just straight downhill power. Gordons football IQ is also really high. His work ethic is without question. I think he needs to protect the ball better and become a better blocker but hes willing to use his body to get in front of defenders. Gurley dives at knees by the way. I think when i watch Gordon i see a Frankenstein of a few different players. That long stride and gallup of Peterson. The ability to keep moving forward when tackled like lynch. The slithering linear shiftiness of Bell and maybe even some Charles. And to think Wisconsin didnt even use him much on screens. He will be deadly. LT didnt have much to show in the passing game coming out of college either. Gordon looked natural at his pro day.

At the end of the day when you sniff Barry Sanders type production your OL is doing some things well. But on film thats not always the case. And he did all that damage while on a team with a disgusting passing game and opponents putting 10 in the box. He will be a very good NFL RB.

Id love either of the 2. Gurley is only 20 years old. So i put him a little ahead. But hes most likely out half the season. You gotta love a RB that uses his hands at his proday as apposed to his body. He looks very confident using his hands.

Sorry for the long post but in a way you are questioning if i even watched his film.

Look at him just dragging players with him.

Look at these cuts. Insanity at Almost 220 pounds. LT type shit.

Making something out of nothing. Theres a reason why he has the fastest 60Y shuttle in the last 8 years.

BUMP

Comment

Working...
                          X