Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    would be funny if Tenn takes Mariota, then trades him to Phi for their 1st & 2nd this year + Bradford + Ryan Mathews

as much talk as there was about Wiz being the OC who fixed Rivers, Mathews had his best year under Wiz too...
    I am going to be watching the draft with a Titans' fan, so it would be fun to watch his reaction to that trade. A good one for Tennessee, if you ask me.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Just don't get Bradford as trade bait. Might as well throw in a shiny marble.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        what's not to get? He's a former 1st round QB (touted as "Franchise" in his draft class) who performs well when given OL protection and isn't out with 1 of his injuries. Nobody is holding him up as THE KEY to any big deal, but rather a "sweetener" along with high draft picks as the main bait. If you have a young or unproven QB, then Bradford could surely provide competition at the spot and some veteran stability for a guy like Wiz. ACLs are not the end of careers like they used to be and lots of good past QBs had bad knees like Johnny Unitis and Joe Namath before medical procedures could fix them like now. Protecting Bradford would be the key wherever he plays.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Hey we're talking about Chip Kelly here, offer next years 7th rounder and a shiny marble and see what you get....
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

ESPN: Browns offer Titans two first-round picks for No. 2 overall selection to draft QB Marcus Mariota

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Steve, I guess any QB who can only perform well (or has paper projection to perform well) with a max protect scheme is a liability in today's NFL. Or at least not a guy you build your franchise around (hence throwing him in as a sweetener..). And why TT would even consider such a downgrade at the most important position strikes me as, well, fantasy (like I think all these rumors are).

If we trade Rivers, I'll eat bonehead's hat.

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                ESPN: Browns offer Titans two first-round picks for No. 2 overall selection to draft QB Marcus Mariota
                so Rivers and 17 for Mettenberger and the 2nd pick. Flip that 2nd pick to Cleveland for 12, 19 and Terrance West. =)

Comment

• Sec-E4
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2014
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  would be funny if Tenn takes Mariota, then trades him to Phi for their 1st & 2nd this year + Bradford + Ryan Mathews

as much talk as there was about Wiz being the OC who fixed Rivers, Mathews had his best year under Wiz too...
                  Wiz had nothing to do with Mathews good season...Wiz pounded Mathews into the ground towards the end of the season and he ended up being hurt for the play offs..Sticking to his Forte.

I don't think the Titans are stressing about their runnng game..They have Bishop Shankey which had almost indentical #'s compared to Bo Oliver. Plus they have Shonn Grenne, Leon Washngton and another dude.They also use Dexter Mc for some tricky plays. Their problem is their QB, OL & WR .

A trade is possible but I doubt Wizzy wants any to do with Mathews....That'd be risky taking 2 players in Sam & Ryan who have been injury prone their whole careers

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Yeah i always like the Whiz fixed Rivers crap

All Norv had to do was not call plays with 7 step drops and throw shorter passes with that OL to give Rivers time and he would of had better results. Norv couldnt adapt. Hardly ever saw a quick slant with Norv.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Who's got the mojo to start the draft day 1 thread?
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Fleet has put so much work into the draft thread, he should have the honor.

Beerman or OIP should start the Twit Spoiler thread...
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                          Fleet has put so much work into the draft thread, he should have the honor.

Beerman or OIP should start the Twit Spoiler thread...
                          I can go with that, especially since he likes rebuilding the offense in this draft.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X