Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Hell yes at 7?...I would be too.

I have seen Love mocked very high in the second round, but I do not see us spending that draft capitol on a fixer upper that needs time. I would rather draft Eason than Love if we had to draft a QB.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Herbert may be better than we think. He does have a very strong arm. His WR group let him down often - butterfingers. He played on a run oriented team so seldom got to throw often enough to get in a rhythm.

However - take the best OT.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
          No mention of Jacob Eason ? Probably has some of the best pure arm talent of all the qbs including burrow
          He's better than Herbert in my opinion. Can throw on the run, but is more of the classic pocket passer.

Those types of qbs are out of favor at this moment. Ordinarily, those qbs go high...but this year might be an exception. I wouldn't have the balls to choose him at #7 (or so); but I'd trade back into the 1rst round (after pick #20) to get him if available.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            Herbert may be better than we think. He does have a very strong arm. His WR group let him down often - butterfingers. He played on a run oriented team so seldom got to throw often enough to get in a rhythm.

Herbert has the 18th most pass attempts in college football this season averaging 34 passes per game (408 total)
            Oregons RBs had 419 carries and Herbert himself had 49 for 21 yards.
            The other QB Shough had 15 attempts(for 423 total attempts)and he had 2 carries so id say the pass to rush ratio was close to even.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He's better than Herbert in my opinion. Can throw on the run, but is more of the classic pocket passer.

Those types of qbs are out of favor at this moment. Ordinarily, those qbs go high...but this year might be an exception. I wouldn't have the balls to choose him at #7 (or so); but I'd trade back into the 1rst round (after pick #20) to get him if available.
              Maybe in here but not in the NFL.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Herbert has the 18th most pass attempts in college football this season averaging 34 passes per game (408 total)
                Oregons RBs had 419 carries and Herbert himself had 49 for 21 yards.
                The other QB Shough had 15 attempts(for 423 total attempts)and he had 2 carries so id say the pass to rush ratio was close to even.
                Something is askew with those numbers - Herbert has a lot more than 21 yards rushing - I saw him get that much in just one run a time or two. I still say it's hard to get it in rhythm when you don't get your throws consecutively.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not advocating we take him or any other QB. It's our chance to get a really good OT. We've passed up on way to many of them over the years - it's time to fix it. Rivers just said he wants to play more, so get the darn OL fixed, pick up a decent #3 WR and give it another shot next year.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Okay, here's your Justin Herbert mock--need to take him in round 1, because doubt he lasts to round 2. It might work, IF Jackson works out at OT, and C-Berry at G. I still like Moss as our big bruising RB in round 4.

image.png

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If we could get Eason at the end of the second or early in the 3rd, take him. He'll be a 3rd round gem.

He will be every bit as good as Tua or Burrow.

To those that want to trade away our first and third in 2020 and 2021 for burrow thank God they don't run the team !

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Something is askew with those numbers - Herbert has a lot more than 21 yards rushing - I saw him get that much in just one run a time or two. I still say it's hard to get it in rhythm when you don't get your throws consecutively.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not advocating we take him or any other QB. It's our chance to get a really good OT. We've passed up on way to many of them over the years - it's time to fix it. Rivers just said he wants to play more, so get the darn OL fixed, pick up a decent #3 WR and give it another shot next year.
                      I think in college football if you get sacked it takes that yardage from your rushing total.

I'd say 34 passes a game is a lot. That is 544 over 16 games in the NFL.
                      Brees once threw only 400 passes in a season for us with Marty as HC.

I have huge doubts we go OT in the first round.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

So who does everyone feel is the better Q.B. Herbert or Eason?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I havent seen enough of Eason to say.

Comment

Working...
                          X