• powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

My signature says it all
    assuming medical checks out of course
    Best qb prospect I’ve seen in a while
    yeah, go with tua (if he checks out); and what i mean by checks out is a thorough evaluation of his projected health down the road.

Top AFC teams have Brady, Mahomes, Watson & Jackson.
    You don't get a lot of shots to get a franchise type qb: build around your franchise qb.

Would you rather have Russell Wilson or Bobby Wagner? Easy decision.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Something I’m always factoring into draft decisions is the message we send our current superstars, namely Bosa and James.
      by not having a legitimate heir at QB, we’re essentially telling these guys that a year in their prime is purposely being sacrificed to hopefully land a Trevor Lawrence of Justin fields in 2021. If I’m Bosa and am planning my second contract negotiations, I feel a lot better about staying if there’s a Tua or even Herbert there while I’m chasing down Patrick Mahomes twice a year.
      Hell, if we draft Tua AND get a chance at Trevor, fuck it, draft him too! QBs generally retain their value.
      if we weren’t in this horrible situation with the stadium and having virtually no fans, I wouldn’t mind skipping QB and rolling with Tyrod and Stick while we build a line and defense.
      but why on earth would Bosa or James want to remain here?
      maybe waiting until 2021 isn’t too late, but there’s no good reason to take that chance. Draft Tua and give our guys something to believe in. While gaining the interest of 90% of college football fans.
      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Only downside to drafting Simmons, the current coaching staff will likely fatten him up too much and there goes his speed ala White.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Gotta say wouldnt mind grabbin Simmons in the first.Bosa,Derwin,and Simmons?If your D cant dominate with those beasts your coordinator should be exiled from football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
            Gotta say wouldnt mind grabbin Simmons in the first.Bosa,Derwin,and Simmons?If your D cant dominate with those beasts your coordinator should be exiled from football.
            Simmons would have been useless when the Raider Oline was resetting the line of scrimmage routinely in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Well of course I want more talent on the D line too.You think Brown would he a better pick than Simmons?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Derrick Brown?
                Fix the Oline...:biggrin:
                Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

yeah, go with tua (if he checks out); and what i mean by checks out is a thorough evaluation of his projected health down the road.

Top AFC teams have Brady, Mahomes, Watson & Jackson.
                  You don't get a lot of shots to get a franchise type qb: build around your franchise qb.

Would you rather have Russell Wilson or Bobby Wagner? Easy decision.
                  Oh, you like my Tua idea ? j/k.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Okay. Tell me one who started at 218 lbs coming out of college, and regained his speed 15-20 lbs heavier.
                    I am not doing that kinda research...life is too short. I can tell you I did...because some of the muscle I put on in my early 20s was exactly the kind that made me faster...lots and lots of plyometrics!!
                    Of course it is possible. Are you going to tell me that teams don't add NFL muscle to these guys when they come out? Or that when they do, they always get slower?
                    Look...go ahead and put Kyzir back at 218, and he becomes a situational guy or special teamer...won't hold up as a backer...thats why they put the muscle on him.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I am not doing that kinda research...life is too short. I can tell you I did...because some of the muscle I put on in my early 20s was exactly the kind that made me faster...lots and lots of plyometrics!!
                      Of course it is possible. Are you going to tell me that teams don't add NFL muscle to these guys when they come out? Or that when they do, they always get slower?
                      Look...go ahead and put Kyzir back at 218, and he becomes a situational guy or special teamer...won't hold up as a backer...thats why they put the muscle on him.
                      He’s just a guy right now. Nothing special. Looked promising in his 3 games last season but none of that carried over. I don’t know if it’s the weight or the stellar coaching. Chargers seem to be like a lot of people who get into relationships expecting the other person to change. That never works out either.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Stellar coaching for the win.
                        We play a soft zone coverage type of defense.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Oh, you like my Tua idea ? j/k.
                          The go with a guy who can evade 300 pound heat seeking missiles, because you are incapable of putting together an Oline idea?

Comment

Working...
                          X