image.png

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-their-tackle/

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...first two days should be: O-line, IDL, CB, and maybe a QB if he's clearly an upgrade over Stick...
      well, considering the annual proclamation of us (this time 'round) going Oline/CB, would say 'tis fairly certain we go OT, CB w/2 of first 3 selections, and given that Mebane is under contract, would they really stick w/him for another season, 'specially @that rate ?? if so, and if D. Brown is off the board, gotta think QB is high on the list.... how many years in a row do you do your due diligence, and then still think there's gonna be that guy next time 'round ?? sooner or later you're gonna have to take the plunge.

guessing that the first pick will be a LT, as the rest of the line has been drafted.... LG Lamp, OC Qbear, RG Feeney, RT Pip.... not sure Scott makes the cut next year, and suspect that Sam might be on the bubble ?? and really hope we hedge all bets on the line, w/FA OTs and an OG on top of that (Whitworth, Conklin, Quinton Spain, and/or.... ?)

would also be mighty curious as to the outcome for if and when Derrick Brown might still be on the board, and similar to Star Lotulelei when we went in lieu of him in favor of Fluker.... what's our FO goona do re: OT or NT (the second time 'round) ??

and plenty of depth @CB to pick one up day two, albeit gotta believe that there is gonna be a near imperative to give QB very heavy consideration, and me thinx it's a near lock, for if and when Jalen Hurts is on the board, as there are several considerations here.... namely that Tua, Herbert and Eason all have substantial risk associated w/them, not to mention don't think any of 'em would be choice A1 for AL.... the biggest knock on Hurts is that he's a dual threat/running QB, which to date has been as aspect that carries an eventuality of an injury probability pretty much ending said QBs NFL career.

that said, there are several compelling reasons to make Hurts our LAC QB of choice.... namely that he has got to be @the top of AL's wish list @QB, not to mention that for if and when Philip might in theory go down next season, and for whatever reason, not sure you're gonna excite your new Hollywood Park fan base w/the insertion of Tyrod, and whereas if you know you have Hurts in the wings, gonna prolly create some (needed) excitement within your fan base, as his college production is phenomenal.

would also volunteer that he can handle LA, and think he fits in pretty darn well w/the City, not to mention think he fits in fairly well as a Charger ??

his intangibles are pretty much without question, as the only question is will his game/health translate to the NFL ?? @this point eye think the fan base clock has pretty much run out on the Chargers' brass.... if you keep AL 'n PR, which eye tend to suspect they will, then coach is gonna be much more tolerant of retaining/working w/PR knowing that his future potential franchise QB is on the roster, and not just in the rumination stage, and.... it would obviously be better to have him on the roster and to gain a year of tutelage under Rivers & Co. before putting him out there, vs. drafting someone and having them navigate the post Rivers turnover cold turkey.

the other item for consideration, biz wise, would be the what if Jalen beats out Tyrod for the proverbial roster spot/No. 2 QB, which could well save the club quite a bit in cap space, and allow for the addition of even another valuable talent @another position, 'stead of tying up the $7.25m w/Taylor.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Absolutely no interest in WR the first two days...Williams, Allen, Henry, Ekelor...we have weapons...a late round speedster or two to develop, maybe a free agent...but our first three picks are needed elsewhere in my opinion. It would have to be a hell of a value, and a special player, to change my mind.
        Our scoring offense is way down, and
        the NFL is a scoring league...see SF, BAL, KC, NO.

Henry Ruggs, CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, D'Andre Swift are on my radar @ ~ #9. Add TE, Justin Jefferson, Travis Etienne @ ~ #41 IMHO.

Deep, well designed, well constructed defenses are capable of shutting down teams like us, those with not as much weaponry as the teams mentioned.
        Last edited by wu-dai clan; 12-21-2019, 02:43 AM.
        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Our scoring offense is way down, and
          the NFL is a scoring league...see SF, BAL, KC, NO.

Henry Ruggs, CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, D'Andre Swift are on my radar @ ~ #9. Add TE, Justin Jefferson, Travis Etienne @ ~ #41 IMHO.

Deep, well designed, well constructed defenses are capable of shutting down teams like us, those with not as much weaponry as the teams mentioned.
          I think a RB in the first round would be a terrible decision. This year especially with the big possibility of needing a QB and the OT issue.
          Even if Rivers resigns for a year RB is a bad decision.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think a RB in the first round would be a terrible decision. This year especially with the big possibility of needing a QB and the OT issue.
            Even if Rivers resigns for a year RB is a bad decision.
            Swift + Ekeler.
            OR
            KA + MW + Ruggs.

That gives us speed, talent and 6 rounds + FA to address needs.

All I am saying so far is that talent, impact must be considered @ ~ #9 overall
            as well as PON.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Swift + Ekeler.
              OR
              KA + MW + Ruggs.

as well as PON.
              Still a bad choice. Too many low round RBs that have been doing well......Ekeler included in that statement along with Jackson.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Still a bad choice. Too many low round RBs that have been doing well......Ekeler included in that statement along with Jackson.
                What do you think of Kellen Mond as a round 7 pick ? (developmental, uber athletic arm talent from Texas A&M.)

BTW, I am now questioning Justin Jackson re durability.

This early, I have no problem considering all options.

And there's always what will TT do ?

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Swift + Ekeler.
                  OR
                  KA + MW + Ruggs.

as well as PON.
                  I'd still rather go O-line in round 1, if one of the top tier OT's is there...might possibly look at QB also...good RB's can be had in the mid to late rounds...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd still rather go O-line in round 1, if one of the top tier OT's is there...might possibly look at QB also...good RB's can be had in the mid to late rounds...
                    The rest of you have narratives, agendas going. No rock has been unturned re Oline, the trenches. PON centric.

I am hunting talent here. BPA. Expand your thinking. There sits Henry Ruggs III (comp = Tyreek) @ #9 rating. Look at D'Andre Swift (comp = Kamara) @ #15 overall.

DO YOU FUCKING STUBBORN DINGBATS EVEN REALIZE HOW FAST THESE TWO MEN ARE ?

It does not matter when we draft PON, only that we eventually address our weaknesses.

Of course a great trencher or two is under consideration for early clustas.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

If they continually get stuffed behind this panty waste line then who gives a shit what their forty time is lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Kamara was a 3rd round pick is my point.

Kenyan Drake another 3rd round pick I mentioned picking up that we could have got cheaper in a trade and is very fast, cheaper than Melvin to resign. David Johnson will most likely be traded away now in the off-season.

Just saying. Other examples out there.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

He look great last year at WIL.
                          This season GusD had him at Mike early and now he plays Otto.
                          Think he is confused and it has fucked up his natural instincts and information processing.
                          Year 2 after a knee injury is when play resumes upward fairly often.
                          Justin Jones lost a lot of weight to be the 3 tech; Rayshawn Jenkins lost a lot of weight to play free safety; Nwosu plays more Leo than anything - not what he was expressly drafted for; Thomas Davis played a different role than what he was accustomed to in Carolina - he struggled to pick up things.....lots of shuffling around and new identities. None of these guys has really suceeded.

If an ancient vet like Thomas Davis struggles to pick up things, and you run a defense that doesn't really confuse anybody - than you are doing something fucking wrong as a DC.

Comment

Working...
                          X