• Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    6. Los Angeles Chargers
    Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

Scouting report is Herbert isn't an alpha. When the chips are down and you huddle up, everybody looks to the QB for leadership. Sorry, Herbert isn't my guy. I'm keeping my powder dry for the right alpha dog Franchise QB to come along.
    Hate to say it but.....Eli was no Alpha dog either.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

That isn't the problem with Hebert....

Hebert has a canon for an arm But throws almost every pass like a straight bullet pass in madden football..... when Hebert has a wide open receiver, he still throws a bullet instead of throwing a touch pass that allows receiver to adjust to the ball...... either he hits them with a strike or misses them badly..... bullet passes are needed for some plays against certain coverages, but when defense play zone, Hebert will have to loft the ball over defenders into soft spots in zone....... he did not do that in his bowl games or senior bowl...... and played primarily against bad defenses.... and almost all his completions were to open first reads...... he was horrible when first reads were covered.....

There are reasons why a QB with such awesome physical abilities as Hebert is not the number one player in draft? Paxon Lynch had those kind of skills, so did Mariotta, Klingler, drunkenmiller, and so many other failures ...
      There are a lot of people that don't agree with the lack of touch perception:

Herbert, who has a reputation as a quiet person, made a more noticeable effort this week to lead and connect with his teammates. He also connected with his receivers and tight ends on the practice field while showing off his arm strength and touch.

Working on the South roster, Herbert formed a connection with Florida receiver Van Jefferson, and the two were unstoppable in the passing game. Herbert’s ability to win down the field with strength was matched with his touch on underneath routes. His work in the first series of the game showed that his impressive week wasn’t restricted to just practice, and he was named the MVP of the 2020 Senior Bowl as a result.
      Herbert has a lot of tools that will have scouts drooling throughout the week. He has excellent arm strength, can make great throws on the move, and has enough athleticism to tuck it and run when he needs to. Herbert has improved with his accuracy on touch passes, and he’s gotten more comfortable resetting his feet while out of the pocket.
      Herbert displays good size and a strong arm with the ability to make all the throws. He can fire passes into tight coverage and push the ball downfield with the strength of his arm. On top of power, Herbert shows a nice ability to loft in touch passes and throw receivers open. He can drop in passes with nice ball placement that leads his receivers and beats quality coverage with the location of his passes. Given his height and size, Herbert can comfortably stand tall in the pocket and demonstrate the patience to let routes develop.
      He has a very nice deep ball that he unleashes a few times per game. Herbert has good arm strength, but he also has good touch and anticipation to make throws way down the field. Even if the throws don’t result in a big completion, his throws are on target enough to draw pass interference a lot of times.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Here is what will happen. The Bolts have a vacancy at QB coach. They are waiting to see if they land Herbert. If they can get him they end up bringing in Marcus Orroyo. His QB coach and assistant head coach/OC at Oregon. He takes over as the OC and grooms Herbert. He knows his strengths and weaknesses. And that O in Oregon is fairly extensive. I think we end up going with a similar O anyways.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Wonder if Miami takes him.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Here is what will happen. The Bolts have a vacancy at QB coach. They are waiting to see if they land Herbert. If they can get him they end up bringing in Marcus Orroyo. His QB coach and assistant head coach/OC at Oregon. He takes over as the OC and grooms Herbert. He knows his strengths and weaknesses. And that O in Oregon is fairly extensive. I think we end up going with a similar O anyways.
            I don’t know if that would be a good thing.
            I’ve read some say that it was his offensive scheme at Oregon that wasn’t a match for his skill set.
            Darius "4.36" Davis
            top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• alex8080
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Unfortunately minus that online. They were stacked

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Wonder if Miami takes him.
                It's starting to look like Herbert will go top 5, if certain GMs think there is a distinct drop off after Burrow, tua, Herbert.

The Giants have the key spot: Jacksonville, Carolina,... Indy, Las Vegas(yuck!) , and a few others will try jumping over the Chargers.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Honestly think any rumor about us and Herbert is just early liars month. We will go D at 6 if Tua is gone.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It's starting to look like Herbert will go top 5, if certain GMs think there is a distinct drop off after Burrow, tua, Herbert.

The Giants have the key spot: Jacksonville, Carolina,... Indy, Las Vegas(yuck!) , and a few others will try jumping over the Chargers.
                    The vibe I get from reading Mayock speak about things in the Vegas paper, I don't think they go QB. Surely not trading up to get one.

He listed his needs as LB and IDL and WR being the biggest followed by LB.
                    Did say if they have an opportunity to get better anywhere, they will but he did say good things about Carr being in Gruden offense which he said was difficult to learn and demanding of a QB and cited Carrs 70% completion rate in it.

Yes I know, whats he gonna say but the vibe I get is QB isn't a priority. But can see them getting better at the backup possition.
                    Their backups stink.
                    Kizer, Glennon, Peterman.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hate to say it but.....Eli was no Alpha dog either.
                      Uh, on the other hand, Eli DID win two super bowls...just sayin'...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Interesting theory there, Fleet. Maybe we should start up the DRAFT PREDICTION THREAD and award a prize to the winner...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Uh, on the other hand, Eli DID win two super bowls...just sayin'...
                          What I was saying. Eli was criticized plenty for having a ho hum, emotionless demeaner.

I'm less concerned about that of Herbert than his play that I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                          X