• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

It just gives teams another reason to pass on him. I did not know of that score, pretty sure teams did (a lot sooner than us).
    If Tua drops they will say because of the injury and the wonderlic IMO.

Chargers may end up with Love...

Having said all this; I sure hope Simmons is on board at #6 and that would make our choice a lot easier; just pick him and have 2 type of Derwin James flying around making plays.
    Ive never heard someone say that a player dropped because if their wonderlic score.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

So just what was the wonderlic score for the 2019 NFL MVP ?

:shifty:
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        So just what was the wonderlic score for the 2019 NFL MVP ?

:shifty:
        13. Same as Tua.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Is Jordan Love going to be the Daniel Jones of this draft. . . Cin = Joe Phins = Herbert Chargers = Jordan Love.... Tua falls?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I know it's liars month but the Dolphins are said to be most interested in Tua. Could go either way I guess.

Comment

• rikardo
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
              Is Jordan Love going to be the Daniel Jones of this draft. . . Cin = Joe Phins = Herbert Chargers = Jordan Love.... Tua falls?
              Id be ok in a Trade down scenario.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

Id be ok in a Trade down scenario.
                The bottom line according to Lynn is whoever it is he's sitting a year, so Jordan Love could make sense since some say he has the biggest potential upside.... And a Jordan Love Vs. Mahomes could develop into something.... But using this Logic Tua could sit a year here too. Maybe Tua on the Chargers is the best option for him because if he gets drafted by the dolphins they'll be screaming for him to start day 1

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

The bottom line according to Lynn is whoever it is he's sitting a year, so Jordan Love could make sense since some say he has the biggest potential upside.... And a Jordan Love Vs. Mahomes could develop into something.... But using this Logic Tua could sit a year here too. Maybe Tua on the Chargers is the best option for him because if he gets drafted by the dolphins they'll be screaming for him to start day 1
                  Love will never be able to carry Mahomes jock

Comment

• BlackMamba
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    I keep thinking back to the old saying "Availability is the best ability." So Tua scares me. And his wonderlich scares me too. Why would his agent even allow him to take the test?

But Herbert scares me too.

I can't decide whether it is best to take a qb or not. And I always have an opinion in the draft.

TT has a tough choice coming up, tougher than at any other time in his tenure as GM.
                    From everything I've watched and read, and I'm no draftnik who could even pretend that I understand how to evaluate based on game film, the one thing about Herbert is that he is viewed as somewhat of a "safe" pick. You surround him with as much talent as we have, you may just get a Ryan Tannehill situation where he's good enough in a game manager type of role to make us a playoff team. Can he elevate us to a Super Bowl team, though? Most of the expert don't believe so. The physical talent is undeniable, but without the underlying ability, you have to keep things simple for him, give him an elite support system, and don't expect him to carry the team. But doesn't Tyrod already give us a slightly lesser version of what the likely outcome of Herbert is in his prime? And Tyrod has already shown to be capable of starting for a playoff team. So that doesn't exactly seem to be a great value when you're picking 6th...basically he's not so much a risk, as he is just another guy at QB who probably won't move the needle too much.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

If Hebert gets drafted very high, it is because NFL teams see him and he is the prototype in terms of passing the eyeball test.

His production on the field..... not so much.

Some of his issues are the kinds of things that almost all rookie QB have to fix and improve on, and most do, so there is every reason to think that he can. Some of his other things, I am not so sure about.

One thing he needs to do is really improve his footwork, because his body is not in position to the throw on time, and it really hurts his accuracy. I know teams don't ask QB to spend much time under center any more, but that unlike just about every spread coaching (idiot) say, footwork gets the rest of the body in position to make the throw, so it is incredibly important. Hebert has to get better before he can be expected to enjoy success on the field.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlackMamba View Post

From everything I've watched and read, and I'm no draftnik who could even pretend that I understand how to evaluate based on game film, the one thing about Herbert is that he is viewed as somewhat of a "safe" pick. You surround him with as much talent as we have, you may just get a Ryan Tannehill situation where he's good enough in a game manager type of role to make us a playoff team. Can he elevate us to a Super Bowl team, though? Most of the expert don't believe so. The physical talent is undeniable, but without the underlying ability, you have to keep things simple for him, give him an elite support system, and don't expect him to carry the team. But doesn't Tyrod already give us a slightly lesser version of what the likely outcome of Herbert is in his prime? And Tyrod has already shown to be capable of starting for a playoff team. So that doesn't exactly seem to be a great value when you're picking 6th...basically he's not so much a risk, as he is just another guy at QB who probably won't move the needle too much.
                        Herbert has a much higher ceiling than Taylor does.

Comment

• BlackMamba
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Herbert has a much higher ceiling than Taylor does.
                          I agree. But there's a vast difference between his ceiling and his expected outcome. He would have to improve A LOT to reach his ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X