• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Ian Rappaport says "A GM told him this is the worst time in 10 years that the media hasnt been more wrong about mock drafts. There will be players going in the first round that nobody is talking about"
    Calling NInja!

I really like Eason. Its crickets when you bring up his name.

Starting in the A's: Aiyuk and perhaps Akers?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Calling NInja!

I keep forgetting about Eason, lol....but probably because i dont think he or Fromm are the types Lynn is looking for but i like his potentual.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

No sir...watched him play a lot...his deep ball is nothing special in this class, but everything else in his game is sharp, as are the intangibles. Kid really is a marvel. There is a reason Saban, who loved Jalen Hurts, had the balls to bench him in the championship for a true freshman...kid just has it. Too bad about the risky physique, though...
        His pocket presence, release and accuracy are first rate. He throws a lot of 35 yard bombs: does he have enough zip on throws to be special?
        He reminds me of a more mobile Ken Stabler.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

speaking for myself, eye thought just that re: Blake Bortles and how (in the world) did the Rams pass on him @2 ??

this "franchise generational" potentiate of Tua is again.... just plain and simple not a shared opinion.... some people pretty much devote their lives to this draft thing, and.... have a lot of experience and do pointed research, backed up by years of draft research and experience, and.... are not overly certain of Tua's success in the NFL ??

just don't get how the Tua contingent is so willing and ready to throw out his injury history, and not convinced that contingent is ok if he disappoints.... which is a real possibility.
          I’ll speak for myself in saying nothing is thrown out.
          risk is factored in as it is with every prospect
          I completely respect the counter opinion, which is that the risk is too great at 6 overall.
          imho, the risk is justified, time is right.
          Imo, QB1 is not only the most important position in football it’s also our biggest need.
          combine that with the fact that there is no sure thing, not even Simmons.
          combine with the trend of baby caressing we do and will continue to do with NFL qbs
          it all adds up to a calculated risk.
          This season might be the most unique season in a long time. NFL is the only show scheduled to go on time, providing them the opportunity to widen the gap they already have on the NBA and MLB.
          couple that with the fact that we might be on hardknocks!
          opportunity is aligning itself and while I would describe Telesco’s moves since the relocation rather conservative, I think they all (Spanos and front office) realize the time to strike it big is now, and nothing is bigger than winning the Tua risk.
          I feel even more confidence about that knowing that we attempted to sign tom pinchi brady!
          it may not work out of course, and I certainly won’t die of shock if Tua spends his career on IR
          but this is how you go all in on LA and the NFL
          patriots dynasty is likely over, a team in our division wants to be the next, we have to go all in at some point.

Unfortunately for a lot here, draft day 1 is all operation Tua at all cost, imo
          and Telesco knows it.
          day 2 will be “operation keep tua healthy” with a weapon and a protector”
          day 3 will be depth and special teams, or rather, special teams and depth.
          Darius "4.36" Davis
          top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Calling NInja!

have had Eason to Tampa Bay round one for awhile now, and.... think Minny should take him @22, as won't be surprised if Fromm doesn't get past Belichick @23 ??

KJ Hamler could surprise some peoples, as speedy wideouts have been overdrafted before come round one, and....

don't like Austin Jackson, and.... dude could hear his name called, and.... Marlon Davidson ??

ps. what if Miami passes on the both of Herbert and Tua.... Hurts @26 ??

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If the draft charts are followed, our 1st and 3rd round picks are worth 1835 points and the Giants 1st and 5th picks are worth 1830.2 points (perhaps swapping 6th round picks to make up the few points). Do not want to give up the 71st pick in the draft to move up 2 spots.
                If i wanted to take a chance on Tua, i'd dangle a 4rth - but no higher.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I’ll speak for myself in saying nothing is thrown out.
                  risk is factored in as it is with every prospect
                  I completely respect the counter opinion, which is that the risk is too great at 6 overall.
                  imho, the risk is justified, time is right.
                  Imo, QB1 is not only the most important position in football it’s also our biggest need.
                  combine that with the fact that there is no sure thing, not even Simmons.
                  combine with the trend of baby caressing we do and will continue to do with NFL qbs
                  it all adds up to a calculated risk.
                  This season might be the most unique season in a long time. NFL is the only show scheduled to go on time, providing them the opportunity to widen the gap they already have on the NBA and MLB.
                  couple that with the fact that we might be on hardknocks!
                  opportunity is aligning itself and while I would describe Telesco’s moves since the relocation rather conservative, I think they all (Spanos and front office) realize the time to strike it big is now, and nothing is bigger than winning the Tua risk.
                  I feel even more confidence about that knowing that we attempted to sign tom pinchi brady!
                  it may not work out of course, and I certainly won’t die of shock if Tua spends his career on IR
                  but this is how you go all in on LA and the NFL
                  patriots dynasty is likely over, a team in our division wants to be the next, we have to go all in at some point.

Unfortunately for a lot here, draft day 1 is all operation Tua at all cost, imo
                  and Telesco knows it.
                  day 2 will be “operation keep tua healthy” with a weapon and a protector”
                  day 3 will be depth and special teams, or rather, special teams and depth.
                  Then why not just go all in for Burrow? Miami could jump ahead of us to #3 for Tua.If we need to go to #3...may as well try to go to #1.

Not my ideal situation but if you say we need to go all in ............I like Burrow better and Cinci can be bought. They need too much else.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

For those that care about wonderlics......Tua's 13 scare any of ya?

Im not a wonderlic believer. Marino had a 16, Rivers i believe got a 30. Expected Herbert to be higher for a 4.0 student. But oh well. The wonderlic has nothing to do with football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Tua's score is borderline don't draft for a qb.

I'm waiting for the Marino/Montana didn't have any brain cells argument.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Then why not just go all in for Burrow? Miami could jump ahead of us to #3 for Tua.If we need to go to #3...may as well try to go to #1.

Not my ideal situation but if you say we need to go all in ............I like Burrow better and Cinci can be bought. They need too much else.
                        No doubt that is on the Table if feasible
                        Darius "4.36" Davis
                        top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• rikardo
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

For those that care about wonderlics......Tua's 13 scare any of ya?

Im not a wonderlic believer. Marino had a 16, Rivers i believe got a 30. Expected Herbert to be higher for a 4.0 student. But oh well. The wonderlic has nothing to do with football.
                          It does. I do care about that

Thats the same 13 score as Lamar Jackson yikes...

Comment

Working...
                          X