1 LB
    2-3 QBs
    It doesn't leave much room for WRs !

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

you guys real eyes/recall that Ron drafted back 2 back DTs, and Kuechly as well.... do you think he's eyeing the either of Isaiah or Brown ??

he doesn't need a DT and his depth @DE isn't too shabby either, albeit his LB corps could use an infusion of talent.... Simmons @2 ??

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Kinlaw, a #2 EDGE prospect; Chaisson for me, and not only 2 but 3 OT/OL prospects are top 10 possibilities.
        Love the draft and how different teams have different evaluations.
        #4 Giants: RT Wills
        #6 Chargers: LT Thomas
        #8 Cardinals: RT Wirfs
        #10 Browns: LT Becton

#15/16 Broncos/Falcons RT Josh Jones
        #18 Dolphins: RT Austin Jackson

Jones and Jackson are RT-only in my estimation. And I have them as 2nd round prospects. But bad teams are desperate for OT help and will overdraft in mid/late 1st round. In the 2nd round, you'll have a bunch of 3rd round OT's...

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          you guys real eyes/recall that Ron drafted back 2 back DTs, and Kuechly as well.... do you think he's eyeing the either of Isaiah or Brown ??

he doesn't need a DT and his depth @DE isn't too shabby either, albeit his LB corps could use an infusion of talent.... Simmons @2 ??
          If Bruce Allen is still the GM at Washington, Ron will have no say lol. Bruce Allen sucks and thought they finally got rid of him but still seeing he is the GM.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

After we draft Isaiah Simmons @#6, OT is still a major priority for me and I hope the team.

Niang, Cleveland, Peart, Wilson, Wanogho, Jackson, Heck, Norman, Durant, Adams, Taylor are guys that have talent who (after Balthazar, Ezra, Mathew, Isaiah, & Charlie) have little/no chance of starting year 1.
            given that over the course of the draft, that the bust rate for OL is prolly seventysomething percent.... how many of those guys do you think are gonna pan out ??

ditto for your 40 WRs w/draftable grades ??

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I think there will be more trading. With the limited facetime, private workouts, etc some teams will be looking to get guys they have few ? about.
              Hopefully, we can be recipients of more draft capital with a couple of smart trade downs.
              curious which rounds you have in mind, as recall doing a look see over the course/history of team TommyJohn, and they pretty much drafted according to draft slot, i.e. the farther down the board they were slotted, the less likely they were gonna pull a rabbit outta their hat.

personally really don't want them to budge for the first two rounds, and hoping/thinking that there might be a Keenan Allenesque gem (@CB ?) sitting there for us in the third ??

do you have more confidence in young TommyJohn, or.... (just channeling some inner Ninja for 'em) ??

Comment

• rikardo
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by boltfanseattle View Post
                If tua drops to 6, and Giants take an OT, we have the choice between:

Tua and Simmons

Who do you take???
                Flip a coin
                IMO you cant go wrong with either.
                Maybe Simmons because he is healthy

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

I think there will be more trading. With the limited facetime, private workouts, etc some teams will be looking to get guys they have few ? about.
                  Hopefully, we can be recipients of more draft capital with a couple of smart trade downs.
                  100%...3rd and 4th round picks are gonna be flying around...some teams have faith in their scouting departments, and will reap the benefits...and like you said, other teams will trade away those picks to move up for the surefire prospects...especially if they feel good about their roster depth.

How are they gonna do this? It's called conference call, folks. It's not like TT is gonna be working with 1 laptop and an I phone....
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Kinlaw, a #2 EDGE prospect; Chaisson for me, and not only 2 but 3 OT/OL prospects are top 10 possibilities.
                    Love the draft and how different teams have different evaluations.
                    I do think some of the safer and more likely to have solid careers for many years are probably the o-line like Thomas & Wirfs. The risky picks are the QBs.
                    But it happens QBs rise, speedster rise, the gms love bringing in a new shiny weapon and safe boring lineman fall.

my top 10
                    3 OL Thomas, Wirfs & Wills
                    1 QB Burrow
                    2 WR Jeudy, Lamb
                    1 CB Okudah
                    1 LB Simmons
                    2 DL Young & Brown

But im thinking about how the NFL typically drafts.
                    Over rate QB and speed players which is why T.Ginn who had a pretty decent career was over drafted or blake bortles over drafted. Or Ross to Bengals.
                    you know Ruggs moved up after his combine.
                    And maybe a very worthy player like Epenesa falls because of combine. But he should not fall at all.

Seems like a deep draft for lineman. It could be a great move to trade back and try to get extra 1st or 2nd rd picks.

If they could move back to 9 with Jax and get a 2nd rd pick. Then move back again with Miami to 18 and get another 2nd.

It could backfire not getting a top 10 player.
                    But they would have three early 2nd rd picks.
                    Could do a lot of damage with these 4 picks.

And could maybe jump back up into rd 1.
                    37 & 71 & 220 to Pats for 23.

Then you have these 4 picks to do damage early.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

My top 10 has 3 QBs, 3 OTs, DE, CB, LB, DT.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        I think the draft at top could be all about QBs, Defense & WRs. The offensive lineman might drop a little. In part because so many teams and the offensive schemes get ball out quick or they play a lot of pass snaps from shotgun.

I would not be surprised to see in top 10

3 QBs Burrow, Tua, Herbert
                        2 WRs Jeudy, Lamb
                        2 DL Young, Brown
                        1 LB, Simmons
                        1 CB, Okudah
                        1 OL, ??????? And if a 2nd is taken then one of the above dropped out of top 10. Or perhaps Love is taken for a 4th QB in top 10. And there are no offense line taken in top 10.

My guess is that WR's will slip given how deep the class is, and I don't think any will go in the top 10. And I could see both the Giants and Cards taking OT's. Both teams have young franchise QB's with really poor OT play.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Interesting that no one has brought up the UDFA part of the draft( okay, I know it's not part of the actual draft but it takes place IMMEDIATELY after the draft ends)
                          I think it was Jeremiah ( or was it Schefter?) that brought up the logistical nightmare of trying to contact all the different players teams want, without the braintrust being in one location.
                          We as Charger fans know all to well the importance of UDFA's. We'll really have to be on the ball this year if we hope to find another diamond in the rough.

Comment

Working...
                          X