• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Just typed this. Hes using the old aj smith strategy.. Poor rivers he doesn't deserve this.
    telesco has spit in rivers face imo.
    AJ got wonky in his last few drafts and was soon gone.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

In the fifth round, with what is left on the board, we were not going to find a starter...Stick is a guy we had in for a visit, and is an interesting prospect. Sure, odds are he is nothing but a backup...but there are big time winner traits there, and if he happens to be a gem who develops into a very good QB, we just got him for a 5. You never know. I like this pick better than our 3rd and 4th rounders.
      Stick may be a decent prospect, but the Bolts are already talking about extending Rivers a couple more years...so since the Bolts already have a capapble backup in Tyrod, Stick goes to PS...and if they carry 3 QB's it's a waste of a roster spot needed for other positions...meanwhile, we could really use a developmental CB like Ballentine to groom for eventually replacing Hayward...and, oops, there goes Ballentine to the Gnats...right on cue...

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

i was thinking of transitioning him to linebacker
        He's an old school safety.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Gerald willis could have easiky been a starter for us.
          deandre walker would have been a good insurance plan incase bosa got hurt.
          Telesco has let these successful drafts go to his head. Thats the only way this pattern kf drafting makes sense.
          No, anyone thinking there are starters out there in the 5th round is funny. Our team doesn't suck, and only shitty teams find starters in this area. Even if we find a late round gem, they aren't going to start, or maybe not even play and are developement gems for the future. But reality is most in this area of the draft won't make a club.

Walker would get some rotation looks to spell our guys I agree but he isn't a starter but I'd prefer him over a QB who won't do shit for us.

I'm not upset with this draft, though I don't like the QB. We need better depth and STs players.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-27-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Stick may be a decent prospect, but the Bolts are already talking about extending Rivers a couple more years...so since the Bolts already have a capapble backup in Tyrod, Stick goes to PS...and if they carry 3 QB's it's a waste of a roster spot needed for other positions...meanwhile, we could really use a developmental CB like Ballentine to groom for eventually replacing Hayward...and, oops, there goes Ballentine to the Gnats...right on cue...
            Agree..it's the only pick I think is a bad one so far.

Comment

• alex8080
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

tillery - 84 sparq
              nadderley - 65 sparq
              pipkins top 10 ol sparq
              tranquil - 88 sparq
              stick - 94 sparq

Comment

• charger1993
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No, anyone thinking there are starters out there in the 5th round is funny. Our team doesn't suck, and only shitty teams find starters in this area. Even if we find a late round gem, they aren't going to start, or maybe not even play and are developement gems for the future. But reality is most in this area of the draft won't make a club.

Walker would get some rotation looks to spell our guys I agree but he isn't a starter but I'd prefer him over a QB who won't do shit for us.

I'm not upset with this draft, though I don't like the QB. We need better depth and STs players.
                We werent a shitty team when king fell into our laps.
                idk i think we passed on dudes who could start for us or maybe even when out see mack wilson. For dudes who i question will even be on this team in acouple lf years.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No, anyone thinking there are starters out there in the 5th round is funny. Our team doesn't suck, and only shitty teams find starters in this area. Even if we find a late round gem, they aren't going to start, or maybe not even play and are developement gems for the future.

Patriots found UDFA David Andrews... he's a starter... they don't suck. Chargers always experience injuries. Right now, we're thin at certain positions (DE, CB, RB, TE, WR) that could use help in the near future (due to expiring contracts or injury).

This draft sucks... until these perceived reaches start producing.
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

We werent a shitty team when king fell into our laps.
                    idk i think we passed on dudes who could start for us or maybe even when out see mack wilson. For dudes who i question will even be on this team in acouple lf years.
                    We were 5-11 and had the 7th pick in the draft lol.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Going to be a hit or miss draft for us. One thing you have to do in a draft is improve the team. I think we've done that. I think that with the additional defensive players our defense is going to look down right scary. The drafted tackle should be a better prospect than sam tevi so I don't think it's a wasted pick in the third. You have to remeber that all those compensatory draft picks start to kick in in the third round so?!?! Is the glass half full or half empty? I think its more than half full...
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Patriots found UDFA David Andrews... he's a starter... they don't suck. Chargers always experience injuries. Right now, we're thin at certain positions (DE, CB, RB, TE, WR) that could use help in the near future (due to expiring contracts or injury).

This draft sucks... until these perceived reaches start producing.
                        Yep, we are finding depth.
                        Only pick I don't like is the QB. We know he won't play for a while if ever, but all the other guys like Tranquill won't start but could work his way into taking over for Phillips who is on a one year deal. He would get plenty of playing time in 2020.

Pipkin could be better than Tevi in 2020 and be Okungs replacement in 2021.

Even on the DL we aren't going to get a starter this year in round 5. Depth who could work into a starting player when Mebane is gone for example. Hey if we get lucky on a guy late or as UDFAs, great but we don't know who that is right now. MOST players drafted this late won't make their teams.

So ok, you can throw out a name here and there who made it but there are far more who wont in these rounds

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Still could use a backup corner...Mark Fields, Clemson...

Comment

Working...
                          X