• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I like what you say and your wack emojis.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      You will have a hard time convincing me Trey Pipkins
      is not a poor man's Andre Dillard.

:larry:
      Damn accurate assessment. Both need a full year + in a teams S&C program. Trey will face a much bigger learning curve with the jump from DII to the NFL.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Trey Pipkins at 91 is a heck of a lot better pick than Tytus Howard at 23.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I have learned never to assume where these small school kids end up when. They tank, they start, and everything in between. On the plus side for Pipkins, our starting RT is Tevi. Some games last season, a spiffy new pencil eraser would have been better than Tevi. He improved, but even saying that he is a very small hurdle for any rookie with any physical ability. I would not hand a starting RT, or LG, spot to anybody right now.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Trey Pipkins at 91 is a heck of a lot better pick than Tytus Howard at 23.
            First two picks were absolutely perfect gusD scheme fits, Tillery & Adderley.

I am trying to get us to 3 for 3.

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Might as well take it a step further if we are talking about drafting to beat the Pats...

Denzel Perryman
              Thomas Davis
              Kyzir White
              Jatavis Brown
              Jerry Tillery
              Nasir Adderly
              Drue Tranquil

These players make it a different game defensively. And none of them were available in that blow out.

The OL also killed us. So hopefully Lamp and Pimpkins can help there.
              I think New England wasn't missing any starter last year in the playoffs. Chung got injured in the 2nd half of the Super Bow, but they had everyone else available.
              One reason why they looked so good.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I think New England wasn't missing any starter last year in the playoffs. Chung got injured in the 2nd half of the Super Bow, but they had everyone else available.
                One reason why they looked so good.
                And they just got a lot better. I liked what they did in the draft. I think they will be a top 5 rushing team all season next year. And that will continue to pay huge dividends for Brady and play action.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

And they just got a lot better. I liked what they did in the draft. I think they will be a top 5 rushing team all season next year. And that will continue to pay huge dividends for Brady and play action.
                  Yeah, with them adding in Harris... that one scares me a bit. They should have fresh legs

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Obviously Pipkens was drafted for traits. The athleticism is elite.

Consider the teachings of Pat Meyer.

Pipkins has quick, violent initial punch. That is a big thing with Oline for Pat Meyer. Be proactive. Pipkins is good out in space. The powerful hips he flashes suggest an ability to develop as a run blocker.

Maybe y'all should talk a little more about substance.

:coffee:
                    how 'bout substantial.... as in whiff.

you can have your Andre Dillard lite 2.0 along w/Dru and the Stick man, and will ante up Cajuste, the ham sandwich and Isaiah Prince....

every time the post draft Koolaid starts to kick in.... reality kicks in first.... (those damn Patsies)

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

beachcomber every time i see your posts i think about the bar in MB. Great vibe you bring.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

how 'bout substantial.... as in whiff.

you can have your Andre Dillard lite 2.0 along w/Dru and the Stick man, and will ante up Cajuste, the ham sandwich and Isaiah Prince....

every time the post draft Koolaid starts to kick in.... reality kicks in first.... (those damn Patsies)
                        The TPB Slobberknockers are picking at nits.

TT wants athleticism.

The Oline will continue to be allowed to develop at a comfortable pace, per CBA restrictions on practice and Pat Meyer tutelage...status quo. Did you really think they would dump Feeney, Lamp and Tevi this soon?

And, breaking news...

Phil's new contract will leave room for Gates, not Suh. Anything else is just another Trencher's pipedream...put down the pipe.

BTW see the scouting reports on Tillery's ability to anchor. He will take snaps at 1TECH people. Do your homework !!

See signature.

jus' posting in the style of the beachcomber...
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Slobber knockin' nit picker.... now eye know,

and don't think eye've forgotten 'bout your fondness for the both of Billy P. 'n I. Wynn

woulda been nothin' wrong w/some real McCoy or McGary....

and ok.... Jerry's gonna play some nose shade.... whoopty wu dai

Tillery's game is pressure.... he needs to play the 3T.

JJ breaks loose every now and then, but he doesn't threaten the pocket/backfield in any fashion nearly as oft as Jerry.... think he (JJ) spells Brandon @NT more oft than not.

and not really a Suh fan/supporter, just offering up that it might not cost the $14m that someone threw out earlier in the day.

and neither am I any much a Culkin fan, and yes.... could see Antonio coming back, and.... wondering what that's all about if so ??

Comment

Working...
                          X