• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Both of those guys were on the team in 2006 and we were loaded and should have won. Neither of them has the right to complain
    :ygdr:

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Could have had Anderson in the 6th round. Well worth the gamble. Drue Tranquill had/has injury issues and we drafted him in the 4th round. Friendly wager Anderson makes the field in a regular season game before Stick does...?
      I was kinda hoping we'd grab Anderson. Those later picks are for guys with talent but question marks. And when healthy, that kid can run better than anyone in this draft.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Those guys were the "leaders". I don't agree with you about the team not having the same drive.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

See current LAC RB population.

Check out this new Clydesdale from Old Dominion.
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
            Still can't believe we drafted a scrub from North Dakota State over Clayton Thorson.

Thorson has the ceiling to develop into at least an above average starting QB in the league while Easton freakin Stick will probably not even make the roster a year from now.

Basically another Brad Sorensen pick who else went some school like Northern Utah or Southern Utah or something.

What a joke. Telesco better be praying Thorson fails because or else it's gonna look god awful. And Thorson will get opportunities when Wentz gets injured again (which should be soon).
            You do realize that Carson Wentz went to the exact same school, and that Stick had equal or better numbers across the board, right? That same Wentz who was on track to be MVP before breaking his leg against the Rams.

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thorson isn't going to amount to anything in the NFL.Thorson almost had as many INTs as TDs last season. Doesn't have a good TD to INT ratio in his college career and is barely a 60% passer his last two seasons (58% career) who didn't really improve from his junior to senior year.

Frankly I'm not expecting much from Stick and wouldn't from Thorson either. Don't think either will be anything but backups....to the backups.
              Dude posted 13 multiple INT games in 3 seasons, that avg's out to that happening every 3rd game. No thank you....

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                Thorson was put in arguably the worst possible situation that any college QB can be put in. Guy has a strong skill set, works extremely hard and is a man of faith.

Has phenomenal size too (much, much, much better than Stick) and I think Rivers would've loved his attitude and getting to mentor him.

I think Doug Pederson is gonna make a stud out of this kid eventually. I hate that the Eagles drafted him right after us, I wish he was drafted a little later so it wouldn't look as bad after we drafted fucking Stick.
                Bwahahahahaha.....What the fuck does that have to do with his talent or ceiling? :ml:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I was kinda hoping we'd grab Anderson. Those later picks are for guys with talent but question marks. And when healthy, that kid can run better than anyone in this draft.
                  He can but he is worse than Verret because he can't stay healthy in college. Very undependable

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I doubt if Rivers wants to mentor anybody. If he's teaching, he's not studying. Rivers day is already fully booked.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• charger1993
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

So do you just constantly throw shit at the wall to see what sticks or hope that someone doesn't call you out on it? Those LT and Rivers years, the team was loaded with talent.
                      No, but we didn't exactly help ourselves after the loss to the patriots. The oline kept getting worse and we didnt care, we had 1 shot in 06. After that the team was still talented. But show me a ring. No one can deny we have hall of famers come in and leave with no rings, if we could go back on the chargers fan board i guarantee you we'll see people bitching about the oline and how we didnt get lt enough help. People are quick to forget.
                      Right now the defense is close to elite, the offense is good not great mostly because of oline play. So if u want to see a ring we would have to draft for now not the future. We dont know how long wr got kedt with rivers. we dont know if bosa will even resign. Were operating with a very small window here
                      Last edited by charger1993; 04-28-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

We have a large window. TT has built this team up to beat a team like NE. The 2019 draft was all about beating NE IMO.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Might as well take it a step further if we are talking about drafting to beat the Pats...

Denzel Perryman
                          Thomas Davis
                          Kyzir White
                          Jatavis Brown
                          Jerry Tillery
                          Nasir Adderly
                          Drue Tranquil

These players make it a different game defensively. And none of them were available in that blow out.

The OL also killed us. So hopefully Lamp and Pimpkins can help there.

Comment

Working...
                          X