• Send PM

Makes for a good story but it isn't happening

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I can't fathom us spending the #7 pick in this years draft on a QB - unless Rivers let the team know this is his last year playing. Otherwise, investing in a QB who could site for several years when there are so many other needs and the team needs to make an immediate impact in LA makes no sense.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

It sucks that my top 3 are gone.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
          Well I must say this is interesting.... Deshaun Watson?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-qb-successors
          Not from left field if there is genuinely interest in Gino. Where there is smoke and all that but, it is that time of year where much manufactured smoke is out there. Wouldn't hurt for Bolts to put the story out that they are after QB to drive interest for draft trades. If people think they need to get above 7 for a QB it drives non-QB's down to us.

Of course there is also possibility Bolts are looking to make a splashy move to generate LA area interest and really are looking.

By the time they get to post Combine/early FA the pundits Mocks are starting to take into account rumors as well as educated guesses

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
            Not from left field if there is genuinely interest in Gino. Where there is smoke and all that but, it is that time of year where much manufactured smoke is out there. Wouldn't hurt for Bolts to put the story out that they are after QB to drive interest for draft trades. If people think they need to get above 7 for a QB it drives non-QB's down to us.

Of course there is also possibility Bolts are looking to make a splashy move to generate LA area interest and really are looking.

By the time they get to post Combine/early FA the pundits Mocks are starting to take into account rumors as well as educated guesses
            I'm not sure how splashy Watson would be, especially if he isn't ready to start.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

Wait a minute! I thought the Chagras already traded Rivers and a boatload of picks to Tenn for Mariota? Last time I checked it was a done deal- where there's smoke and all that. More than 1/2 the pundits knew it was the real deal.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

I'm not against bringing in Geno, but the guy is basically a camp arm with a smidge of potential. It's not like you can count on the guy, and Rivers obviously likes Clemons in the QB meeting room, because there is not another reasonable explaination as to why we keep bringing him back.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  Wait a minute! I thought the Chagras already traded Rivers and a boatload of picks to Tenn for Mariota? Last time I checked it was a done deal- where there's smoke and all that. More than 1/2 the pundits knew it was the real deal.
                  Didn't those rumors about Rivers getting traded intensify when Wiz went to Paxton Lynch's pro day? Remember when we drafted Lynch?

I have a friend in UK who used to be a small time agent (European Soccer), he said some deals are made up by sports writers,some are pushed by agents and some of the really off the wall mega-deal rumors were real and for one reason or another they fell through. A vast majority of the deals that fall through are disavowed by all parties even though they were very close to happening. I'm sure a fly on the wall in the 32 GM offices would hear some crazy shit over the next few months and we will never be the wiser.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    I'm not against bringing in Geno, but the guy is basically a camp arm with a smidge of potential. It's not like you can count on the guy, and Rivers obviously likes Clemons in the QB meeting room, because there is not another reasonable explaination as to why we keep bringing him back.
                    He has pictures of somebody in a comprising position?
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Could Williams fall out of the top 20?
                      Yes. Mike Williams, of course, did not run at the combine, citing Clemson’s long season but he did participate in positional drills and his lack of juice was alarming. For much of the process, many thought that Williams was the star who helped Watson look good. Following their respective combine performances, it is worth wondering whether the opposite is, in fact, true.
                      Is record-setting Ross a first-round lock?
                      No. Athletically-speaking, John Ross is clearly among the top 32 prospects and quite possibly the top receiver in the class. However, scouts already knew that Ross was fast. What they don’t know (yet) is his medical grade. Ross has undergone surgeries to both knees, including for a torn ACL (left knee) and meniscus (both) with a shoulder surgery (labrum) coming up. Ross “should” go in the first round but with his injury-marred past and narrow-shouldered 188-pound frame, there are many who question whether he can hold up to a 16-game NFL season.
                      john-ross-combine.jpg
                      Teams have concerns about the injury history of John Ross. USATSI
                      Which WR deserves more attention?
                      Take a peek at Northern Illinois’ Kenny Golladay. The 6-foot-4, 218 pounder was officially clocked at 4.50 in the 40-yard dash, had a 35.5-inch vertical jump and a more-than-respectable 4.15-second short shuttle time. Even better, he looked terrific during the position drills, showing impressive body control during the gauntlet drills to haul in a pass thrown behind him, while maintaining his momentum.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• CTrout
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

McShay’s mock.

1 - DE Myles Garrett
                          2 - DE Solomon Thomas
                          3 - S Jamal Adams
                          4 - TE O.J. Howard
                          5 - DL Jonathan Allen
                          6 - CB Marshon Lattimore
                          7 - S Malik Hooker
                          8 - RB Leonard Fournette
                          9 - LB Reuben Foster
                          10 - WR Corey Davis
                          11 - DE Derek Barnett
                          12 - QB Deshaun Watson
                          13 - CB Tre’Davious White
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X