• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Some bad news out of Washington on Saturday with word that the Huskies cornerback Sidney Jones went down with an injury during the school's pro day.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Torn Achilles. Sucks. 2nd round steal.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Torn Achilles. Sucks. 2nd round steal.
        He'll probably miss next year. That will drop him further IMO.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I suspect that Allen will fall based upon his poor speed numbers. But would I take him at 7 as a DE? That's a tough question. Did playing beside all that great talent help with his substantial production?

While few expected any of Alabama’s top prospects to compete again after such a short layoff since the combine, it was thought that Allen in particular might want a second chance after a somewhat disappointing performance at the combine, including a 5.0-second time in the 40-yard dash after measuring just under 6-foot-3 and 286 pounds.
          Allen did not appear as quick or flexible as Tomlinson (6-foot-3, 310 pounds) during arc drills that were part of Wednesday’s workout, though the reigning Bednarik and Nagurski Award winner’s production (69 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks) speaks for itself.
          Last edited by Formula 21; 03-11-2017, 04:06 PM.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            He'll probably miss next year. That will drop him further IMO.
            Thats what i thought about Jaylon. Who had a much worse injury.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Man ive talked with a lot of draft people and they seem to think Allen will drop out of the top 10.

If Thomas, Adams and Hooker are all gone im probably either hoping for Barnett or Williams.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                • Send PM

If Hooker, Thomas and Adams are gone by 7 it probably means no QB's taken. I would consider trading down and grabbing oline. An extra pick in top 100 would help especially with as deep as this draft is outside of offensive line

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Man ive talked with a lot of draft people and they seem to think Allen will drop out of the top 10.

If Thomas, Adams and Hooker are all gone im probably either hoping for Barnett or Williams.
                  Motivation is probably biggest concern with Allen. I could care less about how he runs in under ware. He was the number 1 High school prospect in the nation and he played at a pretty high level for arguably the best college program. I honestly think the didn't reach his potential and I think some of the questions around him are why he didn't do better. I don't think it was a case of him being made to look better by a stacked AL defense but probably him getting by with less than top effort because of great support around him.
                  He will disappear in games at times.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

It's the time of year that everyone gets 40 times bouncing through their heads. But as the draft approaches, the thought of our interior (OL/DL) dances through everyones head and they come back to earth.

Allen got to do a lot of the dirty work and eat up at lot of interior attention to get the Alabama edge rushers freed up. I think a lot of people expect him to be super productive all the time, and that is not quite what he is. He is not a super quick guy who penetrates like Keith Millard or Warren Sapp and make a ton of plays in the backfield. BUt if a team wants more of a stout run defender who can push the pocket back into the QB, then Allen can be that guy.

I am not sure about the effort comment. I can say that in the 3 or 4 games I saw him play this year, I don' t think there was anything wrong with his effort. But the times that he disappear, may be somewhat due to the guys around him, and the role he was asked to play.
                    Last edited by Steve; 03-12-2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• CTrout
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I always have concerns about Bama players. Not a knock against Saban, actually a compliment. He seems to get everything out of them while their there...so many of them get to the NFL and never really improve.
                      Sure you can find a name here or there that turned into great players...but overall most have never lived up to the hype.
                      Trent Richardson, Mark Barron, Dre Kirkpatrick, Dee Miliner, Chance Womack, Fluker etc....some of the 1st rounders who never did much.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
                        Mayock sure likes Lamp. Will he last to our 2nd round pick?
                        I love lamp. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Kyle
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Well I must say this is interesting.... Deshaun Watson?

Daniel Jeremiah has a lot of changes in his latest mock draft, including the Saints grabbing the fastest-rising running back prospect and Drew Brees' eventual replacement.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X