• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
    Please do not draft Benjamin. Bust in the making IMO.
    Puff Daddy would draft Benjamin

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Time to drop this benjamins
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Too late to puff that daddy?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Time to puff this magic drags
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            Time to puff this magic drags
            Time to place "Here be drags" labels on US maps over Colorado and Washington.
            Adipose

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Mike Mayock on the 21 year-old Clowney : "the most talented defensive lineman on the planet today."

Right up there with Robert Ayers
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                Mike Mayock on the 21 year-old Clowney : "the most talented defensive lineman on the planet today."

Right up there with Robert Ayers
                LOL! Did he say something similar about Ayers years ago? That's what you seem to be implying. But I'm slow, so forgive me if that's obvious and I missed it.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  Cue my buddy Brian, aka UtahBolt. What's your take on this guy, Amigo?
                  Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  Draft watch:OLB Trevor Reilly

By Tom Krasovic 03:49p.m. Apr 1, 2014

The Chargers are in need of pass rushers. One potential draftee is versatile Trevor Reilly, who played end, outside linebacker and middle linebacker during his 48-game career with Utah. Reilly had 37.5 tackles for loss, 20.5 sacks, 10 passes defended and 8 forced fumbles.

Reilly, 6-foot-5 and 245 pounds, is coming off a knee "clean-up" that limited him at the NFL Combine. At age 26, he is 4-5 years older than most players who are now draft-eligible.

Tom Telesco a year ago drafted a Pac-12 player coming off a knee injury in Keenan Allen, and with his final pick drafted a 25-year-old quarterback in Brad Sorensen.

Chargers medical staff would have to sign off Reilly's right knee, which was reconstructed in 2012 and repaired after the 2013 season. At the Combine two months ago, Reilly said doctors didn't seem overly concerned about the knee.

"They say the difference between my right knee and my left knee is about one millimeter, which is pretty good, as good as it's going to be," he said at the Combine. "The ACL (torn in 2012) looks good, the meniscus is still there. I never missed a game for it."

Last week in his Pro Day, Reilly tested well in the 40-yard dash (4.57 to. 4.67), the vertical leap (34 inches) and the broad jump (9-feet-9).

His age is of some concern. At 26, Reilly may not have much physical upside; in comparison, the Chargers employ several edge rushers who are younger in Thomas Keiser (25), Melvin Ingram (24), Tourek Williams (22) and Cordarro Law (25).

"I'm sure it's on the minds of some teams," said Reilly, who went to Sweden on a Mormon mission. "One thing, though, I didn't do anything for four years. My body, I like to think, is only 22. I worked construction for a year, I went on a church mission for two years. It wasn't like I was playing minor league baseball, or doing something else. I wasn't playing sports."

Bottom line: Reilly could be very tempting in the third round, though some draftniks project him to go earlier. His toughness and maturity stood out in college. He is adept at reading offenses. His straight-line speed and strength profile well. Can he beat NFL tackles as a pass rusher? His game tape doesn't answer that question. Utah moved him around a lot, and many of his disruptive plays didn't require whipping a tackle straight up. John Pagano, I think, would be intrigued by his versatility. The Chargers employ Utah alums in Mike McCoy, Fred Graves and Eric Weddle.

Reilly says: "Some see me as a 4-3 outside linebacker, (or) 3-4 outside. If I gained weight, I think I could play defensive end. My last game of the season, I played inside linebacker. I think it's just going to come down to, if a team likes me, they're going to find whatever position they want me to play at.

"Hopefully, I can find a position and play one position. In college, I played four or five positions. In the NFL, if I make it, I'll be able to play one, and that'll be a difference."
                  For you Q. Reilly is nails. He is one tough son of a gun, he played on a torn ACL! IMO, he is the kind of guy that will excel no matter where he lines up for an NFL team. He was really versatile and lined up all over the field for the Utes last season. Reilly's baby daughter is battling cancer and despite dealing with this, the knee injury and not having the same every down position, he still made the All-Pac 12 team. He has a bit Jared Allen in him, not just in his style of play but in his quirky personality. He seems to be a character and can be kind of odd, not in a bad way, just in a little bit crazy kind of way. That said, he is spokesman for the team and is well known in the local media as a go to guy for an interview.

I personally think he will be a great pro, maybe not a dynamic playmaker like Allen, but a solid set the edge type of a guy for a lot of years. I would be thrilled if the Bolts drafted him...Utes usually make good pros.

Here is an article about his daughter from before last season, helps to put the guy in perspective: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...re.html?pg=all
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

I don't give a damn about how old he is. Sure, you might not have him as long as some other guys, but how long can you count on having anyone these days? If he can rush the passer, play on the edge, then he could be a useful player for us. Even if he can't be an edge player, then maybe we can use him as a Joker/Rover type of pass rusher and on ST.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

@mortreport: Miami OT Seantrel Henderson didn't help himself today - "quit" his Pro Day workout halfway through it. No explanation yet. Disappointing.

Gaither written all over.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        @mortreport: Miami OT Seantrel Henderson didn't help himself today - "quit" his Pro Day workout halfway through it. No explanation yet. Disappointing.

I see him signing a big deal in Washington...

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post

Seantrel is undraftable. The biggest talent/least other factors split in the draft.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X