• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

BPA theory says players get drafted where they are rated. If a lot of WRs are rated highly, they will go higher than players that are lower rated even if higher need for those other positions exist.

So I expect the WRs to go early.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

I'm just hoping we see 4 QB's go in the 1st this year. It will drop a top 15 talent into our lap if some teams reach for the QB's. It starts with Houston taking Bortles, it will start the domino's falling ideally.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        Gonna be tough if we don't get one of those in the 1st round. I suspect all those guys are gone by the time our 2nd round pick rolls around.
        I will gladly bet the under on that.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          If he was on a team with a legit QB he would have put up monster numbers. Hes my 4th rated WR.

1. Watkins
          2. Evans
          3. Cooks
          4. Moncrief
          5. Lee
          6. Adams
          7. Benjamin
          8. Beckham
          9. Mathews
          To each their own. I have him at #8.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I strongly suspect we go with pass rush and corner in our first two picks, the order depending on how things shake out. WR in the third, NT In the fourth. Then another CB, someone like Exum who has dropped due to injury or an athlete that slips in the 5th.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
              I'm just hoping we see 4 QB's go in the 1st this year. It will drop a top 15 talent into our lap if some teams reach for the QB's. It starts with Houston taking Bortles, it will start the domino's falling ideally.
              Could happen.....unfortunately the 4th QB taken could be Cleveland at 26....BUT, that could mean someone might want to trade up with the Bolts at 25 and we could pick up the extra third rounder

It seems to me there are 5 teams that need to get a QB with one of their top two picks: Browns, Turds, Vikes, Jags and Texans....only 4 top rated QB,s available. There could be a wild card like Tampa Bay who also wants to get a QB too. Who knows maybe some of these GM,s are happy to sit and take Garoppolo, Mettenberger or McCarron although I'm not convinced they aren't just 4th round talent

This is why I love the NFL Draft!!!
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                Could happen.....unfortunately the 4th QB taken could be Cleveland at 26....BUT, that could mean someone might want to trade up with the Bolts at 25 and we could pick up the extra third rounder

It seems to me there are 5 teams that need to get a QB with one of their top two picks: Browns, Turds, Vikes, Jags and Texans....only 4 top rated QB,s available. There could be a wild card like Tampa Bay who also wants to get a QB too. Who knows maybe some of these GM,s are happy to sit and take Garoppolo, Mettenberger or McCarron although I'm not convinced they aren't just 4th round talent

This is why I love the NFL Draft!!!
                I'm guessing the Texans take Clowney, so you can bet they won't.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  They should, but I don't think they will.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    I tend to agree but who knows. I love the idea of moving down to the top of the second and picking up the extra 3rd but not sure the odds are that will happen.
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

I bet this thread goes past 500 pages before Day 1 of the draft.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

ESPN's Todd McShay would "have a hard time" drafting UCLA edge player Anthony Barr in the top 25 picks.
                        It's a jarring opinion to hear about a player talked about as a top-five probable during the season, but it's not at all surprising coming from McShay. The analyst dropped Barr from No. 16 to No. 28 overall in late February. Barr is supremely athletically gifted and collected 23.5 sacks and 41.5 tackles for loss over the past two seasons, but some question his ability to adapt his game when everyone around him is also an all-pro athlete. Despite his ample gifts, he's a one-trick pass-rushing pony who can get pushed around. "Any team that spends a top 15 pick on Anthony Barr is going to be very disappointed by what it gets," McShay said. He mentioned Aaron Maybin when discussing Barr, which should make the fans of his future team shudder.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          ESPN's Todd McShay would "have a hard time" drafting UCLA edge player Anthony Barr in the top 25 picks.
                          It's a jarring opinion to hear about a player talked about as a top-five probable during the season, but it's not at all surprising coming from McShay. The analyst dropped Barr from No. 16 to No. 28 overall in late February. Barr is supremely athletically gifted and collected 23.5 sacks and 41.5 tackles for loss over the past two seasons, but some question his ability to adapt his game when everyone around him is also an all-pro athlete. Despite his ample gifts, he's a one-trick pass-rushing pony who can get pushed around. "Any team that spends a top 15 pick on Anthony Barr is going to be very disappointed by what it gets," McShay said. He mentioned Aaron Maybin when discussing Barr, which should make the fans of his future team shudder.
                          Keep talking him down!
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X