Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    An upgrade over Thomas?
    Clearly. I wouldnt be talking about a NT in the 2nd or 3rd if i didnt think he was a potentially significant upgrade to Thomas. Honestly i think guys like McCullers and Ellis are significant upgrades.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Then bring on the beef!

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Remember Cam was touted as a 2nd/3rd rounder and dropped to the 5th. I think teams felt he was overrated due to the players surrounding him. He had Coples and Quinn occupying Olinemen for the most part. He was surrounded by absolute studs throughout his career.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Clearly. I wouldnt be talking about a NT in the 2nd or 3rd if i didnt think he was a potentially significant upgrade to Thomas. Honestly i think guys like McCullers and Ellis are significant upgrades.
          Getting a quality NT in the 3rd would be a godsend, then we could get other skill players ( CB, OLB, WR) with the first two picks. .... I guess that players like Nix and Aaron Donad might be more talented interior Dlinemen than McCullers or Ellis but for the Chargers who need a zero tech NT the drop off in talent might not be that much.

Put another way: What would you prefer NT ( Nix ) in the first round and WR ( Robert Herron ) in the third round OR ..WR ( Cooks ) in the first and NT ( McCullers )
          in the third??
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            Getting a quality NT in the 3rd would be a godsend, then we could get other skill players ( CB, OLB, WR) with the first two picks. .... I guess that players like Nix and Aaron Donad might be more talented interior Dlinemen than McCullers or Ellis but for the Chargers who need a zero tech NT the drop off in talent might not be that much.

Put another way: What would you prefer NT ( Nix ) in the first round and WR ( Robert Herron ) in the third round OR ..WR ( Cooks ) in the first and NT ( McCullers )
            in the third??
            Id rather have Fuller CB in the 1st.....Moncrief in the 2nd and move up into the 3rd for Jones. lol But we would probably have to take Jones in the 2nd and move up into the 3rd for a WR. The position is deep and most likely will have a stud WR in the early 3rd.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Id rather have Fuller CB in the 1st.....Moncrief in the 2nd and move up into the 3rd for Jones. lol But we would probably have to take Jones in the 2nd and move up into the 3rd for a WR. The position is deep and most likely will have a stud WR in the early 3rd.
              Holy crap that's my dream scenario! Fleet inc. needs to start putting out a national draft guide.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

McCullers just looks huge, but I think he is too slow to play in the NFL. He is slow off the snap, he is not quick and every time I watch him, it seems like the OL hits him first. I don't see how he is going to survive let alone prosper.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

LOL. Verrett is another possibility but im a big fan of VTs DB program.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

LOL. Verrett is another possibility but I'm a big fan of VTs DB program.
                    Did you leave out the word "not". That seems to fit in the context of your post.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

If you guys remember how big of a deal TT made about Fluker's intangibles, a case can seemingly be made for Nix as well.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I don't think Moncrief is worth that high of a pick. it is a very deep draft at WR, and I think we go D with our first two picks. I can see us perhaps trading up in the third for him though.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                          I don't think Moncrief is worth that high of a pick. it is a very deep draft at WR, and I think we go D with our first two picks. I can see us perhaps trading up in the third for him though.
                          Its cool. We'll have to disagree on that. Im big on routes, catching the ball at its high point and receivers that can get behind defenders without great timed speed. Eventhough he timed well at the combine. I was all over this kid when he was considered a 4th rounder. Reminds me of Allen with better speed. Even if he ran a 4.6 i would have been fine with him in the 2nd. I think he could go higher.

Comment

Working...
                          X