• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    Here's a question. If Nix falls out of the 1st round, do we trade up again to grab him?
    Interesting, Dee Ford now at 18. I think I d take Nix at 25 and a cb in the 2nd and save the draft pick.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
      Interesting, Dee Ford now at 18. I think I'd take Nix at 25 and a cb in the 2nd and save the draft pick.
      From a financial standpoint it makes sense taking the CB considering how much the salaries have skyrocketed for the position. Also makes sense from a snap count point of view. It's hard to argue with taking a shutdown CB if one is on the board. Just hate the bust potential , but if he's grading that high...

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

From a financial standpoint it makes sense taking the CB considering how much the salaries have skyrocketed for the position. Also makes sense from a snap count point of view. It's hard to argue with taking a shutdown CB if one is on the board. Just hate the bust potential , but if he's grading that high...
        But Nix will be the BPA at 25. More important position versus less important position? That's a tough one. More snaps versus less snaps? That's easier. That's why I'm an armchair GM at best.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

But Nix will be the BPA at 25. More important position versus less important position? That's a tough one. More snaps versus less snaps? That's easier. That's why I'm an armchair GM at best.
          We may think that, actual GM's may not. Don't forget he also has injury concerns.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

We may think that, actual GM's may not. Don't forget he also has injury concerns.
            It's a tough problem. But I don't think I trade up unless I think the player can be special. And I dont think nix or any of the available CBs are special.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

It's a tough problem. But I don't think I trade up unless I think the player can be special. And I dont think nix or any of the available CBs are special.
              I totally agree.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Doesn't TT like taking mid-round CBs? He did that here last year, and I think at Indy too?

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

League has changed. Didn't make sense with all the teams running the ball 40 times a game. Now, not so much. He did make signing a CB a priority last year. We'll find out in a few weeks!

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

The big thing that makes a CB a high pick is good production in college, deep speed, size and the ability to play bump and run.

If you are willing to give up some of that, there are decent CB around. And if you value quickness more then speed, and value brains over physical traits, then you probably can get decent CB later. Since we play a lot of man off, and loose zone coverages, I don't think we feel the necessity to go for a CB really high. I don't think we will necessarily pass on a top CB that falls to us, but if there is no CB that we like, they may let that need go for a couple of picks.

Comment

• rikardo
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

IMO Telesco does not put much attention to the combine numbers as he does to game tape K. Allen and M. Teo
                      Having said that if M. Lee WR is there when we pick; I don't see Telesco passing on him...

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Didn't really want to start a new thread, but Orhnberger is awesome on twitter.

@ohrnberger: My sex life and golf game have a lot in common... I'm usually drunk, aim for 72 strokes or less, and I always have more fun than my partner.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                          Did we win?
                          • Jun 2013
                          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                          • Send PM

I remember when we signed him last off season there was some talk here about his twitter account and some pretty damn funny tweets. Is it possible that TT plans to bring him back now with the extra Freeney money? Guy was pretty valuable in a pinch last season.
                          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                          X