• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antonio's Gates
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

martin would be a good pick because he could start at guard as a rookie then move to LT once dunlaps contract is up/gets injured. if he doesnt work out at tackle, he'll be a pro bowler at guard.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
      martin would be a good pick because he could start at guard as a rookie then move to LT once dunlaps contract is up/gets injured. if he doesnt work out at tackle, he'll be a pro bowler at guard.
      I agree. You and i might be the only ones here who think he can handle OT.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        I agree. You and i might be the only ones here who think he can handle OT.
        honestly I only saw him at guard during todays game. havent seen him play in any other games so I don't have an opinion either way on him as a tackle. I'm just saying even if he couldn't handle it, he'd still be a great player and he's a pretty safe pick and you know Joe D likes his linemen versatile.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Time to merge this thread, even though the reply posts were after the game.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

honestly I only saw him at guard during todays game. havent seen him play in any other games so I don't have an opinion either way on him as a tackle. I'm just saying even if he couldn't handle it, he'd still be a great player and he's a pretty safe pick and you know Joe D likes his linemen versatile.
            You mean you only saw him at OT today? I dont think he played any OG. At any rate he shouldnt be there when we pick.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              You mean you only saw him at OT today? I dont think he played any OG. At any rate he shouldnt be there when we pick.
              no I mean guard. they had him playing guard in the 3rd or 4th

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Ahh. I missed that. They must have moved him back to LT at the end of the 4th. Last 2 plays he went up against Dee Ford and held him the first time. Then lifted him off the ground the next. RB and OG tried to help but he didnt need it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Martin was playing at OLG at the end of the game. At least one mock has him there for us at 25. I think a good draft strategy would be BPA in the first, then flop to the other side of the ball BPA in the second. I'm not in the drafting a CB in the first, though.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Martin was playing at OLG at the end of the game. At least one mock has him there for us at 25. I think a good draft strategy would be BPA in the first, then flop to the other side of the ball BPA in the second. I'm not in the drafting a CB in the first, though.
                    yeah, no thanks on a corner in the first. there will be good corners available on day 2 and 3

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Yep, he was next to Brandon Thomas who was playing LT. Thomas is another guy that is a LT/OG prospect.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The 2014 Draft

Even though NFL teams have just started their evaluation of the underclassmen, general managers universally believe this will be the deepest draft ever because of the influx.

“You hope that all these guys can play,” said Chiefs general manager John Dorsey. “Once you determine they can play and they’re real players, after studying the combine next month, you’ll see it. All of a sudden you’ll have quality of depth. Hopefully that adds quality of depth to this year’s draft.”

The NFL Job Interview The Senior Bowl is an introduction to pro football, with coaches and scouts quizzing players to see if they're ready. Jenny Vrentas followed three QBs to see how they did. FULL STORY

That could lead to a rash of trade downs—including picking up seventh-round selections to get a jump on undrafted free agency—and teams using picks from the ’15 draft to get more picks this year.

“If people say there are a lot of juniors this year, that means there might not be a lot of seniors next year and teams will say, ‘Let’s maybe use future picks for this year,’” said Rams general manager Les Snead. “You never know how that’s going to work. But I do think when it’s deep, that it does affect strategy. It just depends on how creative people get.”

The Rams could be one of those teams. They have nine selections, including two in the first round: second overall and 13 . St. Louis already stated it’s open to trading down.

“I’m ecstatic about where we’re sitting now with the 2 and 13,” Snead said. “The deeper this (draft) gets, all of a sudden you may have more quality. You may have a second and a third that you might feel good about trading to get lower and with more picks. Should be fun.”

The influx of underclassmen to the NFL is in full swing and shows no sign of slowing down. Things are about to change in a big way
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X