• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

MHJ at 5 is a great player at a critical need. That may have been their tough decision when they traded Slayer, they’re taking WR at 5 (there’s 3 of them, 2 or 3 of them are definitely there). Trading down allows perhaps 2 players that could start. That is if AZ trades out to MIN.

Decisions, decisions …

As to WHICH receiver - I think they should go for explosion, though i hate not getting the guy I don’t take. That decision after the decision is just as tough as the decision.

Another 5 weeks of angry gnashing here until then, I assume. I guess thats just how forums are. Grown men acting 40+ years younger than they are because they are anonymous and entitled.

Meanwhile - MY AZTECS are grinding a tough MWC title game. Came back from way down, like every game this tourney - now up by a slim 3 with 7+ left. Live on CBS if anyone feels perhaps a distraction away from this would help them
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

No, the Chargers shouldn’t trade down if MHJ falls to them at 5. It also wouldn’t be worth it since the Vikings are the best trade partners and you lose the QB tax.

Trade down probably happens in the second round then.
      I don't know man. If they can get and extra 2nd and 3rd or a pick in 2025 and stay in the top 10-12 I would do it.
      1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
      2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
      3a- #66 Puni OT
      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
      4a- #105 Rice WR
      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
      5- #140 Green CB
      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I don't know man. If they can get and extra 2nd and 3rd or a pick in 2025 and stay in the top 10-12 I would do it.
        When you basically have a blue chip WR prospect like MHJ, it’s hard to say no.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Read it all, corners mostly via free agency.
          Should have a good pash rush this year ((because we expect Bosa to be healthy and dominate with Mack and Tuli.)) Have to have a weak position link somewhere when you’re focused on building the greatest O Line ever after inheriting Telesco’s mess, especially year 1.
          Defense heavy this year.
          trade down could net us our starting DT, round two our starting NT, round 3 an LB, and day three another LB or two + UDFAs, and.... FA (Denzel, Mike D. + ?) ain't over yet.... build the !ines,

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

When you basically have a blue chip WR prospect like MHJ, it’s hard to say no.
            I totally get it. It's a tough call. What makes it harder is that this draft is loaded with good receivers.
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I totally get it. It's a tough call. What makes it harder is that this draft is loaded with good receivers.
              I can think of two instances in which we went WR ahead of/in lieu of Oline.... the flyweight guy (Travis Benjamin) instead of Bobby Massie in FA, and MW instead of Ramczyk.

my suspicion is that we would be a much better football team if we instead went Oline over WR, and of course given that the talent level is within range.... ??

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I can think of two instances in which we went WR ahead of/in lieu of Oline.... the flyweight guy (Travis Benjamin) instead of Bobby Massie in FA, and MW instead of Ramczyk.

my suspicion is that we would be a much better football team if we instead went Oline over WR, and of course given that the talent level is within range.... ??
                The thing is the draft is also loaded with Oline (Tackles) which complicates things as well.
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well, here's what I think we won't do

Start three rookies on the OL.

Two perhaps, three...id say nah.

OC, OG ....maybe,sure. OT OG vet OC. .ideal...draft lower round OC for depth. Salyer is now depth?

Slater had Fieler next to him and we had Linsley. Slater last year mentioned McFadden had a mature, vet like pressense about him so he praised him when he had to play for Zion? Should we read anything in to that?

But that matters.

Three rookies? I think some here expect too much.

And if we draft Bowers,... we got a rookie TE next to a rookie RT who is next to a rookie RG who is next to a rookie OC.....that is a lot inexperience.

Do the vet TEs help here with that some? Idk

​​​
                  Yes I like the depth of Salyer and Pipkins. Injuries will happen and O Line is where I like most of the insurance.
                  Hoping for Connor Williams as our big FA signing. Changes the mock obviously.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

If we can trade down and get an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder, I might use one of those, or our original picks for a wideout...

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

With what Bears just did and top 3 needing QB, I don't see the Arz pick as that valuable as before. I could be wrong
                        And I dont see Chargers pick as valuable anymore..
                        At least not for QB.. for other positions ....yes...but Arz and LAC picks IMV are not QB value....
                        ?????

​​​​​

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          With what Bears just did and top 3 needing QB, I don't see the Arz pick as that valuable as before. I could be wrong
                          And I dont see Chargers pick as valuable anymore..
                          At least not for QB.. for other positions ....yes...but Arz and LAC picks IMV are not QB value....
                          ?????
                          If McCarthy's stock keeps rising, some QB-hungry team may pull the trigger on him @#5...especially if there's rumors that OTHER teams also want him...

We haven't touched on the NFL draft status of J.J. McCarthy in a few days but his stock is soaring. Last week, he was even projected as a top-three pick to the

Comment

Working...
                          X