• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    Traded down to 7 and it started strong thru Rd4 - then options seemed to just not fall my way …

image.png
    LOL. That’s the draft ain’t it. General managers have it tough since their entire competency is based on getting lucky one weekend a year.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Just a friendly reminder that Joe Hortiz participated in the drafting of undersized but talented Tyler Linderbaum @ #25 in 2022. Linderbaum, with technique and core strength keys the vaunted Ravens running attack.

Linderbaum was PFWA All Rookie in 2022 and Pro Bowler in 2023.

Now I project a Travis Frederick-Frank Ragnow type to the Chargers. Former behemoth Ravens Center Ryan Jensen went to the Bucs and immediately instilled an ornery attitude leading to a Super Bowl win.
      That's why I make damn sure I grab one of JPJ,Frazier,or Van Pran in all of my mocks.I also try and grab Christian Jones in later rounds to compete with Pip at RT.Build a wall for Herb!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I think JPJ can move up into the first if he continues to have a really good draft process. He reminds me of Frank Ragnow. Ragnow was not projected in the first until late in the process, and he’s been really good, just dinged up throughout his career.
        I remember the arguments: Ragnow vs Billy Price.
        It didn't surprise me a bit when Ragnow went in the 1rst.

I don't think JPJ is quite the prospect, although he is very good.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
          Day One...
          • Mar 2019
          • Brentwood, 94513
          • Send PM

If we can come out of the draft with the center and a d tackle, I’d be ecstatic

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Screenshot_20240210-230325_Firefox.jpg

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                If we can come out of the draft with the center and a d tackle, I’d be ecstatic
                I think JPJ goes late first round. I think we have to take Frazier at 37 to get our center. Though Van Pran coud be there in 3rd.

Comment

• Icebolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2023
                  • Send PM

I have another trade proposal. I'm not a GM so I'm free!
                  Trade #5 with Atlanta. Atlanta #8 and #43 ( or Pitts )
                  Then Trade #8 to Green Bay. GB #25, #41 and #58.
                  At #25 you get top OL available ( Horvits has a history of OL talent evaluator ).
                  #37 a CB
                  #41 top Center available
                  #43 DL- L. Taylor
                  #58 LB
                  YES, we are passing on BB or Nabers but pick up 5 potential starters including 2 on the OL.
                  Let me know what you think

Comment

• HB Chargers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
                    I have another trade proposal. I'm not a GM so I'm free!
                    Trade #5 with Atlanta. Atlanta #8 and #43 ( or Pitts )
                    Then Trade #8 to Green Bay. GB #25, #41 and #58.
                    At #25 you get top OL available ( Horvits has a history of OL talent evaluator ).
                    #37 a CB
                    #41 top Center available
                    #43 DL- L. Taylor
                    #58 LB
                    YES, we are passing on BB or Nabers but pick up 5 potential starters including 2 on the OL.
                    Let me know what you think
                    I am good with trading down for more picks, but not sure why Atlanta and GB do this. If the top 3 QBs are gone, Atlanta would really have to love a guy to give up their 2nd to move up a few spots (maybe Alt or Fashanu). But there is a lot of OT depth in this draft. Similarly for GB, that is a lot of draft capital to give up for a non-QB. And there isn't a no-brainer D player to come get that high.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by HB Chargers View Post

I am good with trading down for more picks, but not sure why Atlanta and GB do this. If the top 3 QBs are gone, Atlanta would really have to love a guy to give up their 2nd to move up a few spots (maybe Alt or Fashanu). But there is a lot of OT depth in this draft. Similarly for GB, that is a lot of draft capital to give up for a non-QB. And there isn't a no-brainer D player to come get that high.
                      New England has said that they will draft the best available player @#3. That could very well be Marvin Harrison Jr. Most people feel that MHJ is better than Jaylen Daniels. If MHJ goes @#3, then Cards might draft Nabors or Odunze. If/when that happens, there could be several teams that want into #5 to get QB Jaylen Daniels.

If it is 3 QB's that go in the #1-3 spots, then the trade-back becomes difficult. Maybe Chicago (@#9) trades up if they really like Nabors or Odunze...? Bears have weak WR's after DJ Moore. If Bears take QB Caleb Williams with the #1 pick... they should try to get him some more weapons.
                      OLineCentric

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

New England has said that they will draft the best available player @#3. That could very well be Marvin Harrison Jr. Most people feel that MHJ is better than Jaylen Daniels. If MHJ goes @#3, then Cards might draft Nabors or Odunze. If/when that happens, there could be several teams that want into #5 to get QB Jaylen Daniels.

If it is 3 QB's that go in the #1-3 spots, then the trade-back becomes difficult. Maybe Chicago (@#9) trades up if they really like Nabors or Odunze...? Bears have weak WR's after DJ Moore. If Bears take QB Caleb Williams with the #1 pick... they should try to get him some more weapons.
                        Think our trade options at 5 likely determined by the Cardinals.
                        They could be the ones trading down with a team coming up for Daniels. They have lots of holes to fill.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Think our trade options at 5 likely determined by the Cardinals.
                          They could be the ones trading down with a team coming up for Daniels. They have lots of holes to fill.
                          Could be. Alt, MHJ...?
                          OLineCentric

Comment

Working...
                          X