• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

FWIW, Jeremiah has us taking Odunze in his first mock. He said Odunze is his favorite player in the draft.

Daniel Jeremiah 2024 NFL mock draft 1.0: Bears, Commanders, Patriots, Saints pick quarterbacks
    Yep. We are aligned on this one.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
      Since Balboa Stadium
      • Sep 2022
      • LA
      • Send PM

Ask yourself. What is harder to get? A receiver or a pass rusher? There are receivers floating around every year in free agency. Pass rushers? No.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
        Since Balboa Stadium
        • Sep 2022
        • LA
        • Send PM

I love a standout WR...the Chargers have a history of them and that's what we have always loved about them...starting with Alworth to JJ to Keenan...but times have changed. If the QB has no time to throw the ball a great receiver does not matter..so I think you gotta build the team from the inside(OL and DL) out...add the "top 10" receivers last after you have that.

Ravens kind of did that. For a long time I used to think, the Ravens have no receivers...then they started drafting some speed burners there. Look at Philly...supposed to have the best OL/DL's in the league..very easy to add some WR to that... yeah to me its kinda boring like watching paint dry...but it pays off IMO.

Receivers are probably the least valuable players on the team. And I hate to say that. But their are a ton of guys out there who can get open and catch a ball. Supply and Demand.

Ah...forgot Gary Garrison. The coolest.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
          I love a standout WR...the Chargers have a history of them and that's what we have always loved about them...starting with Alworth to JJ to Keenan...but times have changed. If the QB has no time to throw the ball a great receiver does not matter..so I think you gotta build the team from the inside(OL and DL) out...add the "top 10" receivers last after you have that.

Ravens kind of did that. For a long time I used to think, the Ravens have no receivers...then they started drafting some speed burners there. Look at Philly...supposed to have the best OL/DL's in the league..very easy to add some WR to that... yeah to me its kinda boring like watching paint dry...but it pays off IMO.

Receivers are probably the least valuable players on the team. And I hate to say that. But their are a ton of guys out there who can get open and catch a ball. Supply and Demand.

Ah...forgot Gary Garrison. The coolest.
          Ravens didn't have good receivers for a time.

They drafted some busts like Torrey Smith, Tanden Doss, Breshard Perriman, Miles Boykin, Devurney, Marquise Brown had been ok and traded and Bateman who I liked hasn't been that great ...and injured often.

They have drafted TEs in the first, second and third rounds that haven't worked out.
          So they have drafted well over time but they have had some whiffs too.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
            Since Balboa Stadium
            • Sep 2022
            • LA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ravens didn't have good receivers for a time.

They drafted some busts like Torrey Smith, Tanden Doss, Breshard Perriman, Miles Boykin, Devurney, Marquise Brown had been ok and traded and Bateman who I liked hasn't been that great ...and injured often.

They have drafted TEs in the first, second and third rounds that haven't worked out.
            So they have drafted well over time but they have had some whiffs too.
            You get whiffs with receivers...any Chargers come to mind? Anyway...Ravens have some decent guys now...but of course its not their forte.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post

You get whiffs with receivers...any Chargers come to mind? Anyway...Ravens have some decent guys now...but of course its not their forte.
              Every possition has whiffs. First rounders as well.
              Our GM just wasn't good at finding good ones in the mid rounds.

Hope the new GM does but he is stuck with our scouting staff unless he brings in new ones.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

not gonna be surprised if Harrison falls into our laps, as for some reason see Odunze as pairing/matching up w/Kyler Murray really well.... ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

not in the pass catcher camp, albeit do think Nabers is a better fit than the others, as see him lining up in the slot between QJ 'n Palmer.... ??

he also seems to be more of a longterm Keenan replacement.... ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

re: the trade down scenario/possiblity.... still thinkin' that NO is the most likely candidate.... would they trade up for a wideout, and given that the top 3 QBs are off the board ??

@14 all WRs are off the board
                    is Byron Murphy off the board ??
                    is Laiatu off the board ??
                    is Jer'Zhan Newton worth taking ahead of the others there ??
                    is Fuaga still on the board @14 ??

still leaning pass rusher over pass catchers and Oline....

think WR/CB is a big bad mistake round one.... need a pass rusher/Dline disruptor round one.... thinking SB.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Jeremiah has Fuaga @10, Byron Murphy @11.... that's my lean @5 for us.

personal suspicion is that Taliese is a need pick, and that Murphy could well be BPA ??

Latu, Jer'Zhan, Verse & Trice all seem to be falling off....

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        Jeremiah has Fuaga @10, Byron Murphy @11.... that's my lean @5 for us.

personal suspicion is that Taliese is a need pick, and that Murphy could well be BPA ??

Latu, Jer'Zhan, Verse & Trice all seem to be falling off....
                        He also has Bowers going #15 to the Colts. There will be some good talent should the Chargers decide to trade back. I wouldn't go to far back though.
                        Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
                        REC: 10
                        YARDS: 133
                        TDS: 3

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

He also has Bowers going #15 to the Colts. There will be some good talent should the Chargers decide to trade back. I wouldn't go to far back though.
                          don't know so much 'bout Murphy, but really think that pass catcher/DB is just more Chargers football, and.... still harken back to our SB run.... we had a defense.... you could not run on us.

Laiatu & Jer'Zhan have had the lead (for me) for most of this draft season, and.... no one had Byron Murphy coming out, and.... now he has.

if we draft back 2 back Texas tackles.... won't be shedding any tears.

Comment

Working...
                          X