• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBad
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Who knows what his source is and who knows if even valid with new GM and coach but....

In the Chargers building they love Brock Bowers

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

There was a team in recent history that did this......I mean all you're doing is increasing your chances on getting "hits".
      Miami ?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
        Who knows what his source is and who knows if even valid with new GM and coach but....

In the Chargers building they love Brock Bowers

John Boy is the source - if I were to wager

Comment

• BigBad
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

John Boy is the source - if I were to wager
          Well the Chargers have watched Kelce destroy them for a while now so I understand wanting a Tight End like that.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Well the Chargers have watched Kelce destroy them for a while now so I understand wanting a Tight End like that.
            He would be my choice if they are picking at 5. Even over MHJr

Comment

• BigBad
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He would be my choice if they are picking at 5. Even over MHJr

I want Nabers myself but here is something to consider. We have a max-paid QB and if we had to choose between a WR or TE this draft and knowing they both would be great. The best TE's are cheaper than the best WRs.

Tyreke Hill got a $30 million year deal
              Kelce makes $15 million a year.

Comment

• sequoia2075
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2024
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Nabors probably too, but i could live with Odunze who is a stud at 8 and and extra 2nd.
                In the scenario where we trade down with Atlanta for #8, one of Alt/Bowers/Nabers would definitely be there. That's why I think trading down to that particular spot is so attractive. Obviously that totally depends on Atlanta actually wanting a QB.

Comment

• sequoia2075
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2024
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                  I don't see how Laiatu Latu isn't in consideration for the fifth pick by most here. He's listed between 6-4 and 6-5 and 265 pounds. He's had 23.5 sacks, 34 tackles for loss, and five forced fumbles the last two seasons. He won the Ted Hendricks and Lombardi Awards this season. He also led the nation with 64 pressures this season. The major concern with him is the neck injury he had while at Washington, but he was cleared medically at UCLA and has been dominant ever since.

Why can't we consider him with the fifth pick? Because he doesn't play offense? Because mock draft experts who have never worked in the NFL don't have him going in the top five?

Here's one that has Brock Bowers going 12th, three spots behind Latu: https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/20...jayden-daniels

Here's another one, which has Brock Bowers going 14th and Latu 27th: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...th-top-10-qbs/

These "experts" are all over the place.

I love Latu but this is such an important pick for this franchise.. Drafting a dude #5 overall who was medically retired at one point absolutely scares the crap out of me

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I want Nabers myself but here is something to consider. We have a max-paid QB and if we had to choose between a WR or TE this draft and knowing they both would be great. The best TE's are cheaper than the best WRs.

Tyreke Hill got a $30 million year deal
                    Kelce makes $15 million a year.
                    I kind of see it this way -- if the talent level is close for Nabers and Bowers from a grading standpoint
                    look at the depth of the WR class v TE class

My guess - the combo of say Bowers + 3rd Round WR >>> Nabers + 3rd Round TE

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      I go with history and say Bowers isn’t selected early. I see him going in the 10-14 range. And I am seeing him in mocks going as late as 18 now.
                      Wet dream come true for board members...Trade down a few spots for an additional second rounder and still get Bowers...everyones happy!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sequoia2075 View Post

I love Latu but this is such an important pick for this franchise.. Drafting a dude #5 overall who was medically retired at one point absolutely scares the crap out of me
                        Yes...he will drop because of this...I'd rather roll the dice on Turner or Verse.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

There was a team in recent history that did this......I mean all you're doing is increasing your chances on getting "hits".
                          Yep. Look what the Browns did in the 2016 draft...now THAT'S some wheeling and dealing!:
                          • The Browns traded their original 1st round selection (No. 2) to the Philadelphia Eagles for the Eagles' 1st (8), 3rd (77), and 4th (100) round selections, as well as the Eagles' 1st round selection in 2017 and 2nd round selection in 2018.
                          • The Browns would then trade the No. 8 and its 6th round (176) selection to the Tennessee Titans for their 1st (15) and 3rd (76) round selections and a 2nd round selection in 2017.
                          • The Browns traded their 3rd (No. 77) and 5th (141) round selections to the Carolina Panthers for their 3rd (93), 4th (129), and 5th (168) round selections.
                          • The Browns traded their 4th round selection (No. 100) to the Oakland Raiders for their 4th (114) and 5th (154) round selections.
                          • The Browns traded their 7th round selection (No. 223) to the Miami Dolphins for their 7th round selection (250) and CB Jamar Taylor.
                          • ^As the result of a negative differential of free agent signings and departures that the Browns experienced during the 2015 free agency period, the team received three compensatory selections for the 2016 draft:[27] selection 138 in the fourth round, and selections 172 and 173 in the fifth round. Free agent transactions that occurred after May 12, 2015, did not impact the team's formula for determining compensatory selections for the 2016 draft.[28]
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_C..._Browns_season

Comment

Working...
                          X