• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'm under the impression that Slater is considerably more athletic than Alt, and therefore better suited to LT.
    Ahhh.
    React.

A super left side would be able to create lots of room for the running game. Slater is a powerful run blocker.

Alt is top five in overall talent in the 2024 draft. Whether as a bookend or next door. Alt @ #5 with Slater would set us for quality OL play for years. Visualize that. Now what was everybody saying ? Criminy, there will be a very good WR available @ #37.

Vs the Raiders for example, Alt would hold up vs either Maxx Crosby or Malcom Koonce, whoever is lined up on the right side, let's say. Alt has long arms and power to deal with Maxx's elite game. But also, Alt has recovery technique and that same arm length to deal with elite speed from Koonce, in spite of B grade in mobility.

We are going to be looking at Alt or Nabors or Bowers or trade down in round one. That's it.
    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We are going to be looking at Alt or Nabors or Bowers or trade down in round one. That's it.
      Concur. I could also see Byron Murphy being a target after a trade down.

Comment

• AFboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2018
        • Balboa Park bench
        • Medical Simulation
        • Send PM

Ahhh.
        React.

A super left side would be able to create lots of room for the running game. Slater is a powerful run blocker.

Alt is top five in overall talent in the 2024 draft. Whether as a bookend or next door. Alt @ #5 with Slater would set us for quality OL play for years. Visualize that. Now what was everybody saying ? Criminy, there will be a very good WR available @ #37.

Vs the Raiders for example, Alt would hold up vs either Maxx Crosby or Malcom Koonce, whoever is lined up on the right side, let's say. Alt has long arms and power to deal with Maxx's elite game. But also, Alt has recovery technique and that same arm length to deal with elite speed from Koonce, in spite of B grade in mobility.

Shore up the line for Herbert, cool... Let me tell you how that will go.

Herbert has all day to throw!? No he doesn't... No oline is impenetrable. He still gets hurried or sacked because he has to take longer to find someone that can get open. Why? KA is double teamed, MW is injured, and we refused to draft him a quality TE in the first round.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Shore up the line for Herbert, cool... Let me tell you how that will go.

Herbert has all day to throw!? No he doesn't... No oline is impenetrable. He still gets hurried or sacked because he has to take longer to find someone that can get open. Why? KA is double teamed, MW is injured, and we refused to draft him a quality TE in the first round.
          We all have seen video where Herbert locks in on a double teamed Keenan with others wide open.

With a little more time (as opposed to "all day") to throw, Herbert can accimplish a lot more.

IMV insisting on Bowers is more of a style preference. Nabers is awfully good too.

I go with Everett, Parham, Smartt, and draft one of the remaining WRs at #37.

Did you hear that Mark Andrews will be back for Lamar vs KC, AF ?

Just what I needed, more talking points for the Brock Boyz.
          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

We all have seen video where Herbert locks in on a double teamed Keenan with others wide open.

With a little more time (as opposed to "all day") to throw, Herbert can accimplish a lot more.

IMV insisting on Bowers is more of a style preference. Nabers is awfully good too.

I can't agree on the TEs, Bowers or not. There is no way the Chargers can trot out he same lack luster group of TEs again. No one there can block for one thing, a non starter with Harbaugh

Comment

• AFboltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2018
              • Balboa Park bench
              • Medical Simulation
              • Send PM

Everett (likely gone), Parham, and Smartt are sub par... Yea, Lamar is going to have one of his most reliable weapons back. We need to give Herbert one and draft oline in the 2nd or 3rd.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Ahhh.
                React.

What if Slater don't like being moved to OG when it's getting close to resigning him? He may say adios not getting that LT money.
                Slater allegedly played in two sprained ankles but not sure how true.

Harbaugh will get this OL going.
                Your last sentence is likely true. I'm just going with Bowers

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What if Slater don't like being moved to OG when it's getting close to resigning him? He may say adios not getting that LT money.
                  Slater allegedly played in two sprained ankles but not sure how true.

Harbaugh will get this OL going.
                  Your last sentence is likely true. I'm just going with Bowers
                  Slater is a stud and great left tackle, despite an injury plagued off year buy his standards. You don't move him anywhere. Can Alt step in an be an ALL PRO tackle his first year? No guarantee he is near as good as Slater in the pros.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Slater is a stud and great left tackle, despite an injury plagued off year buy his standards. You don't move him anywhere. Can Alt step in an be an ALL PRO tackle his first year? No guarantee he is near as good as Slater in the pros.
                    ...Our you could trade pick 5 to move down to maybe pick 18 and pick up a 2nd and 3rd which could allow us to draft a natural RT in Fuaga and maybe a combo of players like DT Sweat ( a huge moster for the middle) OC Johnson Powers and RB B. Allen! All these players seem like Harbaugh type players and could fill a lot of needs?

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Salyer is our RT. Not sure why anyone is considering another solution, it’s like wanting Allen to be TE cuz we’re thin there.

C and G are the concerns. Address those spots instead of creating more question marks (and will McFadden be in the mix at guard?).

Also Pipkins can take a salary reduction and stay on as swing tackle, or be cut as there are much cheaper options for that, especially factoring in the “all tackles get beat at times” apologia I keep seeing for him lol.

Draft some beef!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

...Our you could trade pick 5 to move down to maybe pick 18 and pick up a 2nd and 3rd which could allow us to draft a natural RT in Fuaga and maybe a combo of players like DT Sweat ( a huge moster for the middle) OC Johnson Powers and RB B. Allen! All these players seem like Harbaugh type players and could fill a lot of needs?
                        Yes those are good thoughts, we have many needs.

Johnson Powers would be a good get, big center over 300 lbs. Allen looks good too.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'm under the impression that Slater is considerably more athletic than Alt, and therefore better suited to LT.
                          I am not convinced that Alt or Fashanu are really a Top 5 talent. There’s a long trail of OTs drafted way to high just because of positional value - just ask the Raiders. I think this is the year to focus on interior with less costly picks but hey - what do I konw. Trust In Jim, he will.

If Harbo takes Alt, I’ll know I’m wrong. Fashanu’s rep is that he is weak in run blocking - thats not Harbaugh’s guy imo if true. Again, … trust …

I could easily see a C and OG in Rds 3-5, Salyer compete with Pip at RT. He can be rid of Pip after this year if he doesn’t perform
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X