• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

If it's GM Horitz they go with... Baltimore found good value @TE with Mark Andrews in the 3rd round... and Isaiah Likely in the 4th round.
    OLineCentric

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Still gonna be Bowers at 5, 8 or 10.
      Bowers at 8 trading back would be ideal!

My goal is 8 picks by Round 5 and 6 picks by Round 4

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yep. DT's and LB's. He loves his LB's. Colson and Jenkins would be perfect draft targets.
        Instead of Tranquill, maybe the other Michigan LB, Barrett...?
        I wont assume he will draft a lot of his guys but who knows. Im going to assume he will draft who he thinks are the best players and it wont neccessarily be guys from Michigan. Im sure there are others he tried to recruit that went else where that he likes....like Bowers.

He loves TEs and im sticking with him as our first rounder. He tried to recruit Bowers.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I wont assume he will draft a lot of his guys but who knows. Im going to assume he will draft who he thinks are the best players and it wont neccessarily be guys from Michigan. Im sure there are others he tried to recruit that went else where that he likes....like Bowers.

He loves TEs and im sticking with him as our first rounder. He tried to recruit Bowers.
          Absolutely! Best players for your system. Using draft position to obtain more picks (more needs and more depth) could also be a wise strategy... a strategy TT didn't use. Depth has always been a problem since TT was here. I'm ready for a new draft strategy. I'm ready for trenches.

You have to ask yourself... why did Bowers flee Michigan to hook up with Kirby Smart...? IMO, he made the wise move. Georgia offense way more dynamic than Michigan's these last few years.
          OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Absolutely! Best players for your system. Using draft position to obtain more picks (more needs and more depth) could also be a wise strategy... a strategy TT didn't use. Depth has always been a problem since TT was here. I'm ready for a new draft strategy. I'm ready for trenches.

You have to ask yourself... why did Bowers flee Michigan to hook up with Kirby Smart...? IMO, he made the wise move. Georgia offense way more dynamic than Michigan's these last few years.
            I dont care why...all i know is Harbaugh tried to recruit him. He wont have a choice if he is drafted lol. And Smart used Two TEs often as well with Bowers and Washington.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

We are not drafting any player who Doesn't want to play for Jim and the Chargers...we have all the time in the world to vet the players...
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Hmm JH and his staff were intrenched in recruiting/scouting and playing against these draft prospects. Man I wonder what JH's big board looks like.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Alt-Slater-Zion-Salyer-Pipkins

end thread.
                  Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2018
                    • Balboa Park bench
                    • Medical Simulation
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

end thread.
                    Are you saying Slater moves to left guard, Zion becomes C, and Pipkins stays at RT?? You're nuts... puff puff pass.

/reopens thread

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      JH3 and Me
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Like having a super premium TE is the secret sauce for playoffs...? I think it helps but man there are just too many other factors to add in that it could be coincidence. Andy Reid retiring because of no Kelce in the future?

There is no one-player secret sauce other than Franchise QB. Bowers would be a great pick, but not the only great pick possible. I get some think a different pick might be better, but I still don't understand that they don't see this is also a significant team upgrade option.

Chargers have not had an above average TE for over a decade:

- Fair to decent receiver but couldn't block a turtle lumbering thru a narrow fence gate
                      - Horrible receiver but only an average blocker
                      - Horrible receiver AND a horrible blocker

thats been our TE's since Henry - and Henry was just better than avg but not elite.

The fact is true that every remaining team, and I think all 8 teams last week, have a better TE than LAC. No its not the magic bean one-step answer to all problems. Its a valuable piece.

Bowers is faster than every TE still playing. He has velvet soft secure hands, and runs excellent routes - he has a more fully developed route tree than most TEs coming into the league and he runs them all very well. He is a class mismatch weapon: Can outmuscle quick DBs and can outrun larger LBs. He can bout outmuscle AND outrun almost all Safeties. He plays with the exact toughness that personifies the Harbaugh way, he'll pound little DBs into the turf just for laughs. He is an excellent inline blocker and an excellent blocker in space. He checks every box and is the complete TE weapon and a very good draft option.

Everett is a FA. are we resigning him? He's not a good blocker, he doesnt fit the Harbaugh scheme well. Parham is a continual "maybe next game" breakout that is not happening, but he also is a sub-average blocker. Harbaugh wants to be able to run big packages with a TE that the defense has to watch in both directions - is he going to block or is he going to run a route? Bowers can play every down of every formation, from 1st and 10 to 2nd and 15 to 3rd and 4 to 4th and 1. Everett and Parham cannot (or should not).

Does that do more to improve Offense than Nabers, or an OT? beats me - I trust in Jim.

I think Andy Reid will retire, if he does, because he's killing himself physically. Look at the dude - he does not look well, he cannot handle the constant long hours of stress strain and grind that is required to be a top HC for much longer. Is it this year, one more year ... ??? ... but its soon. Hes achieved greatness, he really doesn't have anything left to prove imo - does he want to wait for the job to literally kill him? jmo, I doubt he's a quitter because of any TE.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        JH3 and Me
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Are you saying Slater moves to left guard, Zion becomes C, and Pipkins stays at RT?? You're nuts... puff puff pass.

/reopens thread

I'm not tracking what Wu is laying down there either
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

end thread.
                          I'm under the impression that Slater is considerably more athletic than Alt, and therefore better suited to LT.

Comment

Working...
                          X