• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We could trade down twice and still get good players at #14-18...keep collecting 2nd rounders...
    Not sure I'd go that far. Starting to sound a bit like Belichick. The analysts were proud of him for all that trading down, didn't work out so well.

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sequoia2075 View Post

I was really hoping Penix would have another strong showing in the championship game for that exact reason. Unfortunately he had the exact opposite. Just need to hope he has a really strong combine/workout season. It does seem like every year QB's tend to end up higher on mock drafts in March/April than they do in January. So I do have some hope that more interest builds leading up to the draft.
      Yup, the combine can change a lot. What happened to Bo Nix? At one time he looked like a sure fire top 10 pick?

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Not sure I'd go that far. Starting to sound a bit like Belichick. The analysts were proud of him for all that trading down, didn't work out so well.
        Sorry, I was looking at Fleets mock draft where they have Nabers and Coleman going at #14-15 plus Verse going at #21....
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Sorry, I was looking at Fleets mock draft where they have Nabers and Coleman going at #14-15 plus Verse going at #21....
          Nothing is impossible. The Niners traded away 3 1st rounder to get a QB who really never saw the field. On the other hand we've seen
          5th-7th rounders become pro bowlers. 14-15 is not that bad, but better get the right GM, HC making the right decisions. That's way more
          important.

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

These TV analysts are funny sometimes. I remember a few days after we drafted Mouton (originally was graded as a poor pick), analysts were praising AJ Smith for a savvy pick that fell under the radar.

Truth is your savvy token draftnik on forums such as the illustrious PowderBlues Forum (shoutout to Fleet) has as good of a hit/miss ratio as these analysts let alone real analysts on NFL teams. .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              JH3 and Me
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Now compare the 5th pick to the 8th pick

I am not trading out of the top 10 for sure and really 8 seems fine with me.

Plus the Chargers need a lot. If they stay at 5 and get Bowers or even Nabers or Alt - thats fine. But depending on what happens that day, they shuold be prepared.
              8 for a couple Day 2 picks, or maybe next year's 1 ... they are trading up for a QB - nobody gives that much trade stock to get a position player (well, almost never). so before we pick, only 2 of the following players would be taken:

Bowers
              Nabers
              Odunze
              Alt
              Fashanu (sp?)
              Koolaid (i'd consider him at 8 now)
              Latu (I wasnt aware of his prior injury retirement issue?)
              ... etc...

Scratch off your favorite 2 - would you be ok with whats left if given another 2 and 3, or ?

All depends on the offer made ...

NYG desperately need a QB and they are at 6. They can risk that we don't trade out to someone else, or they can offer us to be certain and get the remaining QB they want. Are they done having fun with no QB yet?
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

These TV analysts are funny sometimes. I remember a few days after we drafted Mouton (originally was graded as a poor pick), analysts were praising AJ Smith for a savvy pick that fell under the radar.

Truth is your savvy token draftnik on forums such as the illustrious PowderBlues Forum (shoutout to Fleet) has as good of a hit/miss ratio as these analysts let alone real analysts on NFL teams. .
                Well if your Mike Mayock, you like every pick. Didn't work out as GM.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

8 for a couple Day 2 picks, or maybe next year's 1 ... they are trading up for a QB - nobody gives that much trade stock to get a position player (well, almost never). so before we pick, only 2 of the following players would be taken:

Bowers
                  Nabers
                  Odunze
                  Alt
                  Fashanu (sp?)
                  Koolaid (i'd consider him at 8 now)
                  Latu (I wasnt aware of his prior injury retirement issue?)
                  ... etc...

Scratch off your favorite 2 - would you be ok with whats left if given another 2 and 3, or ?

All depends on the offer made ...

NYG desperately need a QB and they are at 6. They can risk that we don't trade out to someone else, or they can offer us to be certain and get the remaining QB they want. Are they done having fun with no QB yet?
                  I think they would rather trade up to Chicago's first overall pick if the Bears choose to keep Justin Fields. Or the Giants could trade for Justin Fields. I don't see Daboll wanting to reach for Penix, Bo Nix, J.J. McCarthy, or any other so-called first-round quarterback after Caleb, Maye, and Daniels. But...things could change, and I wouldn't be surprised if Daniels is still available at the fifth pick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

NYG paid Daniel Jones 40 mil a year. I don't think they are desperate or they wouldn't have paid him.

If they draft another QB and try to trade Jones, I'm not sure anybody would want him for that price, let alone give a pick for him.

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Can't see any team wanting to trade for Jones, and especially not at that salary. But next season is the only one where he has guaranteed money, so don't rule out them grabbing a QB and keep Jones for another year. Trading down to 6 should be risk free for the Chanrgers though.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        JH3 and Me
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        NYG paid Daniel Jones 40 mil a year. I don't think they are desperate or they wouldn't have paid him.

If they draft another QB and try to trade Jones, I'm not sure anybody would want him for that price, let alone give a pick for him.
                        Daniels had a reg season rating of 70. They sure did pay him, that doesn’t mean they didn’t fuck up. I’m ok with them denying it another season and sucking longer but its inevitable.

Every Daboll fanboy in TPB, and there’s a many, insist he’s a great coach and it’s only his QB that has denied him the rep deserved. I agree his QB sucks, still waiting on that if-not but greatness part but thats just me.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ThatSinkingFeeling View Post
                          Can't see any team wanting to trade for Jones, and especially not at that salary. But next season is the only one where he has guaranteed money, so don't rule out them grabbing a QB and keep Jones for another year. Trading down to 6 should be risk free for the Chanrgers though.
                          Good point about Jones, maybe they do take QB. Chargers should be ready to pick at 5 but if three QBs go at the top, 1-2-3 - - MHJr will go to AZ at 4 (seems like a lock) - -Chargers could be open for business. Wheeling and dealing time!

Comment

Working...
                          X