• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My predictions for Bosa and Williams are at best pick swaps in 2024 - like a Chargers 6th + Bosa for a teams 5th. Williams is like a 7th for a 6th. Maybe they get more if they push the pick back to 2025 and see how each plays in 2024. And if they just get pick swaps - I am fine with it. If they get more, all the better. Like you said, the Chargers don't have leverage. Like the Broncos with Wilson - Broncos fans think teams will trade for him though he has 37m guaranteed coming due. Bosa and Williams actually have ZERO guaranteed money and they probably still don't ahve value.

The player with value is Khalil Mack - a team like Detroit could be a prime trade candidate as they need to upgrade that defense a bit now. Day 2 pick for Mack.
    Wel i think thats a low prediction for both. You wanted to trade MW last 2 years ago for a 4thor swap of him and a OL. You always low ball but thats ok. He is coming off of ACL but people love the guy and they love Bosa. It seems only us dont think our guys are very good. .....like posters not thinking much of Palmer.

Im not expecting a first but ill mention again...hate repeating it but Brandon Chubb brought a 1st, a 4th and a RB from Miami to Denver and he had injurys prior to it and is now hurt again with a ACL. But he was productive before he got hurt and a team on grass might think that will happen too with a change of scenery. However, Bosa does have the contract. Will teams will be willing to restructure it? Yes thats is the biggest obstacle but maybe Joey himself is willing to take less to go play elsewhere. He doesnt like the turf.

Seen guys be hurt on teams and move on and not be hurt. First to point to is D'Andre Swift. Always hurt in Detroit. Missed multiple games.

MW...hey when healthy he a very good. Same deal.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wel i think thats a low prediction for both. You wanted to trade MW last 2 years ago for a 4thor swap of him and a OL. You always low ball but thats ok. He is coming off of ACL but people love the guy and they love Bosa. It seems only us dont think our guys are very good. .....like posters not thinking much of Palmer.

Im not expecting a first but ill mention again...hate repeating it but Brandon Chubb brought a 1st, a 4th and a RB from Miami to Denver and he had injurys prior to it and is now hurt again with a ACL. But he was productive before he got hurt and a team on grass might think that will happen too with a change of scenery. However, Bosa does have the contract. Will teams will be willing to restructure it? Yes thats is the biggest obstacle but maybe Joey himself is willing to take less to go play elsewhere. He doesnt like the turf.

Seen guys be hurt on teams and move on and not be hurt. First to point to is D'Andre Swift. Always hurt in Detroit. Missed multiple games.

Bosa has been pretty unhealthy for two years running

Williams is coming off the ACL, the back injury and even another injury in 2022

I just don't see the value when combined with the fact - teams know the Chargers probably release them if they don't trade them.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I was thinking a 3rd and 4th round picks for MW. Or just a 2nd.

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Odunze over Nabors?
          For me yes. I know the whole Nabers is Jamar Chase thing is going around but i just like Odunze a little more. I think he might be able to get up high a little more. They are really close with me. I see so much Keenan in Rome. And with a more amplified skillset. Bigger...faster...more vert. No way Keenan is gone. And with Keenan still eating DBs up...Rome would absolutely feast. I like all 3 WRs from Washington.

I have always been smitten with big targets at my #1 guy. And QJ is not big to me. That height is nada. He is a small football player the way he plays. And even he says that. That kid needs so much work just to be a #2. Id rather he continue to learn from Keenan another year...and just get Keenan and Rome out there. Or Harrison. That is death.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

MW is coming off an ACL. Nobody is going to touch him until they see him healthy, and certainly not with his contract. If we want cap relief we'd have to cut him.
            We may be able to get something for Bosa.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
              MW is coming off an ACL. Nobody is going to touch him until they see him healthy, and certainly not with his contract. If we want cap relief we'd have to cut him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                JH3 and Me
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

A MW trade would likely have a conditional physical …
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yep...not only that, but our trade partner might also insert a rider such as: "The Chargers shall be entitled to our 2025 seventh round draft pick upon passing physical exam AND if M. Williams is able to be fully healthy to play a minimum of 14 games in the 2024 season. If the minimum game number is not reached due to injury and/or other reasons, the 7th round draft pick shall be forfeited."

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He won't be ready by the start of the season. Probably sometime during the season. So I don't think trading him before the new season starts will be an option.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2023
                      • Send PM

He won't be ready by the start of the season. Probably sometime during the season. So I don't think trading him before the new season starts will be an option.
                      Yeah. Crap.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

They can do that but have to be under the cap before the new league year in March. So if they can do that without cutting him, then fine. Hopefully they get a much more creative GM than Telesco was. He sucked at these things.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                          I just saw a mock on CBS that had both Daniels and Penix go in the top 8 along with Williams and Maye. The game is afoot and these QB horny teams are going to pump these guys into the top 5 by April. This doesn't even include McCarthy if he comes out early. The combine always creates paper superstars at QB so let this year do it's thing. #5 will be a hot spot.
                          Yep...let's play hardball...if I'm trading down from #5 to #8-10 or so, I want:

1. Next year's Round 1 pick
                          2. This year's Round 2 pick
                          3. Ask for this year's Round 3 pick, but settle for a 4th rounder
                          4. Throw in next year's Round 4 pick and you've got a deal!
                          5. All this in addition to this year's #8-10 overall, of course...

("Oh, hold on, the phone's ringing on line 8...")

Cha-CHING!

Comment

Working...
                          X