• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    If we trade down just THREE slots to #8 overall, we should pick up an extra mid-2nd rounder...some QB-hungry team may also overpay and throw in an extra 4th rounder as well...only negative is we may lose out on Bowzer or Alt...I also like those HIGH 2nd and 3rd rounders we have...

image.png
    Nabors probably too, but i could live with Odunze who is a stud at 8 and and extra 2nd.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post

Probably.

KA's great — maybe the best route runner in the league. But there are a lot of miles on those tires. And I think the likelihood of Aiyuk being a top-tier WR1 for the next 3-5 years is much higher than Allen's.

Now I would love KA being a WR2 or a co-WR1 for us the next couple of years — but doubt we could afford that.
      You could also draft Nabors, who is expected to be better than Aiyuk and pay him rookie contract while in cap hell. Most scouts feel Nabors would be top WR in many NFL drafts that don't have Marvin.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

LOL...I swear you guys don't know what ACTUAL weapons are!

TDs of 50 yards or more

Tyreek Hill - 21 NOT INCLUDING kick or punt returns in 124 games
        jamar Chase - 9 in 45 games
        Justin Jefferson - 3 in 60 games

chambers - 7 in 153 games
        V jackson - 4 in 155 games
        Floyd - 3 in 121 games
        Gates - 3 in 236 games
        Allen - ZERO in 139 games
        Williams - 4 in 88 games
        H. Henry - ZERO in 88 games
        Melvin Gordan rushing or Receiving - 3 in 112 games
        Ekeler - 3 in 103 games

Look at Chase and Jefferson compared to ALlen and WIlliams....What a complete joke. People around here act like Allen and WIlliams are Hall of Famers because they don't understand what REAL GAME CHANGERS look like.
        your own data says Jefferson has 3 and Williams has 4. are you gonna share whatever you're smoking? I agree Jefferson and Chase are bigger threats. but your data comparing JJ to MW is stupid, its exactly the same.

BTW - are you saying Gates was not a game changer because he didn't have more 50 yard receptions? did you ever see him play in his prime?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Nabors probably too, but i could live with Odunze who is a stud at 8 and and extra 2nd.
          I like Bowers probably more than any player in the draft. But, I also know this team needs more than one player to get to where they need to go. Now if they stay at 5, get Bowers or Nabers, thats not a bad thing. But if you can get three picks in the first 69 or 6 picks in teh first 110 - that is building something. And who knows, could possibly one of those extra seconds into another pick. Chargers need so much everywhere

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

You could also draft Nabors, who is expected to be better than Aiyuk and pay him rookie contract while in cap hell. Most scouts feel Nabors would be top WR in many NFL drafts that don't have Marvin.
            Exactly right! Bowers or Nabors at 5 would be awesome too.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              JH3 and Me
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Exactly right! Bowers or Nabors at 5 would be awesome too.
              Bowers. Nabers (guys, there's no O in his name). Alt. These are all fantastic picks. I'm on the Bower Bus but will be happy with any of them
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Bowers. Nabers (guys, there's no O in his name). Alt. These are all fantastic picks. I'm on the Bower Bus but will be happy with any of them
                Agree with all of the above. Cannot go wrong with any.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Still would prefer 2/4 of course -- but depending on teh first four picks - the above might be workable.
                  you could ask for a next year's third instead of the this year's fourth ??

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Thanks must have been thinking about Jim!

Bowers, Nabers, Alt in that order for me. But what about Fashanu also. He sounds big, powerful and more athletic than Alt. Very quick on his feet.

Comment

• BigBad
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

your own data says Jefferson has 3 and Williams has 4. are you gonna share whatever you're smoking? I agree Jefferson and Chase are bigger threats. but your data comparing JJ to MW is stupid, its exactly the same.

BTW - are you saying Gates was not a game changer because he didn't have more 50 yard receptions? did you ever see him play in his prime?
                      I'm 49. I saw every game Gates ever played. Of course, he was a game-changer. But RB and WR freaks impact the game more than TE freaks. That's why some are adamant about not taking Brock Bowers.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                        If we trade down just THREE slots to #8 overall, we should pick up an extra mid-2nd rounder...some QB-hungry team may also overpay and throw in an extra 4th rounder as well...only negative is we may lose out on Bowzer or Alt...I also like those HIGH 2nd and 3rd rounders we have...

image.png
                        Wait a minute...that #8 pick can still field us more picks though? Then again #8 is a happy medium.

Comment

• Tbone33101
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

I’m all for trading down within the top 10 if the opportunity exists but it seems there are 3 qb’s who are rated at the top and the top 3 draft slotted teams need qb’s…so even if Chicago say decides to hold on to fields they likely trade out again. Seems to me unless something unexpected happens the qb’s will likely go 1 2 and 3 be it by those teams or trades. Not sure 5 is going to be the best position unless penix has a combine that moves him into play for Atlanta…seems likely we hold and take either a tackle/bowers/top WR available

Comment

Working...
                          X