• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Jeremiah thinks many teams will have Nabers as WR1 in this draft class. So maybe the report about Hortiz saying Nabers is the best WR prospect he has seen - might not be that far off.

Still prefer a trade back but big play WR at 5 would be good as well

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Coaching matters. Having an elite D matters. Having a running game matters. Depth matters. Herbert is not perfect and can better but swap him and Mahomes last year and the Chargers still have a losing record and KC is still in contention for a SB.
      We will never know but I think we’re actually much better with Mahomes. His ability to avoid pressure and make something out of nothing is amazing. I don’t think he wins the SB but he’s at least 50/50 maybe sneaks into the playoffs in the WC. I do agree herbs under Reid in that offense should be able to win the SB.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
        Jeremiah thinks many teams will have Nabers as WR1 in this draft class. So maybe the report about Hortiz saying Nabers is the best WR prospect he has seen - might not be that far off.

This team needs deep threats. For the play action game to work like Harbaugh wants it to you have to be able to threaten the deep ball. Nabors does just that and instantly makes Harbaugh offense more respectable. Maybe they see someone later in the draft they prefer but in today’s game where the passing game is king, they need to not neglect it.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

WR Steve Smith compared Nabers game to Picaso! I wouldn't be mad one bit if we drafted him...

Comment

• eaterfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Not to be too conspiratorial, but I'm not buying it. Hortiz isn't going to leak out his actual thoughts and everyone reading what DJ says about top prospects is going to assume it came from the Chargers. He works for the Chargers and worked with Hortiz in Baltimore.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Sounds like the 'Fade are in talks with both us and the Redskins about moving up - even a possibility of a 3 way trade. This is from Popper in a mock draft article today:

5. Los Angeles Chargers: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

The Chargers had the framework of a deal in place with the Raiders to trade down to No. 13, but that fell through when the Vikings moved up to No. 3. The Chargers continued to discuss plans with the Raiders, even adding the Commanders into the equation — the Chargers would have moved to No. 13, the Raiders to No. 2 and the Commanders to No. 5. But the three sides could not work out a return that landed the Chargers a 2025 first-round pick. (The only option offered was a 2026 first-round pick.) So, the Chargers stayed at 5 and took Nabers, a potentially game-breaking receiver who will fill a big need with the departures of Keenan Allen (traded to the Bears) and Mike Williams (cap casualty). — Daniel Popper

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                Sounds like the 'Fade are in talks with both us and the Redskins about moving up - even a possibility of a 3 way trade. This is from Popper in a mock draft article today:

[/I]

The trade with the Patriots and Vikings - I want that for the Chargers dangit!

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

[/I]

I'm totally good with this scenario! LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Not to be too conspiratorial, but I'm not buying it. Hortiz isn't going to leak out his actual thoughts and everyone reading what DJ says about top prospects is going to assume it came from the Chargers. He works for the Chargers and worked with Hortiz in Baltimore.
                    I've noticed that over a period of years in his various pre-draft mocks, Daniel Jeremiah typically does not name players for the Chargers that the team is ACTUALLY considering. Understandably, Jeremiah would be taking this approach to protect his relationship with the team. If he gave any REAL shit away, they'd never tell him ANYthing!

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I've noticed that over a period of years in his various pre-draft mocks, Daniel Jeremiah typically does not name players for the Chargers that the team is ACTUALLY considering. Understandably, Jeremiah would be taking this approach to protect his relationship with the team. If he gave any REAL shit away, they'd never tell him ANYthing!
                      Either that or he's flabber gasted by their machinations behind the scenes and is being sarcastic with their attempts to do something else that is ill advised to do in the first place. In other words he's saying Stick and Pick if nothing else looks better!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Typically, DJ doesn't have trades in is early mocks. He usually waits till the night before the draft. Most of the time he nails the trades. The fact that he has 2 trades in one of is early mocks is telling. The trade with the Chargers and Jets is probably being discussed but if the comp is what he said I would be pissed. There are a lot of teams that want to trade up for a QB but I think there will be some that will want to trade up for one of the top 3 wrs.
                        Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
                        REC: 10
                        YARDS: 133
                        TDS: 3

Comment

• bman6555
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Interesting story from Cbs and makes for a realistic path where we get an awesome bonus for helping the Vikes get a QB

Step 1:
                          Trade #5 to Vikes for 11, 23 so they can grab McCarthy (3 QBs go first followed by MHJ)

Step 2:
                          Trade #11, 37 to Giants for #6. Overpay for the #6 slot, but Giants can't turn this down.

Net result: We still get a top WR (Nabers), and our #37 gets upgraded to #23.

Comment

Working...
                          X