• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

I'm starting to think Chargers might trade down with the Viks and pick up JJ and then draft Bowers. I know, sounds crazy but think it can happen.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• CTrout
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Vikings have 2 1st round picks now

Comment

• SK21209
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2020
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

For the love of God, no more trade back talk. Stay at 5, take the elite WR prospect and be grateful you had the opportunity to do so. I already wanted to stay at 5 and take Nabers/Odunze, but now that we have no legit receivers (Palmer is a high-end WR 3 IMO) I absolutely want to go that route. The argument was we needed to accumulate more picks to fill holes, well now we have $23 million extra cap space and an additional pick just outside the Top 100. Do not pass up on Nabers or Odunze.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

This forum is gonna totally implode when they don't trade down, draft a right tackle at #5, and head into training camp with Palmer & QJ the top wideouts

When you hire an old school 80's "run the ball, control the clock, & play good defense" type coach don't be surprised when they do old school 80's things.

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Vikings look to move into the top 5 for sure, but I'd be very hesitant to trade all the way back to 11 and miss out on any of the big 3 WRs. I feel with the release of MW and the KA trade they simply cannot go into the season without a real WR and that needs to come through the draft. Stay at 5 or only trade down to 7 or 8, and grab the best WR left.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
              This forum is gonna totally implode when they don't trade down, draft a right tackle at #5, and head into training camp with Palmer & QJ the top wideouts

When you hire an old school 80's "run the ball, control the clock, & play good defense" type coach don't be surprised when they do old school 80's things.
              We're gonna throw. Herbert and LA was the draw. Showtime will be aggressive R / P. Keep D's off balance. MHJ, Nabers, Odunze or Bowers at 5. C in 2nd.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

I don't even think Harbaugh and Hortiz are this stupid...Quality receivers in open market are $25+ mil now and we have a chance at getting one at a discount.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                  For the love of God, no more trade back talk. Stay at 5, take the elite WR prospect and be grateful you had the opportunity to do so. I already wanted to stay at 5 and take Nabers/Odunze, but now that we have no legit receivers (Palmer is a high-end WR 3 IMO) I absolutely want to go that route. The argument was we needed to accumulate more picks to fill holes, well now we have $23 million extra cap space and an additional pick just outside the Top 100. Do not pass up on Nabers or Odunze.
                  but we have so many holes...

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

but we have so many holes...
                    ...And 9 picks, something like $28 M cap space for FA.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

to Marvin or not to Marvin ??

still not gonna be surprised if we go RT @5,

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I don't even think Harbaugh and Hortiz are this stupid...Quality receivers in open market are $25+ mil now and we have a chance at getting one at a discount.
                        I hear you but look at all the things they’ve said and then look at Detroits rebuild things they said and what they did under Campbell.

The 2 teams are similar in that they brought in head coaches who preached a “tough, physical attitude, running the ball, winning the line of scrimmage
                        etc”

Detroit was in a very similar situation that first year with the exception of Qb. They had no receivers, already had a good left tackle, pretty decent oline overall, and many holes all over the roster.

They went right tackle now all the sudden they’re the #1 offense in football with slapdicks and castoffs at wideout and a castoff at qb.

I think they follow Detroits model build in the trenches first then worry about the hero ball later.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          to Marvin or not to Marvin ??

still not gonna be surprised if we go RT @5,
                          I would be VERY surprised !
                          Especially if MHJ is there.

Comment