• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Not true at all. When you are talking about a top 5 pick and potential QB you can throw the draft chart out the window. Teams have paid a boat load to move up not to just draft a QB but WRs as well. I'm not even sure teams use the draft chart anymore anyway.
    Correct. That's why trading #5 for a boat load makes sense. After that why would you trade down again? And how does that net you extra quality picks?
    We are not a team that is loaded and can take a chance on guys in the later rounds. You do that for a team that is loaded and is looking to get a
    diamond in the rough. We need starters at various positions. Beyond round 2 those become harder to get.

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Correct. That's why trading #5 for a boat load makes sense. After that why would you trade down again? And how does that net you extra quality picks?
      We are not a team that is loaded and can take a chance on guys in the later rounds. You do that for a team that is loaded and is looking to get a
      diamond in the rough. We need starters at various positions. Beyond round 2 those become harder to get.
      This is just my personal opinion, but I think there are several good players in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rnds that could help the Chargers, at a minimum they would provide much needed depth. So, if they can pick up more early to mid rnd picks the better. BTW, I'm not suggesting the trade back to the back end of the 1st. I would like to see them stay in the top 10-12. They can still get a blue chip player there and add more draft picks to help bolster the roster.
      1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
      2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
      3a- #66 Puni OT
      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
      4a- #105 Rice WR
      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
      5- #140 Green CB
      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Yeah, but we need starters, like a lot of them.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

This is just my personal opinion, but I think there are several good players in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rnds that could help the Chargers, at a minimum they would provide much needed depth. So, if they can pick up more early to mid rnd picks the better. BTW, I'm not suggesting the trade back to the back end of the 1st. I would like to see them stay in the top 10-12. They can still get a blue chip player there and add more draft picks to help bolster the roster.
          That's not the argument at all. I agree we trade down but try to stay top 10 or 12. Now you got your extra 2nd or 3rd round picks. Stick with that. Why trade down again?
          It's not going to do us any good. Starters is what we need. Those are usually found in rounds 1-3. Beyond that it's a crap shoot.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

That's not the argument at all. I agree we trade down but try to stay top 10 or 12. Now you got your extra 2nd or 3rd round picks. Stick with that. Why trade down again?
            It's not going to do us any good. Starters is what we need. Those are usually found in rounds 1-3. Beyond that it's a crap shoot.
            Yes, but you can make it less so with careful shopping. Certain positions you can still find some gems and reduce it to a 50/50 chance of success. Also, you can find some solid rotational players there as well.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

I think we agree. I'm suggesting the Chargers could trade with the Giants and then trade back again with Falcons. This all depends on how the first 4 picks go. The QBs are not the only positions that are in play for a trade.
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

I think we agree. I'm suggesting the Chargers could trade with the Giants and then trade back again with Falcons. This all depends on how the first 4 picks go. The QBs are not the only positions that are in play for a trade.
                The Giants would only make that trade for a QB and in desperation. They would have to give up a 2nd rounder at least. After that not sure the Falcons would trade up.
                But it's a good analogy. Arizona a big key. Do they go for a QB? If so maybe we stick to #5 and take Harrison.

In any case this is turning out to be the most interesting draft since AJ traded Manning.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

The Giants would only make that trade for a QB and in desperation. They would have to give up a 2nd rounder at least. After that not sure the Falcons would trade up.
                  But it's a good analogy. Arizona a big key. Do they go for a QB? If so maybe we stick to #5 and take Harrison.

In any case this is turning out to be the most interesting draft since AJ traded Manning.
                  Yeah I agree. I'm just spit balling scenarios that could happen. I just know that teams fall in love with players and crazy stuff happens. I do think a lot is going to depend on what happens with the 1st 4 picks.
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• BigBad
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The chart says that OTs have a lesser percentage of reaching All Pro status than G, C, S and LB. But OT has a higher All Pro rate than all other listed positions.
                    19% and 15% is a joke. The point is all of it is a crap shoot.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Or...they sit tight and draft One of the remaining three if they have them available. We might get a third if they have a preference for one of the remaining three QBs.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Or...they sit tight and draft One of the remaining three if they have them available. We might get a third if they have a preference for one of the remaining three QBs.
                        They could sit tight or they could trade up to ensure they get the QB they want. I only see them doing this if they have a higher grade on one of the QBs then the others.
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

word has it that Az would def draft MHJ if he's on the board for them @4, and which means that the either of JJ or Jayden will be on the board, facilitating a trade down if Trader Joe so wishes it....

Comment

Working...
                          X