Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Hmmm..

JPJ is a perfect fit for all the Power Roman wants to run.
    An elite OC prospect to play directly in front of Herbert?
    yup, sign me up.
    Similar to Bowers where you go from weakness to strength, JPJ does the same.

I can't think of 15 better prospects specifically for us.
    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Are there any LT available this year that are comparable to Sewell?
      It's a nice class for sure, but it lacks a true alpha, no Sewell's in this year's crop...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I’d be good with trading back a couple times to get more picks. You’ll have one of the top CBs there and I also think JPJ is going to keep climbing the boards through the process. With C being the top need, I’d probably be ok with that pick around 15. In doing that, you get the #1 C in the draft and a good amount of picks in the middle rounds where there is going to be a ton of value this year. I did hear a snippet that JPJ has some kind of injury. It didn’t slow him down at the Senior Bowl. If that is cleared and have no worries about, I’d be good with JPJ at 15.

They might get some push back with that pick, but so did the Lions last year when they took Gibbs and Campbell in the 1st. Look at what those two did last year for the Lions.

No matter what, I trust what Hortiz and Harbaugh are going to do.
        It makes sense to trade back for a few different reasons...one of which is all the holes that fucking TT left on this roster! the other is that this year there are some decent QBs that'll be pushing some of the top tier guys down a few spots, also the 1st tier guys are not going to be graded that much higher than the 2nd tier guys this year, it's a good draft to fill needs because a lot of guys in the top 30-40 players are kind of interchangeable...we'll have a clearer picture after the combine when the medical stuff comes out...things are going to shift...
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Here is the NFL draft slot salaries for every round but with particular interest for #5 to #8

If we trade back with ATL to #8, get a pick or two, we also save 10 mil on Bowers entire contract. Id call that better value and well worth it.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/
          Wow...that #5 total value is $32 mil...#15 is $16 mil, so about half that...with all the Bolts $$$ issues, trading down also makes sense from a cap point of view...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            Hmmm..

JPJ is a perfect fit for all the Power Roman wants to run.
            An elite OC prospect to play directly in front of Herbert?
            yup, sign me up.
            Similar to Bowers where you go from weakness to strength, JPJ does the same.

I can't think of 15 better prospects specifically for us.
            Telesco's way
            Select Bowers with your first (easy choice)
            Give your 2nd and 3rd to grab JPJ (mortgage your futur)

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
              Romeo Oudeunzie is Larry Fitzgerald.

Remember they said he couldn’t run fast. Remember they said he wouldn’t be able to out run defenders?

How that work out????

Hall of fame Career Gold Jacket.

When you look at How Oudenzie makes his jumps positions himself to catch the ball. That’s Larry Fitzgerald.

Hes a technician. He’s a perfectionist.

And he’s got elite catches.

Dont Draft Robert Gallery over Larry Fitzgerald cause you want that right tackle. Ask the Oakland Raiders how that worked out.

Cause Robert Gallery from Iowa was as can’t miss as any tackle in the NFL draft.
              Or we could end up taking Keyshawn Johnson over Jonathan Ogden if we draft a wide receiver instead of an offensive tackle in the first round. Keyshawn was as can't miss as a wide receiver as anyone, going first overall in the 1996 NFL Draft. Ask the New York Jets how that worked out.

Meanwhile the Baltimore Ravens were considered foolish for taking Jonathan Ogden over Terry Glenn and Lawrence Phillips when they already had a left tackle who had been their starter since 1991--Tony Jones. Ogden played left guard his first season.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Are there any LT available this year that are comparable to Sewell?
                Penei Sewell might be the best offensive lineman in the NFL right now. That's a lot to ask of any rookie to match him.

I'm not a scout, but I think Alt or Fuaga could be very good-to-great right tackles.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Or we could end up taking Keyshawn Johnson over Jonathan Ogden if we draft a wide receiver instead of an offensive tackle in the first round. Keyshawn was as can't miss as a wide receiver as anyone, going first overall in the 1996 NFL Draft. Ask the New York Jets how that worked out.

Meanwhile the Baltimore Ravens were considered foolish for taking Jonathan Ogden over Terry Glenn and Lawrence Phillips when they already had a left tackle who had been their starter since 1991--Tony Jones. Ogden played left guard his first season.
                  You Bugging. Keshawn Johnson won a Super Bowl with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. While not a hall of famer he did take them to the AFC championship. So don’t act like he didn’t do shit.

Fitzgerald took the Cardinals to a Super Bowl and Is a Hall of famer. Robert Gallery was out the league and a bust.

So the Raiders are the Raiders because they took Robert Gallery over Larry Fitzgerald and Jamarcus Russell over Calvin Johnson.

So don’t act like receivers don’t matter that’s two hall of famers.

Shit I would’ve took Jonathan Ogden over Terry Glen and Lawrence Phillips to.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

You Bugging. Keshawn Johnson won a Super Bowl with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. While not a hall of famer he did take them to the AFC championship. So don’t act like he didn’t do shit.

Fitzgerald took the Cardinals to a Super Bowl and Is a Hall of famer. Robert Gallery was out the league and a bust.

So the Raiders are the Raiders because they took Robert Gallery over Larry Fitzgerald and Jamarcus Russell over Calvin Johnson.

So don’t act like receivers don’t matter that’s two hall of famers.

Shit I would’ve took Jonathan Ogden over Terry Glen and Lawrence Phillips to.
                    I think it's ridiculous that you're saying it's a lock that we would be taking Robert Gallery over Larry Fitzgerald if we choose Alt over Odunze. That's why I brought up the Jets taking Keyshawn Johnson, a good receiver who made three Pro Bowls and never made All-Pro, over Jonathan Ogden, a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Clearly the Jets made the wrong decision there. And Keyshawn was along for the ride with the Buccaneers, who were led by their defense featuring four Hall of Famers--Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, John Lynch, and Ronde Barber--and a dominant pass-rusher in Simeon Rice. Derrick Brooks had just as many touchdowns on fumble and interception returns, five, as Keyshawn had touchdown receptions that season. By the way, the 49ers traded up to take J.J. Stokes over Sapp and Brooks in the 1995 NFL Draft, so should those of us who don't want Odunze compare him to Stokes?

You want Odunze. That's great. He's an intriguing prospect. That doesn't mean Joe Alt has to be Robert Gallery to fit your reasoning to take Odunze.

JaMarcus Russell over Calvin Johnson has nothing to do with this conversation.

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Obviously taking a bust over a half of famer is bad regardless of position. Any player can busy and any player can be a HOF, but, butt I think in the top 5-10 the chances of good player are higher than later and pretty similar for players in the same tier.

I think one important thing to remember is that WR is an individual position and OL is a group position. If Nabers, Odunze, Bowers, and Alt all reach their potential the pass catchers have the big advantage. If a pass catcher wins he's open and gives Herbert a target opportunity. If Alt wins he still needs 4 other guys to succeed or the play is a bust. Finding a guy who doesn't lose on OL is valuable, but being the best at one position on it doesn't confer a huge advantage on its own.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow...that #5 total value is $32 mil...#15 is $16 mil, so about half that...with all the Bolts $$$ issues, trading down also makes sense from a cap point of view...
                        so these trade downs are all for 2025 draft compensation? because you have to add the cost of signing additional picks received in 2024 draft in trade for the #5 into the mix...getting an extra second or a couple of thirds or whatever, it all adds up too, besides 32 mil is misleading, the way the #5 money would be going into the books it won't hit the 2024 cap at 32mil, it'll be a much smaller cap hit (5-7mil?) I'm not sure how much but it won't be the reason they trade down, in the days before the fixed rookie contracts, yes, in those days teams did trade out of those picks for cap reasons...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Telesco's way
                          Select Bowers with your first (easy choice)
                          Give your 2nd and 3rd to grab JPJ (mortgage your futur)
                          I'm so relieved that bullshit is over, TT was the most boring fucking GM when it came to the draft...he was all about the 1st pick, by the second and third rounds he didn't know what the fuck he was doing anymore...

Comment

Working...
                          X