Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    This could foil things a bit.

I'm starting to have draft envy here. Chicago with three first rounds inside the top ten. This should be considered highway robbery! LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm starting to have draft envy here. Chicago with three first rounds inside the top ten. This should be considered highway robbery! LOL!

They probably wouldn't get a top 8 pick for Fields - but they might get the Falcons pick at the top of R2

Comment

• Icebolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Maybe he is. I'm 61 and I'm the same height. Harbaugh looks a little bow legged now.so maybe but Bowers still looked a couple inches taller, not just 1...and Harbaugh had a hat on.

We'll see soon enough. I don't care if he is 6'3". ..doesn't sway me.
        Will our entire draft analysis of Bowers total one photo? I need a life!

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

They probably wouldn't get a top 8 pick for Fields - but they might get the Falcons pick at the top of R2
          Not sure that's a good deal for the bears getting only a second rounder for fields. The Falcons would have to use two high picks to move up to #5 or even #3 with patriots. Deal has to be attractive to both teams.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Not sure that's a good deal for the bears getting only a second rounder for fields. The Falcons would have to use two high picks to move up to #5 or even #3 with patriots. Deal has to be attractive to both teams.
            I'm not convinced the market would be higher than that for Fields - but it only takes one team for them to cash in.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm not convinced the market would be higher than that for Fields - but it only takes one team for them to cash in.
              Is Field’s a game manager? With all those weapons, he’s gonna need to bring his brains.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

They already overdrafted Daniel Jones, under a different general manager and head coach. I think Daboll and Schoen are smart enough to not let that happen again.

We could have other trade-back options, with possibly the Jets wanting to move up for Joe Alt or another team falling in love with one of the wide receivers. I don't know this for sure, but I imagine Hortiz is wanting to trade back, so my bet is he will if the opportunity comes.
                We could keep trading back until we have the entire 7th round to ourselves. Think how amazing that would be with all those picks. We would almost be guaranteed to not get a star but we would have the average Joe market cornered which is what many here want.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

We could keep trading back until we have the entire 7th round to ourselves. Think how amazing that would be with all those picks. We would almost be guaranteed to not get a star but we would have the average Joe market cornered which is what many here want.
                  Dammit...I gotta have my 32 bags of doritos!

Comment

• SK21209
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2020
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

My preference is still to stay put at 5 and take Nabers, Bowers or Odunze because I think they're all blue-chip prospects and weapons Herbert can really on for the next 8-10 years. But I'm getting more comfortable with the trade-back scenario too. For one, I think there's a chance Bowers is still there at 8 or even the early teens. Arnold would be a home run in a trade-down scenario too, I haven't really dug into the other CB prospects yet. But most of all, I just trust Harbaugh/Hortiz with whatever decision they make. That's not something I've been able to say about the Chargers leadership for quite some time.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

They arent getting a first for Fields.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

Will our entire draft analysis of Bowers total one photo? I need a life!
                        And if you post any more photos showing different you get criticized by the Nabers crowd while they use that one to criticize Bowers lol. Typical Chargers forums.

Comment

• eaterfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Agreed.

He hasn't shown much, granted he's been in a terrible situation, but his play hasn't warranted a high pick. Additionally, a huge advantage of a first round QB is the cap savings on the rookie contact. Girls already had 3 of his 4 really cheap years gone and the team would have to pick up his 5th year option before he takes a snap for them.

Right now it's basically the potential of Fields vs Nix, McCarthy, or Penix because Fields really hasn't shown enough to be a near lock to be better than them. And those guys have 3 extra cheap years.

Comment

Working...
                          X