• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Two effective blocks, and one block where he employed the matador blocking technique on two players.
    This, over the course of a game. A good blocker does that on most plays .... not occasionally.

Both blocks btw helped spring tds.
    Don't want to admit you were wrong and always have to be right even when you see it! I know the type! It's ok believe what you want! Carry on.

Does he have the ability to make effective blocks or not?!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Here you go!!!

Only a brief mention of the big 3: was somewhat Leery about Odunze because of his 'lack of competition'.
      He'll go into them next week.

Talked about some good receivers not being good fits for the teams that draft them, or their college team.
      Thinks the North Carolina receiver should have stayed in school, or transferred.

Really liked Leggette and Malachi: his comp for Leggette was D.J. Metcalf - 'but better'.

Pressed if he meant better now, or better as a prospect: did not answer.

He didn't like Adonai Mitchell.
      Worthy was a body catcher .... but not completely down on him.
      That is a great video and info. I agree with much of it as I don't care for Mitchell or the FL st WR Wilson either.

Rice does run hard. He plays fast. I really like Brenden Rice. And he also likes Roman Wilson a lot. I think he could be on our radar with the connection.
      ​​
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-18-2024, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Looking for tape on Joe Alt against good teams. Found condensed tape of Alt against Ohio State this year.
        He did okay ... but it was hardly a clean game on his end. He had trouble with #44 (JT Tuimaloau) and his bull rush early, but settled down in the 2nd half to handle him.
        The one time he had to handle speed, he lost containment on a run play.

One DT just rag dolled Alt, throwing him to the ground when Alt lined up on the opposite side.
        He's outstanding in handing off people, but his tendency to get moved back into the qb against college players is unsettling.
        How will he handle speed + power? Your guess is as good as mine. He'll have a few bumps starting out.

I have Nabers graded clearly higher.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Don't want to admit you were wrong and always have to be right even when you see it! I know the type! It's ok believe what you want! Carry on.

Does he have the ability to make effective blocks or not?!
          Its not like i don't want to draft Nabers - I'm just trying to be objective.
          Stange thing about our society in that self criticism of your position is frowned upon, you have to toe the line and agree with all the nonsense.

Brock Bowers by the way is a teeny-weeny midget tight end; Alt just begs for NFL power rushers to push him into the qbs lap all game.

My opinion about Nabers is that he generally is not a willing blocker. Can he get better - of course.
          I suppose that's okay, provided all the other things he brings to a team.

Some internet dude dredges up 2 good blocks in the course of a game, and cites a 3rd as another example of good blocking, which it wasn't,
          and I'm supposed to giddily clap and demand they draft Nabers.

But the argument is moot. If Nabers is a good blocker, he'll most likely be the Chargers choice.
          If he steam rolls dbs and even linebackers, creating big play opportunities, I'd be all for it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Here's an example of what a good blocking wide receiver can do.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Stange thing about our society in that self criticism of your position is frowned upon, you have to toe the line and agree with all the nonsense.

Brock Bowers by the way is a teeny-weeny midget tight end; Alt just begs for NFL power rushers to push him into the qbs lap all game.

My opinion about Nabers is that he generally is not a willing blocker. Can he get better - of course.

Some internet dude dredges up 2 good blocks in the course of a game, and cites a 3rd as another example of good blocking, which it wasn't,

But the argument is moot. If Nabers is a good blocker, he'll most likely be the Chargers choice.
              If he steam rolls dbs and even linebackers, creating big play opportunities, I'd be all for it.
              Way wrong answer! No one is talking about the pundit who made the video or society, or even to draft Nabers! The fact of the matter Is to point out Nabers blocking ability as the issue not to draft him high is ridiculous!

In regard to Bowers it's being reported he is approximately 6'4 240, if correct he's exactly 1 inch shorter than Travis Kelce and weighs 10 pounds less! You consider that a teeny weeny TE and you don't think he could eventually put on 10 pounds as he matures?

Dalton Kincaid is 6'4 240 also is he teeny weeny too?!

Lastly to insinuate Alt isn't a top prospect and a weak OT is laughable! I get it you're in attack mode but be real...

Were you the same poster that made the snide comment when I compared WR Xavier Legette to DK Metcalf a few weeks ago, because today I saw footage of WR Steve Smith making the same comparison? Might not of been you, but still!
              Last edited by electricgold; 02-18-2024, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

He is the same size as Isiah Likely and Kincaid. LaPorta is 6'3", 245, Engram is 6'3", 240, Everett is 6'3",240, I'm sure there are more...so,.....Interesting take there.

Eyes are decieving you

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Just saw this. If it happens then maybe easier to get a 2nd from ATL if they want to trade up. One of those 3rds becomes a 2nd is how I'm seeing that?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Or....not lol

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He is the same size as Isiah Likely and Kincaid. LaPorta is 6'3", 245, Engram is 6'3", 240, Everett is 6'3",240, I'm sure there are more...so,.....Interesting take there.

Eyes are decieving you
                      That was a joke Boltjolt.
                      It's the I am in the draft Nabers fan club, so I'll go over board in criticising the other options and over hype my personal fav flourish.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

That was a joke Boltjolt.
                        It's the I am in the draft Nabers fan club, so I'll go over board in criticising the other options and over hype my personal fav flourish.
                        Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Here's an example of what a good blocking wide receiver can do.

Heinz Ward is a very different type of receiver from Nabers. Ward was a "tough as nails" possession receiver. Nabers is a speedster.

Also, the video you chose is a free blind-sided block (almost a cheap shot, which are think are now illegal on interception returns), not the best example of a receiver making the tough blocks.

I get the point you are trying to make about Nabers (he can't / won't block), but him and Ward are apples and oranges.

Comment

Working...
                          X