• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Can't believe everything you read! I've SEEN that as a matter of fact Nabors' blocking is exceptional and one of his strengths!
    I've watched him against Missouri.

His blocking is basically going out on patterns, even against zone defenses.

He attempted one block that I could see, missed almost completely .... just got enough to get a holding call.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
      Bucky Brooks says that Rome Odunze is battling Marvin Harrison, Jr. to be the first wide receiver taken. He says it's closer than most people think. He doesn't really say much about Malik Nabers.

Does he really know what he's talking about? I guess we'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bou1uayj5TQ
      I don't know. I get the impression that Bucky Brooks talks to NFL team scouts, and they influence his opinions - and the scouts can't be trusted.

What does mighty mouse Steve Smith say or Jerry Rice?
      Last edited by powderblueboy; 02-18-2024, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Here you go!!!

Only a brief mention of the big 3: was somewhat Leery about Odunze because of his 'lack of competition'.
        He'll go into them next week.

Talked about some good receivers not being good fits for the teams that draft them, or their college team.
        Thinks the North Carolina receiver should have stayed in school, or transferred.

Really liked Leggette and Malachi: his comp for Leggette was D.J. Metcalf - 'but better'.

Pressed if he meant better now, or better as a prospect: did not answer.

He didn't like Adonai Mitchell.
        Worthy was a body catcher .... but not completely down on him.
        Last edited by powderblueboy; 02-18-2024, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

they would be crazy to continue to bet on Fields after all this time and not take advantage of what may be their only shot at #1 in the next decade - especially when they still have another Top10 pick for a stellar non-QB player. I see the opposite but its anyone’s guess for now.
          I don't know, the players seem to like him and he showed improvement toward the end of the season. He needs weapons and protection. I guess another scenario would be they stay put at #1 and take WR.
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

#7 is Tennessee and they are kinda in the same QB situation as the Bears with Fields. If Titan's/Callahan think Levis can make the leap then QB is not a need. They could either go WR to give him a tgt or they could go OT to protect him. Both are needs for the Titans.
            Titans need a LT pretty bad.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

I don't know, the players seem to like him and he showed improvement toward the end of the season. He needs weapons and protection. I guess another scenario would be they stay put at #1 and take WR.
              Have to think that-- if the Bears don't take Caleb Williams 1st overall-- they'll trade out of the pick and get a boatload of draft capital for doing so.

No reason to stay at #1, if you don't want to draft the player who is pretty much unanimously considered the top talent in this class.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

the last time these two teams worked out a trade it worked out well for the both teams...I refuse to believe that the Giants fire Daboll without giving him a chance to get HIS guy at the QB position, so much depends on what Chicago decides to do...they could really screw things up for the chargers if they trade Fields, because Fields would be a cheap trade option for a lot of QB hungry teams that are in position to trade with the Chargers...
                Do you accept Fields (for a 2nd?) instead of trading up for Jayden Daniels?
                You could use that 2nd and next years first (at most) to trade up.

Fields possibly is a lesser version of what you already have.
                Fields will get you fired ... what do you care that you spent your first pick on an OT to be groomed by someone else.

Its like throwing a party and buying some really, really cheap beer.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Have to think that-- if the Bears don't take Caleb Williams 1st overall-- they'll trade out of the pick and get a boatload of draft capital for doing so.

No reason to stay at #1, if you don't want to draft the player who is pretty much unanimously considered the top talent in this class.
                  But you have 3 qbs to chose from.

You don't like all three, trade out ....... Fields continues to suck and 2 of those 3 become stars.

You'll be asked to walk the plank if you are a GM.

One of the main reason GMs miss out is because they don't want to take chances .... they do the safe thing.

Picking one of the top 3 and packaging Fields is the safe thing.

By this time, they know what they have in Justin Fields.

One training camp was all Andy Reid needed to say that Mahomes was going to be a Hall of Famer.
                  Still sat him out that year.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I've watched him against Missouri.

His blocking is basically going out on patterns, even against zone defenses.

He attempted one block that I could see, missed almost completely .... just got enough to get a holding call.
                    At the risk of my repeating myself please watch what he did in this game breakdown footage and then tell me he's not a good blocking WR!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Their Oline is young and solid .... it will only get better.
                      They drafted an LT last year.

Harrison Jr. would be the choice if they don't trade out, or select a qb.
                      That's a possibility.

In that case, one of the big 3 will fall to #4, and Arizona doesn't need a qb, or does need one but are locked in with Murray. .

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Titans need a LT pretty bad.
                        Well if they give us their 1st, 2nd & 3rd they can draft one!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

At the risk of my repeating myself please watch what he did in this game breakdown footage and then tell me he's not a good blocking WR!
                          Two effective blocks, and one block where he employed the matador blocking technique on two players.
                          This, over the course of a game. A good blocker does that on most plays .... not occasionally.

Both blocks btw helped spring tds.

Comment

Working...
                          X