• Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Bowers and Nabers are my fun picks

But if the team needs to go OT - I get it. Build that Oline, get a running game

Just prefer getting OT at 8 or 11 and not 5. I am being greedy. At 5 I want Bowers or Nabers
    Nabers, higher ceiling.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Nabers, higher ceiling.
      Truly - open to either as long as its at 8 or even 11

Time to get 10-12 draft picks - and not just 6th or 7th rounders

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Bowers and Nabers are my fun picks

But if the team needs to go OT - I get it. Build that Oline, get a running game

Just prefer getting OT at 8 or 11 and not 5. I am being greedy. At 5 I want Bowers or Nabers
        ditto for me. haha. I get it, trenches, trenches, but can we have ONE ferrari in the parking lot ???

Comment

• BigBad
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Not only is Bowers an elite complete tight-end, but he plays at the same high level on every single play game in and game out.

I LOVE THAT.

I’ve never seen anything like this from a tight end and I’ve seen some good ones over the past 40+ years.

Watch Georgia tight end Brock Bowers in eight games embedded into this article.
          Last edited by BigBad; 02-13-2024, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Truly - open to either as long as its at 8 or even 11

Time to get 10-12 draft picks - and not just 6th or 7th rounders
            Ideal: a double fake, we trade back a couple spots, then trade down again for even more picks, our first pick being JPJ. After that BPA, cuz holes everywhere. Top need addressed in the first round with a blue chipper, then like 8-10 more picks for everything else.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Ideal: a double fake, we trade back a couple spots, then trade down again for even more picks, our first pick being JPJ. After that BPA, cuz holes everywhere. Top need addressed in the first round with a blue chipper, then like 8-10 more picks for everything else.
              Works for me - so you think JPJ is more in the teens than top 10 pick?

The Chargers have so many needs -- - almost every position
              BackUp QB - more Free agent but still would draft one in later rounds
              RB
              TE
              WR
              OC and RT
              DL - after Center, the biggest need might be a true DT
              LB
              CB
              S

So my goal of 6 picks by R4 and 8 picks by R5 - just might not be enough

Comment

• northerner
                Charger fan since '79
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

you didn't get the TBP memo: we can't draft Bowers, there are too many holes.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

Works for me - so you think JPJ is more in the teens than top 10 pick?

The Chargers have so many needs -- - almost every position
                  BackUp QB - more Free agent but still would draft one in later rounds
                  RB
                  TE
                  WR
                  OC and RT
                  DL - after Center, the biggest need might be a true DT
                  LB
                  CB
                  S

So my goal of 6 picks by R4 and 8 picks by R5 - just might not be enough
                  I not to worried about the holes, they will be fixed between FA and draft. If they get rid of Bosa and MW and restructure Mack and KA they will get under the cap. Fox will likely be cut as well as a few other Chargers. They will have more than enough cap space to add FA.

Barkley could be added at RB and Hunter could be added at DE just to name a few. Need to do more research to see what DTs and CBs are available in FA but those two I mentioned would be solid additions. Kinda have to wait and see what Hortiz does with current FAs and roster to see what holes will need to be filled.

Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
                  REC: 10
                  YARDS: 133
                  TDS: 3

Comment

• BigBad
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

you didn't get the TBP memo: we can't draft Bowers, there are too many holes.
                    HAHA

I go back and forth with Nabers and Bowers. Obviously landing one of them after trading back would be ideal but how often does ideal happen in the draft?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I not to worried about the holes, they will be fixed between FA and draft. If they get rid of Bosa and MW and restructure Mack and KA they will get under the cap. Fox will likely be cut as well as a few other Chargers. They will have more than enough cap space to add FA.

Barkley could be added at RB and Hunter could be added at DE just to name a few. Need to do more research to see what DTs and CBs are available in FA but those two I mentioned would be solid additions. Kinda have to wait and see what Hortiz does with current FAs and roster to see what holes will need to be filled.
                      Not sure the Chargers will have the FA money to sign both Barkley and Hunter. They still have to pay their draft class and fill other roster spots. Maybe if they move on from Mack will they have the money for a higher priced FA.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

HAHA

I go back and forth with Nabers and Bowers. Obviously landing one of them after trading back would be ideal but how often does ideal happen in the draft?
                        Nabers or Bowers, especially after a small trade back, is my vote.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

Nabers or Bowers, especially after a small trade back, is my vote.
                          My ideal scenario is moving from 5 to 8 with the Falcons

Falcons send the 8th pick in R1, 2024 3rd and 4th plus a 2025 4th or 5th for the Chargers 5th pick

Comment

Working...
                          X