• Show
Clear All
  • SuperChargedRodney37
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2024
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That is an interesting question
    Call it a hunch but I don't see a front office that is conscience of "Positional Value" investing $41 million dollars to find out if a Left Tackle can successfully play Right Tackle in a scheme he's never played before and is not the most physical Left Tackle in this draft to boot.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

Love Mike because they need that type of Slot/Nickel corner. I like the idea of going depth/developmental corner later in the draft because the Top of this draft severely lacks a True Day One outside CB1. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade for a true #1 corner or veteran after the draft.

I know a lot of talking heads are mentioning the Minnesota trade possibility but in my opinion, it's wasted air space because the Chargers don't have any leverage to make Minnesota give up #23 to them.
      Minnesota needs a starting QB. Harbaugh has been talking up JJ McCarthy. Bo Nix is seen as a mid/late 1st round pick... maybe a 2nd rounder. Same goes for Michael Penix... and he has injury history. Their #23 pick might be used as a flier on Nix/Penix... but JJ McCarthy is rated higher by everybody.

Cardinals are rumored to be a trade partner with the Vikings. But will they really pass on MHJ...? I doubt it.

The Chargers have leverage after the Falcons beat the Vikings out for Cousins in free agency.
      I think trading up to #4 would cost the Vikings additional picks they just can't afford to give away.
      Meanwhile, I think the Chargers would be willing to move back to #11 without asking for more than the #23 pick.
      OLineCentric

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Call it a hunch but I don't see a front office that is conscience of "Positional Value" investing $41 million dollars to find out if a Left Tackle can successfully play Right Tackle in a scheme he's never played before and is not the most physical Left Tackle in this draft to boot.
        That is one of the concerns I also have...I'd rather go with the known quantity...a REAL RT who is proven at that position...some of these position changes end up not working out...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Biggest need IMO is a LB. Knows how to cover and blitz. They say the position starts getting thin after the 3rd round. They did have a visit. Acknowledged. This is an area of disagreement. Fine. I wait til late, UFA. We got other fish to fry.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S62UQCU83XM
          Use code ATOZFILM50 to get 50% OFF your first Factor box and free wellness shots for life with any active subscription at https://factor75.com/atozfilm50In t...

2nd biggest need IMO is a DT. Someone to push the pocket on passing downs and provide pressure up the middle.
          Kris Jenkins knows the system. Ruke Orhorhoro is a player that is still ascending because he new to the sport. Leonard Taylor is another DT that can do many things in the run game and pressure. Jenkins is the main prospect of interest for me, with my big plan. @ #69 ? When Ben Herbert mentioned Chris Hinton being someone he had worked with at UMich, A light went off in wu's thick head. I see Hinton, Poona and Kris as starting rotation with decent talent level, as depth pieces continue to develop. Matlock is a gym rat. Tito and Okoye are hard working Africans. They are not there yet.
          00:00:00 - Michigan Wolverines vs. Washington Huskies, 09/11/202100:00:08 - Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Michigan Wolverines, 10/09/202100:00:19 - Maryland Terra...

Subscribe, Like this Video & Turn On Notifications!(↓↓ click show more ↓↓)Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justbombsproductions/Twitter: https://twitter....

MIAMI HURRICANES || LEONARD TAYLOR III HIGHLIGHTS---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------28 ...

3rd biggest need is CB. It was my 1st round target the last 2 years. Minter uses a lot of zone... so the prospects could be there in the 3rd round.
          Mike Sainristil is an obvious choice for knowledge of Minter's scheme. But I like the depth @CB: TJ Tampa, Kyree Jackson, Josh Newton, Andru Phillips. There should be a good one @#69 Slight disagreement here. Deane Leonard is pure Harbaugh in place style, feisty and physical. He's my sleeper. Our critical situation is, IMV, rectified with a Safety/Slot Corner Combo DB. I keep thinking it's Javon Bullard @ #37.
          The trade-back scenario lets us go defense @#23, #37, and #69.
          Everybody focussed on offense... but the defense has to be addressed... and addressed sooner than most people realize.
          Latu's visit reminds us that Khalil/Bosa are question marks in 2025.
          I want two trade downs. Gimme a little midround sugah for @ #23.
          Good stuff !
          I will clarify with my next roster build.
          It's always about the big picture and building blocks.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Latu's visit reminds us that Khalil/Bosa are question marks in 2025.
            I want two trade downs. Gimme a little midround sugah for @ #23.
            Good stuff !
            I will clarify with my next roster build.
            It's always about the big picture and building blocks.

Yea they definitely need some building blocks out of this draft.
            Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
            REC: 10
            YARDS: 133
            TDS: 3

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Yea they definitely need some building blocks out of this draft.
              Plenty to like about your Signature mock.
              Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

I'll let Andy find the scumbags (Hill & Rice).

On your massive search for Day 3 WR's you probably saw a lot of Day 1 and Day 2 busts along the way (Skyy Moore, MeCole Hardman, and Kadarius Toney included).

Maybe you saw that Hortiz said that he likes FA WR's, too. Maybe that includes the recently cut Marquise Valdes-Scandling? After fleecing the Great Andy Reid, maybe he'll sign for cheap.

Also, notice the Chargers visiting with Brendan Rice, Ainias Smith, and Anthony Gould... all Day 3 WR's.

If defenses want to put 8-9 in the box (hyperbole, I think)... then I would gladly take my chances with JP or QJ one-v-one, after play-action, and take a chunk... or see what a safety or LB thinks of Joe's former 1st round pick (Hurst).

But before we go down that road, you may want to check out the afore mentioned WR's...
                Brendan Rice

Ainias Smith

Anthony Gould
                NFL Wide Receiver Prospect Anthony Gould Highlights

Joe Alt is about as finesse as your posts.
                I'd love to see Fuaga "finesse" the AFC West every week.
                But, hey, maybe we should just wait for Plumpkins to develop... like Sam Tevi 2.0...
                Andy Reid should stick to scum bags.

Lots of day 1 and day 2 busts because there are expectations in those rounds.

No day 3 busts, only a few gold nuggets and tons of wooden nickels.

I"ve always like Brendan Rice .... suspect he doesn't make it to day 3.
                Ainias Smith would be redrafting Derrius Davis.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Interesting takes right Blue? It's like people can't see all the breadcrumbs the team has already showed. It's pretty obvious the 1st pick positionally and direction. Joe already assisted Pipkins when he added a 265lb inline blocking TE. Slater likes to be on an island and the team got a blocking TE on day one. Also, I can tell who hasn't watched hours of tape on Alt because it's obvious he not a fit both schematically and more importantly from a positional cost value perspective and Joe really cares about that from every move that has been made thus far.
                  For those of you who think Dissly was brought here to assist or protect Plumkins... this isn't true. He will do his own work on DE's, LB's and safeties. I leave you two videos. The first video shows how good he was in one-v-one run blocks. The second video shows how Greg Roman used his TE's to get the Raven's run game going. Take note of the RT (Orlando Brown Jr). He is asked to execute his own blocks (often down field) all on his own.

The Baltimore Ravens' offensive line suffered a rash of injuries in 2017, but that didn't keep their running game from being competitive. See how assistant coac

It's absolutely ridiculous to assume that bringing in Dissly means that his job is to help Plumpkins...

OLineCentric

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Funny how only the top OT in the draft can upgrade Pip, but any old day three dude can upgrade the WR room. Pip must be sooooo goooood, why even upgrade?
                    Who said only the top OT can upgrade, RT?
                    I will take Walter Rouse from Oklahoma who is currently going Rd5-7 in most mocks to unseat Pipkins. Or get a OG and put Salyer at RT. And if Pipkins can win the job, then we have better depth.

But the reason to get Joe Alt or another top OT is to really upgrade the entire OL. Now you have bookends and insurance at LT, plus depth.

​​​​​Bowers isn't going to impact the team as much.....and remember Jim said it's the OL everyone relies upon. Especially if you want to be a power run and play action offense.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

For those of you who think Dissly was brought here to assist or protect Plumkins... this isn't true. He will do his own work on DE's, LB's and safeties. I leave you two videos. The first video shows how good he was in one-v-one run blocks. The second video shows how Greg Roman used his TE's to get the Raven's run game going. Take note of the RT (Orlando Brown Jr). He is asked to execute his own blocks (often down field) all on his own.

The Baltimore Ravens' offensive line suffered a rash of injuries in 2017, but that didn't keep their running game from being competitive. See how assistant coac

It's absolutely ridiculous to assume that bringing in Dissly means that his job is to help Plumpkins...
                      I agree.
                      It's premature imagination to assume anything specific about Chargers play design in 2024. TE blocking will be used in a greater than token effort that we formerly saw.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2024
                        • Send PM

Minnesota needs a starting QB. Harbaugh has been talking up JJ McCarthy. Bo Nix is seen as a mid/late 1st round pick... maybe a 2nd rounder. Same goes for Michael Penix... and he has injury history. Their #23 pick might be used as a flier on Nix/Penix... but JJ McCarthy is rated higher by everybody.

Cardinals are rumored to be a trade partner with the Vikings. But will they really pass on MHJ...? I doubt it.

The Chargers have leverage after the Falcons beat the Vikings out for Cousins in free agency.
                        I think trading up to #4 would cost the Vikings additional picks they just can't afford to give away.
                        Meanwhile, I think the Chargers would be willing to move back to #11 without asking for more than the #23 pick.
                        Okay, In your scenario you're assuming the Chargers would actually pass on Nabors at #5. I think you are extremely underrated the value of Nabors to the team and what he provides.

As for your trade down scenario with the Vikings: Again, the Chargers have NO leverage period. The Vikings are balking at giving Arizona #11 and #23 and a 2025 1st right now. You believe they would give the Chargers #23 when this deal would have to take place while the Chargers are on the 15-minute clock.
                        The value of pick #5 is 1,700 points.
                        The value of #11 and #23 is 2,010 points.
                        That means the Vikings would have to overpay the equivalent of 310 points which is a late 2nd round pick. Even if you say the so called "Quarterback Tax" comes into play. You would still need leverage over the Vikings to pay that.
                        (Not happening) why because you would have to convince them that either the Raiders or Broncos are giving you a better package and that the Chargers are willing to give their Divisional foes a Franchise QB, all while passing on a Bona-fide Elite talent they would otherwise not have an opportunity to draft.
                        You can't use the threat of the Giants against them because the Giants would only give up a 3rd at best (70) or more likely a pick swap of #70 for #105.

Then you have to assume the Chargers would be willing to give up what would be their #2 player on their draft board (an Elite player) for a "potential starter at #11" and a player at #23 that they value so much they feel they can't get that value at #37 or later. **I highly, highly doubt the player at #23 in this draft is that much worse than the player at #37 or even #43 for them. (ie. Mike Sainristil @ 43)

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2024
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                          I agree.
                          It's premature imagination to assume anything specific about Chargers play design in 2024. TE blocking will be used in a greater than token effort that we formerly saw.
                          Any inline blocking TE will assist the tackle they line up against. This is done in Mutiple ways. If you don't think Dissly will absolutely chip block on a lot of passing downs before he releases on his routes, I'm not sure what to tell you. In fact, Hayden Hurst spoke about how in this office the First priority of the TE is blocking.

Comment

Working...
                          X