• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Finding defenders for Minter will involve recognizing that a lot of these explosive, athletic types are not the answer.

They get out of position, bite on double moves etc and that does not fit.

All must play the syztem.

I'm looking at Safeties that can come down to play Slot, and that is our biggest defensive need IMV.
    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Truly if you are passing up a top 5 pick - I like the idea of getting the second and third over pick 27
      granted you can always trade down from pick 27
      but this is the year to build up on rookies in rounds 2-4
      not too crazy where you keep trading back but I like the odds of getting more picks
      Look who was at the chargers facility today…

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Good thing this draft apparently has good DT prospects because damn!

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

If we stay at our picks, it’s probably best to get some combination of WR/CB/DT in the first three rounds.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Funny how only the top OT in the draft can upgrade Pip, but any old day three dude can upgrade the WR room. Pip must be sooooo goooood, why even upgrade?
            Also funny... that the Cardinals didn't re-sign their best WR... then traded away their #2 WR... only to trade away their opportunity to draft a "generational" WR in MHJ @#4.

Oh but wait... there is a theoretical, multi-team, multi-player/pick trade (cemented with a back-room handshake) that would allow the Cardinals to jump from the #27 pick to the #23 pick...

In the end, it's about the scheme... and the slotting. If you can get the best run blocking OT to upgrade your historically inadequate RT... plus get pick #23. Well, that's your upgrade. Defense is a thing. Ask Joe. Ask Jim. Ask Jesse.
            OLineCentric

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2024
              • Send PM

Funny how only the top OT in the draft can upgrade Pip, but any old day three dude can upgrade the WR room. Pip must be sooooo goooood, why even upgrade?
              Interesting takes right Blue? It's like people can't see all the breadcrumbs the team has already showed. It's pretty obvious the 1st pick positionally and direction. Joe already assisted Pipkins when he added a 265lb inline blocking TE. Slater likes to be on an island and the team got a blocking TE on day one. Also, I can tell who hasn't watched hours of tape on Alt because it's obvious he not a fit both schematically and more importantly from a positional cost value perspective and Joe really cares about that from every move that has been made thus far.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Truly if you are passing up a top 5 pick - I like the idea of getting the second and third over pick 27
                granted you can always trade down from pick 27
                but this is the year to build up on rookies in rounds 2-4
                not too crazy where you keep trading back but I like the odds of getting more picks
                Yeah, I’m down but I’d like to swap those 2nd and 3rds if we do that. Every slight move up the board helps.
                This team like AZ needs picks. Of all the drafts, this draft is the perfect draft to rebuild a team. It’s just so freaking loaded with talent with numerous positions being really deep. Many of us are in agreement. Screw next years draft. I don’t want future picks if I don’t have to. I want multiple picks in every round of this draft.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Murphy at 5 doesn’t sound that unreasonable.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2024
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    If we stay at our picks, it’s probably best to get some combination of WR/CB/DT in the first three rounds.
                    I'm with you on that train....and would prefer to trade back into 2nd or 3rd to include a LB😁

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Finding defenders for Minter will involve recognizing that a lot of these explosive, athletic types are not the answer.

They get out of position, bite on double moves etc and that does not fit.

All must play the syztem.

I'm looking at Safeties that can come down to play Slot, and that is our biggest defensive need IMV.
                      Biggest need IMO is a LB. Knows how to cover and blitz. They say the position starts getting thin after the 3rd round.
                      #Sixers #HereTheyCome #Eagles #FlyEaglesFly #NFL #NBA #NFLDraft #NFLDraft2024 #draftprospects #draft2024 #edgerrincooper #texasaandm #texasam #texasamfootball

Use code ATOZFILM50 to get 50% OFF your first Factor box and free wellness shots for life with any active subscription at https://factor75.com/atozfilm50In t...

2nd biggest need IMO is a DT. Someone to push the pocket on passing downs and provide pressure up the middle.
                      Kris Jenkins knows the system. Ruke Orhorhoro is a player that is still ascending because he new to the sport. Leonard Taylor is another DT that can do many things in the run game and pressure.
                      00:00:00 - Michigan Wolverines vs. Washington Huskies, 09/11/202100:00:08 - Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Michigan Wolverines, 10/09/202100:00:19 - Maryland Terra...

Subscribe, Like this Video & Turn On Notifications!(↓↓ click show more ↓↓)Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justbombsproductions/Twitter: https://twitter....

MIAMI HURRICANES || LEONARD TAYLOR III HIGHLIGHTS---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------28 ...

3rd biggest need is CB. It was my 1st round target the last 2 years. Minter uses a lot of zone... so the prospects could be there in the 3rd round.
                      Mike Sainristil is an obvious choice for knowledge of Minter's scheme. But I like the depth @CB: TJ Tampa, Kyree Jackson, Josh Newton, Andru Phillips. There should be a good one @#69

The trade-back scenario lets us go defense @#23, #37, and #69.
                      Everybody focussed on offense... but the defense has to be addressed... and addressed sooner than most people realize.
                      OLineCentric

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2024
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

3rd biggest need is CB. It was my 1st round target the last 2 years. Minter uses a lot of zone... so the prospects could be there in the 3rd round.
                        Mike Sainristil is an obvious choice for knowledge of Minter's scheme. But I like the depth @CB: TJ Tampa, Kyree Jackson, Josh Newton, Andru Phillips. There should be a good one @#69

The trade-back scenario lets us go defense @#23, #37, and #69.
                        Everybody focussed on offense... but the defense has to be addressed... and addressed sooner than most people realize.
                        Love Mike because they need that type of Slot/Nickel corner. I like the idea of going depth/developmental corner later in the draft because the Top of this draft severely lacks a True Day One outside CB1. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade for a true #1 corner or veteran after the draft.

I know a lot of talking heads are mentioning the Minnesota trade possibility but in my opinion, it's wasted air space because the Chargers don't have any leverage to make Minnesota give up #23 to them.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

That is an interesting question
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X