• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
    Jets signed Smith and traded for Moses to play tackle. Still have Becton until he gets injured and one of this forums favorite 3rd round right tackles Max Mitchell who they got in the 4th 2 years ago.
    Becton is a free agent

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

March 19, 2024 - 9:07 pm Rumor du jour: Vikes, Pats close to swapping picks … Just a quick follow-up to yesterday’s story on the growing buzz surrounding Minnesota’s attempt to move up in the draft from the 11th pick overall to a position where they could get one of this year’s top QBs after acquiring an extra 1st from Houston, but there was a palpable buzz earlier today that the Vikings are ‘close’ to a deal with New England in which Minnesota would get the 3rd pick overall, presumably where they would select North Carolina QB Drake Maye, in exchange for a monster package of picks that could include the Vikings two first rounders this year and their #1 in 2025.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

March 19, 2024 - 9:23 pm

Monster day on pro day circuit … Tomorrow may be the biggest day ever on the annual pro schedule with workouts scheduled at Alabama, Ohio State, Texas and Southern California. An it appears that USC QB Caleb Williams will throw in some fashion at the Trojans pro day tomorrow after he passed on participating at the combine. Reportedly there will be live coverage of the event on both the NFL Network and ESPN3 beginning around 12:30 PM ET tomorrow afternoon, while the NFL Network will have a summary presentation of the USC workout at 8 PM ET tomorrow night. While Williams, the presumptive #1 pick overall at the 2024 draft, will participate in some fashion in his team’s pro day, star OHIO WR Marvin Harrison, the consensus top non-QB prospect, reportedly will not; of course he also sat out the combine and has reportedly spent the off-season working on his receiving skills rather than training for workouts in front of pro scouts. Meanwhile, pro teams are hoping that at least OSU LB Tommy ichenberg and DT Michael Hall do work out as they also did not run at the combine. Same story at Alabama where OT JC Latham and CB Kool-Aid McKinstry, a couple of first-round prospects, also didn’t run at the combine as did Texas LB Jaylon Ford. The other interesting sidelite on the day, of course, will be which teams send which reps to these various workouts.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
          March 19, 2024 - 9:07 pm Rumor du jour: Vikes, Pats close to swapping picks … Just a quick follow-up to yesterday’s story on the growing buzz surrounding Minnesota’s attempt to move up in the draft from the 11th pick overall to a position where they could get one of this year’s top QBs after acquiring an extra 1st from Houston, but there was a palpable buzz earlier today that the Vikings are ‘close’ to a deal with New England in which Minnesota would get the 3rd pick overall, presumably where they would select North Carolina QB Drake Maye, in exchange for a monster package of picks that could include the Vikings two first rounders this year and their #1 in 2025.
          Stretching the trade back dream...a menage a trois with Pats and Vikes? Did I spell that right, Maniaque 6?

Pats only go back to 5, still get a shot at JJ or a blue chip wr, Vikes get their QB, we get 11 and 23...more picks involved, Im sure...

Thin...I know...
          Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Ricky Pearsall...considered a savvy route runner, but then he smokes the combine too...4.39 speed...obnoxious 3 cone...and white man CAN jump...

3.0% or less drop rate over past 2 seasons...

Gonna watch the tape tonight...

Digging for 2nd round receivers...just in case...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
              The Vikes may have heard a rumor that another team wanted to trade up to #3 or #4, so maybe #5 might not be high enough for them to secure their targeted QB...apparently Maye in this case...as the draft gets closer, there's still a possibility of a trade down...some GM in the hot seat may feel it warming up, and may feel he has to make a move...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

More second round receivers...McConkey, Tez Walker, X. Legitte...this class is crazy good...

We stick at 5, WR makes sense...there are some damn good ones...but if Jim does Jim, and takes a tackle or edge, I damn sure wont panic on Herbies behalf....

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

MHJ not working out at pro day. Giving me another reason to not want him on the Chargers. I would rather have Odunze or Nabers in a heartbeat if they stick at 5.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                    MHJ not working out at pro day. Giving me another reason to not want him on the Chargers. I would rather have Odunze or Nabers in a heartbeat if they stick at 5.
                    At this point, would running drills help Harrison lift his draft prospects? I would be pretty sure that three is probably a lot more eyes on his game play and you know that Harbaugh already has broken him down as a key player on his teams biggest rival. Will Hortiz and Harbaugh care if they have other options at Wide Receiver beyond Round One? Frankly, I don't know if it matters on Harrison, as I think they will trade down.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

What do you think people will see at his pro day that they wouldn't see on film?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

I was irked Marvin didnt run...then I watched a ton of tape...seen him pulling away from dbs after the catch...

Word is teams are looking hard at gps data and mph acceleration and top speed...they dont need a 40 on Marvin, and he knows it...so why train for and perform a track event?

Hell, maybe AZ gets irritated with his aloofness, and takes Odunze...works for me! Bet it works for Marvin, too...who would you rather have as your QB? Herbie or Murray?

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

No reason for him to work out if he’s going to be a top 5 pick. Needless injury risk essentially to do the pro day. Also this:

Comment

Working...
                          X