• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Both Harbaugh and Minter have been talking up certain players... a lot of those being players we've all talked about possibly trading. Are they truth telling... or escalating trade values...? We'll find out.
    For trades lol. Agree with Jam. Hec you even said they arent a fit for this D if thats what Minter likes to do. So we either trade one or dont play that type of coverage with them. You saw they cant do it.

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Bosa and Mack aren't LBs. The fact that Staley had them cover anyone was a flaw. Minter already salivated over the prospect of having 3 prime edge rushers. But admitted that whether they are on the team is "above his pay grade".
      That was a major flaw. Should have been running the 4/3 with Bosa, Mack as DE. Problem being lack of quality LBs, which Staley never really resolved.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

You can't restructure Keenan (only 2024 left on his contract). But you can extend him 1 or 2 years... then slide some of his previous restructured money to 2025 or 2026 (however long the extension). You could build in a void year, too... if that is their thing. I don't believe Ed McGuire has done that before.
        Sorry if it wasn't clear. Extension is what I meant.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Well this guy, an alleged Steeler's insider, says the Steelers are committed to Kenny Pickett for one more season, so nix I guess the scenario I had of the Steeler's trading up with the Chargers to get Jayden Daniels. I can't imagine they want to waste another year on Pickett, but this guy knows the Steelers better than I do. I can't imagine fans are going to be happy about it.

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Right and why Bowers would be my TE1 and Wiley blocking TE who can also catch and make first downs.

Or Sinnott is a TE1 to a lessor degree than Bowers but that would be his role.
            The Ravens have drafted two TEs in the same draft 3 times.

We will use two TE sets often. Sometimes three and have only 1 WR in and why I say we aren't drafting a WR in the first round at #5. We have some and can draft one later and won't be in many 3 WR sets unless we are losing and running out of time. I bet we carry 5 WRs in the roster.
            Agreed, at 1st I liked the idea of drafting a WR in the 1st but after re-evaluating it didn't make sense. To me Bowers makes the most sense but if they trade back to the mid teens and Bowers is gone then I could see OT/DT/ or maybe center.
            Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
            REC: 8
            YARDS: 89
            TDS: 2

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

For trades lol. Agree with Jam. Hec you even said they arent a fit for this D if thats what Minter likes to do. So we either trade one or dont play that type of coverage with them. You saw they cant do it.
              Yeah, I think that's exactly what I said... LOL!
              I did add that when Hutchinson was @Michigan... he was more pass rusher than a guy that dropped into coverage. Maybe that clouded my original statement...? So, it looks like Minter might not cater the personnel to scheme... instead of the other way 'round. I guess we'll see in the next few months...
              OLineCentric

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Duke OT Graham Barton 6'5 315...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

For your consideration, TPB, my new Signature Mock version 2.0, Power Gap Paradise. No trades predicted in this one.

1. Joe Alt OT Notre Dame
                  2. Zach Frazier OC West Virginia
                  3. Audric Estime RB Notre Dame
                  4. Cade Stover TE Ohio State
                  5. Keith Randolph Jr. DT Illinois
                  6. Jarrian Jones NB Florida State
                  7. Khalid Duke Edge/OLB Kansas State

Obviously, this mock assumes we don't shed Bosa and Mack both, and quite possibly bring back Mike Davis on a team friendly deal, coach him up, and have him and Asante as our two outside corners.
                  Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Agreed, at 1st I liked the idea of drafting a WR in the 1st but after re-evaluating it didn't make sense. To me Bowers makes the most sense but if they trade back to the mid teens and Bowers is gone then I could see OT/DT/ or maybe center.
                    Bowers is both a TE and power runner. 2 birds one stone. Remember Rod Bernstine? He's that x10. A bit of Cordarelle Patterson.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Det does not have 4th, swapped it for Min 3rd included in the Hockension trade. Another genius move by Holmes,
                      think the suggestion of a fourth was from a PFF writer.... ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Well this guy, an alleged Steeler's insider, says the Steelers are committed to Kenny Pickett for one more season, so nix I guess the scenario I had of the Steeler's trading up with the Chargers to get Jayden Daniels. I can't imagine they want to waste another year on Pickett, but this guy knows the Steelers better than I do. I can't imagine fans are going to be happy about it.
                        actually thought Pittsburgh might be the landing spot for Russell Wilson.... ??

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Bowers is both a TE and power runner. 2 birds one stone. Remember Rod Bernstine? He's that x10. A bit of Cordarelle Patterson.
                          Don't need to convince me. Been on the bandwagon for a while. Bowers is a weapon that will benefit Herbert immensely.
                          Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                          REC: 8
                          YARDS: 89
                          TDS: 2

Comment

Working...
                          X