• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Top 4 (provided MHJ is off the board)... in order: 1) McKinstry 2) Latu 3) Fashanu 4) Odunze
    Nobody has McKinstry rated even top 10 that I’ve seen. If his 40 time is really mid-4.5s, thats not Top 4 talent imo at the next level. I dont know it is though.
    Naber is consistently (not always) rated above Odunze. Both are very good imo and likely WR1 on day 1. Which is most pro-ready? I studied all the top 5 last year and thought Flowers was most pro-ready and best pick for LAC, alas ...

I am intrigued by the Fashanu vs Alt debate. Fashanu rated higher in pure pocket pass pro, Alt rated higher in run blocking, 2nd level blocking, and overall by some. Would Fashanu help fix the run game? Is Alt effective enough in NFL pass pro? Who’s our OT breakdown experts here?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Nobody has McKinstry rated even top 10 that I’ve seen. If his 40 time is really mid-4.5s, thats not Top 4 talent imo at the next level. I dont know it is though.
      Naber is consistently (not always) rated above Odunze. Both are very good imo and likely WR1 on day 1. Which is most pro-ready? I studied all the top 5 last year and thought Flowers was most pro-ready and best pick for LAC, alas ...

I am intrigued by the Fashanu vs Alt debate. Fashanu rated higher in pure pocket pass pro, Alt rated higher in run blocking, 2nd level blocking, and overall by some. Would Fashanu help fix the run game? Is Alt effective enough in NFL pass pro? Who’s our OT breakdown experts here?
      Dude will drop like a rock if true and we can have him in the second round. That's like Safety speed numbers...
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We need a Mack/Bosa replacement badly first
        We need a KA/Williams replacement badly first
        We need a Shutdown Corner replacement badly first

TE at 6-10 is a weird luxury pick in my book. I hope to god that the new head coach over rules this type of thinking.
        No we dont. Why is TE a luxury pick when we wont have ANY after the season? Unless you like Smartt who is a EFRA . Maybe we trade down a few spots and still get him. Again ill say, this TE class is not that great!
        At least at WR we have Palmer and QJ. I really dont think we will let Keenan walk unless he wants to. Needing a WR badly, i dont agree with.

I dont think we need a first round WR. WRs i also really like later are Franklin, Worthy, Coleman, Rice, R. Wilson, McConkey, Burton....this class is pretty loaded.

Edge is pretty good too we can get Adisa Isaac or Gabriel Murphy in round 3-4. Verse is good but but he isnt a sack machine. Hec he only has 1 more than Murphy as well and Turner. I dont know why but i see some Tyree Wilson in Turner who hasnt translated to the NFL thus far. The only edge i really like top 10 is Latu for a must have. Id be happy with him if he checks out medically.

CB im down with. KoolAid i like but report is he will be a penalty machine as a rookie. Also like Cooper DeJean who id be just as happy with as McKinstry. Those are the top CBs imo where we pick round 1.

Before we state what we really NEED, why dont we wait til we see who stays and who goes. But w do know Parham and Everett are free agents and neither are playmakers or good weapons.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

would volunteer that the top four talents are Caleb, Marvin, Alt and Brock.... think Maye, Fashanu and Dallas Turner are all risky/overvalued @top 5-10 ??
          As i stated above , Turner gives me Tyree Wilson vibes who i did like but wasnt over excited over and he is not doing shit in LV.
          Is Turner really that much better than Braswell?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Phucking wasted pick there at #5. would rather just buy a TE in the free market for $10 mil. Rather move down 5 spots than draft him there. Hoping someone is even more stupid than the believers in here....
            And again, says the guy who repeatedly puts QB in his top 2 rounds. To that i say Ditto! We cant afford to pay 10 mil for TE and who do you suggest we pay that to? We paid Everett 8 and he is average.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

really not seeing it w/Bowers.... see a first round/top shelf version of Luke Musgrave from last year, and of whom is injured (again btw).

also not so certain he's a top 5 or 10 talent, and suspecting he's more a top twenty guy.... personally I liked Kincaid's route running and ability to get open and adjust to the ball better than Bowers ??

will also add, that really don't care for the argument that Bowers is the best TE in this draft, and by a mile.... who cares.... just coz the other TEs are not as great as him, no reason to panic/reach.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

We need a Mack/Bosa replacement badly first
                We need a KA/Williams replacement badly first
                We need a Shutdown Corner replacement badly first

TE at 6-10 is a weird luxury pick in my book. I hope to god that the new head coach over rules this type of thinking.
                Every guess is iffy. Can Bowers be a top receiver for Herbert? 700- 800 yds, 8-10 TDs as a rookie? I think so. But no matter, I take talent over position and there are several who look excellent.
                We should trade down for CB. WR/TE, OL, Edge are the leaders. May be take a top QB and trade him down like Eli for Rivers. + picks.
                It's early yet and the new GM/ HC will have their own opinions on roster building.
                I like top receivers for Herb and Bowers is one.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  really not seeing it w/Bowers.... see a first round/top shelf version of Luke Musgrave from last year, and of whom is injured (again btw).

also not so certain he's a top 5 or 10 talent, and suspecting he's more a top twenty guy.... personally I liked Kincaid's route running and ability to get open and adjust to the ball better than Bowers ??

will also add, that really don't care for the argument that Bowers is the best TE in this draft, and by a mile.... who cares.... just coz the other TEs are not as great as him, no reason to panic/reach.
                  I read several pundits who opine that Bowers is the best TE in several years.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2023
                    • Send PM

When you have Nabers, Kool Aid, Verse, Turner, Latu on the board and you take Bowers who might be an above average TE in the NFL which is normally taken in the second or third round you need to be handed a pink slip.

All those guys might turn out to be above average, that's why some here are asking questions.
                    Its so hard to project the defensive ends when they face mostly tomato cans.

For me, Nabers has moved above the rest of that group, and quite possibly over Bowers.
                    A slightly less explosive Jameson Williamson with more polish.

Unless someone can tell me Bowers is a 3rd down & 5 vacuum cleaning machine, i'd take Nabers.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No we dont. Why is TE a luxury pick when we wont have ANY after the season? Unless you like Smartt who is a EFRA . Maybe we trade down a few spots and still get him. Again ill say, this TE class is not that great!
                      At least at WR we have Palmer and QJ. I really dont think we will let Keenan walk unless he wants to. Needing a WR badly, i dont agree with.

I dont think we need a first round WR. WRs i also really like later are Franklin, Worthy, Coleman, Rice, R. Wilson, McConkey, Burton....this class is pretty loaded.

Edge is pretty good too we can get Adisa Isaac or Gabriel Murphy in round 3-4. Verse is good but but he isnt a sack machine. Hec he only has 1 more than Murphy as well and Turner. I dont know why but i see some Tyree Wilson in Turner who hasnt translated to the NFL thus far. The only edge i really like top 10 is Latu for a must have. Id be happy with him if he checks out medically.

CB im down with. KoolAid i like but report is he will be a penalty machine as a rookie. Also like Cooper DeJean who id be just as happy with as McKinstry. Those are the top CBs imo where we pick round 1.

Before we state what we really NEED, why dont we wait til we see who stays and who goes. But w do know Parham and Everett are free agents and neither are playmakers or good weapons.
                      because TEs taken in the first that are impact players are as rare as hens teeth. Not saying he won't add value but really a wasted pick inside the top 10. If you thought the QJ pick was an over draft then Bowers pick at say #6 will make QJ look like a bargain. Some are saying Kool aid might be Slow Aid...if true this dude will drop 10 to 20 spots if he has a slow 40 time. He will no longer be Koolaid but Burnt toast in the NFL. Latu needs to pass his physical so there's that...I like Verse a lot but every player needs his due diligence. Dallas Turner is a young pup and is still growing so trajectories are tough there. Yes, this is a deep draft for WRs but then again we passed on RBs last draft and I moaned about this so who the hell knows what we do this year. I'd add Tez Walker to the mix and take him in the 3rd if he's still there. I like a lot of your receiver picks. Nabers and Odunze are the insane deep speed threats so that's why I lean towards those two. If Harrison is there for some strange reason at #5-6 run to the podium we can even let Johnny take credit for that choice...LOL!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

First off... I couldn't give a rats-ass what some of the "experts" think. They get evals wrong all the time.

I simply watch guys play. I look for certain things they do that are important to their respective positions.

I happen to value certain positions over others. Certain positions contribute on every single play. They even make their overall position groups better/worse. I think OT and CB fit those descriptions. Look at how Pipkins poor play (or Vato's poor play) effect the whole OL (both pass and run) or what our secondary looked when JCJ and Vato couldn't perform. Both units were train wrecks. Does a TE do that to the whole receiving corps? Not in my opinion... not to that degree.

Let's say we're talking about the whole receiver corps. Simply compare draft options Bowers vs Odunze (the last 2 years):
                        Odunze: 156 receptions, 2573 yards, 20 TD's
                        Bowers: 119 receptions, 1656 yards, 13 TD's

I like Bowers... but he's a TE. Will he be better than last year's TE's..? IDK... he looks like Kincaid or LaPorta to me. TJ Hockenson looks better to me.

Had we picked Joey Porter Jr. last year (or Trent McDuffie the year before)... I wouldn't be looking at McKinstry. But we didn't... so I am.
                        If we had enough money to keep Mack/Bosa... I wouldn't be looking at Latu. But we don't... so I am.
                        If Pipkins were better [insert I told you so here]... I wouldn't be looking at Fashanu. But he sucks... so I am.

BTW... OT's get paid to pass block. They protect $262 million QB's... that's their value. If you want them to run-block... get a better OL coach.
                        OLineCentric

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

All those guys might turn out to be above average, that's why some here are asking questions.
                          Its so hard to project the defensive ends when they face mostly tomato cans.
                          re: Latu.... not sure he doesn't last a little longer than some are forecasting, as he is 23, and don't know 'bout tomato cans, but he is a coupla few years older than most of the guys he's been beating up on across the line, and so his floor might be pretty good/high, but no so sure he has so much of a ceiling, and.... he may be somewhat similar to Tuli in that regard, and of whom himself might not look so good without the likes of a Bosa and/or Mack lining up alongside him.... ??

for my taste, don't like the looks of our Dline post Khalil, and not only plenty like Latu, but would really like the NT round two as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X