Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    Who's your round two guy ??
    Idk yet. I don't have a set cluster of rounds compiled.

Still like Benson but not sure he is top of round 2 or he may be there top of round 3. Thinking maybe the latter.
    Tough call for me right now.

I assume we will get picks for Bosa and MW.
    Got to be looking at CB and Edge rushers too. Don't really have a "guy".

Beebe a round 2 guy? Maybe top of round 3?
    CB Arnold
    DT Jenkins
    Edge Will Tuimoloau make it top of 2nd? Doubt it
    CB Newton
    WRs Worthy/ Franklin?

Lots to consider still...and go back to the tape for me. Been more focused on other things.
    We got months to hash over the draft.

Need to see who our HC and GM will be

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Idk yet. I don't have a set cluster of rounds compiled.

Still like Benson but not sure he is top of round 2 or he may be there top of round 3. Thinking maybe the latter.
      Tough call for me right now.

I assume we will get picks for Bosa and MW.
      Got to be looking at CB and Edge rushers too. Don't really have a "guy".

Beebe a round 2 guy? Maybe top of round 3?
      CB Arnold
      DT Jenkins
      Edge Will Tuimoloau make it top of 2nd? Doubt it
      CB Newton
      WRs Worthy/ Franklin?

Lots to consider still...and go back to the tape for me. Been more focused on other things.
      We got months to hash over the draft.

Need to see who our HC and GM will be

It seems like everyone is forgetting that we need two good to great RB's especially if you know who is going to be our next HC! Ekeler is as good as gone also, right?!

In the second round we really have to consider RB Trey Benson or Jonathan Brooks and even in a later round Blake Corum! It would really help if we are able to pick up a few more draft picks!

With the 6 pick it's got to be Bowers, Alt, or Nabers! Harrison will probably be long gone by pick 6! And thinking about it maybe Kool Aid!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

I was just looking at draft buzz site about Kool Aid - it says his 40 time is 4.55 - is that right?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

It seems like everyone is forgetting that we need two good to great RB's especially if you know who is going to be our next HC! Ekeler is as good as gone also, right?!

In the second round we really have to consider RB Trey Benson or Jonathan Brooks and even in a later round Blake Corum! It would really help if we are able to pick up a few more draft picks!

With the 6 pick it's got to be Bowers, Alt, or Nabers! Harrison will probably be long gone by pick 6! And thinking about it maybe Kool Aid!
          I think you’re right we need to consider spending a higher pick (not 1) on RB. I’m not convinced Corum projects that well to next level yet, haven’t really studied a lot of tape but I’ve watched a few UM games and I have never seen that elite wiggle burst acceleration that the really good RBs have, and he doesn’t strike me as a bulldozer line wrecking beast either. I could be wrong, not enough study on him yet.

he could be better than Kelley and Spiller, but thats not the target level of a draft pick,

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think you’re right we need to consider spending a higher pick (not 1) on RB. I’m not convinced Corum projects that well to next level yet, haven’t really studied a lot of tape but I’ve watched a few UM games and I have never seen that elite wiggle burst acceleration that the really good RBs have, and he doesn’t strike me as a bulldozer line wrecking beast either. I could be wrong, not enough study on him yet.

he could be better than Kelley and Spiller, but thats not the target level of a draft pick,
            Not a good year for RBs. Very good year for QBs, Receivers, and Tackles...don't force the issue thru the draft this year. Time to really kick the wheels in preseason tryouts.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

I was just looking at draft buzz site about Kool Aid - it says his 40 time is 4.55 - is that right?
              Interesting. We'll find out in a few months, after the scouting combine and pro days.

Last week I shared this from a scouting report on the Michigan-Alabama game in The Athletic:

Kool-Aid McKinstry was named a first-team All-American by several services and is viewed as a top-20 pick by The Athletic’s Dane Brugler. “He’s big and talented, but he’s so handsy. He’s a big pass interference guy,” said an offensive coach who played Alabama in the first half of the season.

Terrion Arnold is viewed by rival coaches as an even better corner. The junior leads the SEC with five picks. An SEC defensive backs coach said Arnold’s athleticism separates him from other corners.

“Their two corners really got in our grill,” added an SEC West analyst. “They had the two best corners we saw. Not gonna give you access or easy throws.”

How much does that mean? Who knows?

I've been more focused on Dallas Turner while watching Alabama this season, but I'll be paying more attention to Kool-Aid and Terrion Arnold during the playoff game against Michigan.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Interesting. We'll find out in a few months, after the scouting combine and pro days.

Last week I shared this from a scouting report on the Michigan-Alabama game in The Athletic:

Kool-Aid McKinstry was named a first-team All-American by several services and is viewed as a top-20 pick by The Athletic’s Dane Brugler. “He’s big and talented, but he’s so handsy. He’s a big pass interference guy,” said an offensive coach who played Alabama in the first half of the season.

Terrion Arnold is viewed by rival coaches as an even better corner. The junior leads the SEC with five picks. An SEC defensive backs coach said Arnold’s athleticism separates him from other corners.

“Their two corners really got in our grill,” added an SEC West analyst. “They had the two best corners we saw. Not gonna give you access or easy throws.”

How much does that mean? Who knows?

I've been more focused on Dallas Turner while watching Alabama this season, but I'll be paying more attention to Kool-Aid and Terrion Arnold during the playoff game against Michigan.
                Arnold is a very good corner, we should watch them both. He's projected late 1st rd though, not the right value for a Top 8 pick. If we have #6, do they trade down with someone that needs that 3rd QB desperately and if so, how far and for what price? their #1, #2, and 2025 #1 or even more? Odds are that team that is desperate for a QB is between 7 and 12 or so? or does LAC take one of the true blue chips at #6 - I expect Alt, Bowers or both are on the board at 6 and either of them are cornerstones to build an elite and lasting offense. If it were TT, we know he'd just take someone there. IF it were BB, we (almost) know he'd trade down.

One of our problems, imo, we just don't know exactly how BAD our DBs really are - Staley got them all so fucked up and confused with his requirement to make instant adjustments, shifts and switches, who knows if they can learn to be pro DBs with proper coaching and a scheme they can understand? Regardless we need at least one lockdown CB and I don't go to 2024 without adding at least 1 starter caliber CB. Vato is gone, has been repeatedly benched, I don't re-sign him.

If we use #6 on Mr Blue, what does the top of Rd 2 look like for CBs. these 2 are likely both gone. My recollection is recent years had had runs on CBs and they have gone earlier than projected - not sure on that at all though?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Havent forgot a RB. Id like to draft two if possible. I Banger and a scat. If we hire Harbaugh, he might want Corum though he isnt one of my favorites. Prefer Benson over him.

Id like to see who we hire first.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I dont know where they get those 40 times and take them with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Arnold is a very good corner, we should watch them both. He's projected late 1st rd though, not the right value for a Top 8 pick. If we have #6, do they trade down with someone that needs that 3rd QB desperately and if so, how far and for what price? their #1, #2, and 2025 #1 or even more? Odds are that team that is desperate for a QB is between 7 and 12 or so? or does LAC take one of the true blue chips at #6 - I expect Alt, Bowers or both are on the board at 6 and either of them are cornerstones to build an elite and lasting offense. If it were TT, we know he'd just take someone there. IF it were BB, we (almost) know he'd trade down.

One of our problems, imo, we just don't know exactly how BAD our DBs really are - Staley got them all so fucked up and confused with his requirement to make instant adjustments, shifts and switches, who knows if they can learn to be pro DBs with proper coaching and a scheme they can understand? Regardless we need at least one lockdown CB and I don't go to 2024 without adding at least 1 starter caliber CB. Vato is gone, has been repeatedly benched, I don't re-sign him.

If we use #6 on Mr Blue, what does the top of Rd 2 look like for CBs. these 2 are likely both gone. My recollection is recent years had had runs on CBs and they have gone earlier than projected - not sure on that at all though?
                      If the new guys are smart, they will almost certainly trade back, get capitol to start building this team to their vision...I would hate to miss out on my boy Bowers ( yes, Boltjolt...you saw him first, lol) but I would certainly understand it...might get lucky, slide back to 10-12, and he will still be there...hard for a team to pull the trigger on a TE top ten...we will see.
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

I think Boltjolt has been on Bowers since his parents got back the ultrasound that confirmed its a boy!!
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

He's injury prone.
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X