• Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

From the scouting report on Washington-Texas in The Athletic:

Scouting RB Dillon Johnson: ‘He’s become the difference’

The other underrated aspect of the offense is Dillon Johnson, their running back, who is third in the Pac-12 in rushing with 1,113 yards and 14 TDs. In games against ranked opponents, the Mississippi State transfer averaged 108 yards per game.

“They’ve become so much more balanced in the last month,” said one Pac-12 head coach. Johnson has rushed for 683 yards and eight TDs in the past five games.

“He runs so hard,” said a Pac-12 receivers coach. “He has really good balance. He’s always moving forward, getting four and five yards a pop on first down. To me, he’s become the difference.”

Maybe we can get him in the third or fourth round?
    Washington "knows how to win" and folks forget that, says a Pac-12 coach. How do the Huskies match up with Texas?

Comment

• charger1993
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

With the above oline suggested and good coaching that definitely looks like it could be one of the better young lines in football for years to come! I wouldn't be disappointed if something like this were to happen.
      it could be i wont be mad at it, if it keeps justin upright and our run game something that is actually alive, ill be ecstatic

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Day one....trade back to 10-13...nab Verse or Turner

Day two, three picks....Cooper Beebe, Trey Benson, Cade Stover

Beebe might be my favorite player after Bowers...thats a poor mans Zach Martin right there...I think he could play any position on the oline if he had too, though prob Salyer like at LT...smart, hardworking, gifted olineman...we'll find a spot for him, lol
        I'll ONLY do that IF Bowers is off the board. If he is there's that's who I'm drafting. Not passing on TE big weapon for Herbert and the offense to get an extra 3rd.

We will get that from trading Bosa and MW.
        I've mocked us Beebe a couple times. He would be a good get and wonder if he lasts top of round three for us?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'll ONLY do that IF Bowers is off the board. If he is there's that's who I'm drafting. Not passing on a big weapon for Herbert and the offense to get an extra 3rd.

We will get that from trading Bosa and MW.
          You missed the memo...Bowers is my dude...just look at the line underneath my name whenever I post...

But it will be a long and boring offseason, if I dont spitball a number of other approaches...
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

You missed the memo...Bowers is my dude...just look at the line underneath my name whenever I post...

But it will be a long and boring offseason, if I dont spitball a number of other approaches...
            Yep, but that's my guy.
            Nice BTW!

Wanted him since his freshman year. Kept saying we need to get that guy for 2 years ,... however, I never figured we would be bad enough to do it without trading the farm....which even I wouldn't do.

Now it's a reality And btw, we need a TE upgrade!
            Doubt we win our next 2 games.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I've mocked us Beebe a couple times. He would be a good get and wonder if he lasts top of round three for us?
              Who's your round two guy ??

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Yep, but that's my guy.
                Nice BTW!

Wanted him since his freshman year. Kept saying we need to get that guy for 2 years ,... however, I never figured we would be bad enough to do it without trading the farm....which even I wouldn't do.

If we lose these last two, we should have a good shot at Bowers! Herbert would love having a TE like Bowers.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

I really don't care what position the Bolts draft with their Top 5 pick, as long as whoever it is DOMINATES.

This team could *SO* use a dominant player at any number of positions, and your draft script outlines it beautifully.

Bowers and Harrison look like No-Brainers, but I couldn't complain about a CB, a DT, an Edge, or an RB that came in and dominated.

And as high as they'll be drafting, there's no reason that a guy of that caliber won't be there for the taking. I will be insanely curious about the possibilities, as the player evals come in as the draft approaches.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

If we lose these last two, we should have a good shot at Bowers! Herbert would love having a TE like Bowers.
                    The last two games are Denver (road) and KC (home).

As I understand it, the Broncos still have a statistical chance-- but not a likelihood-- of qualifying for the postseason. But they have NO shot, unless they beat the Chargers, so they should absolutely be focused and motivated for this one. It's not impossible for the Bolts to win, but it's definitely not the bet I'd make, were I a betting man.

In the final game against KC, the Chiefs will almost certainly have to win, if they're to earn home field advantage. Which they'll definitely want. (And probably need.) So I don't envision the Chiefs resting starters and coasting in this game. They were already a better team than the Bolts BEFORE that flash flood of Chargers were washed off the roster and on to IR.. Now?!? <Deity of Choice>!!! I expect it to be Oliver Hardy sitting on Stan Laurel! Apollo Creed against PeeWee Herman! The 'A' Team against the Teletubbies!

If the Chargers play well and win either game, I'll be happy about it. (I would have been happy for them to beat the Bills). But I don't see it happening.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

In week 18, the Chiefs will be locked at #3 !

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        In week 18, the Chiefs will be locked at #3 !
                        You're expecting the Dolphins to win in Baltimore next week?
                        They get the Bills following that.

Hell, the Chief's might lose to Cincy next week,
                        and then battle just to stay ahead of Denver.

K.C. is a complete garbage team ... they have no business being in the playoffs.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Yep, but that's my guy.
                          Nice BTW!

I'm finally with you and all the Brocksters.
                          to the point where he's number 1 in my cluster ahead of everyone INCLUDING MH2.
                          I'll list my reasons at at length at some point, but after watching a lot of him, MH2, Nabers, Kook Aid, Latu and Atl, I can confidently say this:
                          There is no one else that moves the needle more for us in the right direction than this kid, including MH2 who comes with risks that BB does not.
                          It's early, but BB is the perfect fit on the field, off the field and especially in the locker room as a cultural change agent for what we need to become.
                          The toughest, smartest and most physical team in the AFCW.
                          2024: Far From Over

Comment

Working...
                          X