• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Drafting a backup QB in Top 5 R1 is a misallocation of a rare pick that is expected to be a pro bowl starter, imo. No team does that for a reason … we want an impact starter with a top 5 pick. Hence my “crazy” reply.

but hey, I’ve been getting surprised this year so who knows.
    Probably a misallocation but in reality it could be an investment for three years with a trade down the road. I'd rather trade out and get more picks if there's a good QB there and maybe draft another QB lower 1st or top of second round. It's not just us but other teams have had to replace their starting QB this season and guess what their season could be on the line or destroyed. Our gambling finally caught us and we could see the writing on the wall for some time.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

OLB Laiatu Latu. 6-5, 265 lbs. 23.5 sacks the last 2 years.
      UCLA pass rusher who made Pac-12 QBs' lives miserable2023 Stats: 49 Tkl, 13 Sacks, 2 FF, 2 INT

OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You would rather sign Harrison Bryant and draft Stover than draft Bowers if he is on the board? And start Parham? Yikes! Ok. If he isn't on the board then that's our other option I guess. TE won't be a very strong position.
        I don't know what Bryant is worth in FAcy but what if we signed him and still drafted Bowers? TE group is much better.

Herberts brother should go back to school as he is a Jr.
        He only has 20 career receptions. 14 of them this season. Btw, ever seen his pic? Looks just like Justin but with a mustache lol ( on ESPN)
        I’m looking for more picks. My bad in not mentioning not trading back. If Bowers is there and they don’t trade back, yes take him. If they decide to trade back, which I would do. Yes, Bryant, Stover, Parham as the top 3 just for 2024. Then continue to build the TE room the following year.

I get how good Bowers is, but this team is in dire need of players. If there is that possibility to trade back and get more picks, I’m all for it.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

You would rather sign Harrison Bryant and draft Stover than draft Bowers if he is on the board? And start Parham? Yikes! Ok. If he isn't on the board then that's our other option I guess. TE won't be a very strong position.
          I don't know what Bryant is worth in FAcy but what if we signed him and still drafted Bowers? TE group is much better.

Herberts brother should go back to school as he is a Jr.
          He only has 20 career receptions. 14 of them this season. Btw, ever seen his pic? Looks just like Justin but with a mustache lol ( on ESPN)
          Yes, if it means we're getting a stud on defense at a premium position in the first round. I have my eyes on Dallas Turner and Latu, and I am intrigued with Kool-Aid. I don't want to watch Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Joe Burrow throw for 400 yards a game against us over the next handful of years.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Yes, if it means we're getting a stud on defense at a premium position in the first round. I have my eyes on Dallas Turner and Latu, and I am intrigued with Kool-Aid. I don't want to watch Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Joe Burrow throw for 400 yards a game against us over the next handful of years.
            Our pass defense was terrible this season. The pass rush was pretty good... but the coverage was aweful. Some of that probably had to do with the schemes Staley was running. But a lot of that was also personnel. There was no one that could man-up vs quality WR's. The next DC will need someone who can play press-man when the situation calls for it. If you wait until the 2nd round for a CB this draft... you're gambling. There will be good CB's there... but I don't see #1CB skills like I see in Kool-Aid. Teams (see LSU game) stayed away from Kool-Aid. I don't think Nabers caught a single pass vs him.

OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Could have used a good back-up QB numerous times over the past few seasons and if we were an actually competently run organization we could have used a quality player who we could actually use and trade. But yeah I'm the crazy one who doesn't want to over draft a player who should be taken in the late 1st or maybe second round. The problem with this team is that we keep on going into this season every year thinking we have enough of Whatever only to painfully find out by the end of the season we don't. What gives? We played a heavily injured Herbert with broken ribs and broken fingers because we had No ONE Else to carry the load. Kind of like limping around the race track with flat tires at the end of the car race. Totally preventable stuff that consistently screw up season in and season out.
              Finding a good backup isnt that hard. Telesco just sux at it and goes cheap with Stick. I wanted us to sign Minshew last year as the backup. He looks pretty good in Indy. Even Heineke is better than Stick. There are plenty others and Telesco again drafts Duggan....wtf! He was overall a bad drafter.

Name a team with a 1st round QB that was drafted to be the backup? Nobody does that!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I’m looking for more picks. My bad in not mentioning not trading back. If Bowers is there and they don’t trade back, yes take him. If they decide to trade back, which I would do. Yes, Bryant, Stover, Parham as the top 3 just for 2024. Then continue to build the TE room the following year.

I get how good Bowers is, but this team is in dire need of players. If there is that possibility to trade back and get more picks, I’m all for it.
                I agree! There are a few i wouldnt trade back for, Bowers being one. MHJ another. OK , maybe 2. But yes if they are gone and MHJ certainly should be, then im for trading back a little, ...depending on where we end up picking. But imo, TE is a very weak spot and doubt we are resigning Everett and even if we do, he is average and below average blocker and will be a 1 year deal IF he s back. Just doubt he is.

Hey not all first round TEs bust. Tony Gonzales was a stud and so will Bowers. Hockenson doing very well. Kincaid isnt a bust and i liked Bowers over him....and i wanted us to draft Kincaid. Never thought we would suck bad enough to sniff Bowers.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I actually like Verse more than Turner. Reminds me of some ways a younger Mack with his pocket push.
                  ditto.... me too,

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Our pass defense was terrible this season. The pass rush was pretty good... but the coverage was aweful. Some of that probably had to do with the schemes Staley was running. But a lot of that was also personnel. There was no one that could man-up vs quality WR's. The next DC will need someone who can play press-man when the situation calls for it. If you wait until the 2nd round for a CB this draft... you're gambling. There will be good CB's there... but I don't see #1CB skills like I see in Kool-Aid. Teams (see LSU game) stayed away from Kool-Aid. I don't think Nabers caught a single pass vs him.
                    A lot of it does but yes, Vato has been shit and they should just cut him and let Leonard play if he is healthy. Staleys scheme is the biggest problem. But agree we need a CB...or two.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Let's say we end up in the top five, Harrison is gone, and we go offensive tackle. What's the plan with Slater? Keep him at left tackle and have the rookie play right tackle? Move Slater to guard, have the rookie start at left tackle, and move Salyer to right tackle? Or do we start the rookie at left tackle and move Slater to right tackle?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                        Let's say we end up in the top five, Harrison is gone, and we go offensive tackle. What's the plan with Slater? Keep him at left tackle and have the rookie play right tackle? Move Slater to guard, have the rookie start at left tackle, and move Salyer to right tackle? Or do we start the rookie at left tackle and move Slater to right tackle?
                        Dont know why we would move Slater anywhere. He has been a All Pro at LT. Id assume the OT we draft would go to RT. But top 5 OT? Seems a stretch to me. Got to think they trade down if going OT.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Finding a good backup isnt that hard. Telesco just sux at it and goes cheap with Stick. I wanted us to sign Minshew last year as the backup. He looks pretty good in Indy. Even Heineke is better than Stick. There are plenty others and Telesco again drafts Duggan....wtf! He was overall a bad drafter.

Name a team with a 1st round QB that was drafted to be the backup? Nobody does that!
                          The Jets! Sorry couldn't resist with all those first round misses. LOL!
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X